ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Here comes the winds of change Bengals
RunKC 09:35 AM 01-30-2023
The price of being a good team. We saw how Allen regressed after Dabboll left. Losing either of these 2 would be a huge blow to that team.

This just in....

The Cardinals have requested to interview Bengals DC Lou Anarumo for their vacant HC job, per league source.@gmfb @nflnetwork

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) January 30, 2023

The #Cardinals also requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source. Callahan also is a candidate for the #Colts job.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:41 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

They may just do it in desperation for a Super Bowl before they have to rebuild around chase and burrows contracts. But that will just make the rebuild harder. If anything you want to pay off as much of burrow and chases deals in the front years so the future parts of the deal become just a little less expensive.
The only front loaded deal is a franchise tag. Everything else teams structure for backloading non guaranteed money. Add void years on 2 and 3 year contracts to stretch signing bonuses out to the max 5 years. And then roll over any unused cap from current years into next. Barring another pandemic or work stoppage the cap will never go down. Other bonuses (mostly roster) can be redone into signing bonuses to clear cap in any one particular year.
[Reply]
Sorter 10:05 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This makes Josh Allen...um...Randall Cunningham? Jim Everett?
Rivers.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:31 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You a Bengals fan, brah?
It’s really weird, because I’ve never noticed it before. But yeah I think they are a Bengals fan.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:31 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Rivers.
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...ust-messenger/
[Reply]
BossChief 10:55 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Rivers.
That’s exactly who I’ve always compared him to, as well.

A little stronger arm and more mobile, but just as dumb and overwhelmed in big moments.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:40 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It’s really weird, because I’ve never noticed it before. But yeah I think they are a Bengals fan.
No doubt that dude is a Bengals fan.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:38 AM 02-05-2023
Defending Allen is not my comfort zone, but. Rivers had Gates and Tomlinson on his one AFCCG run. Diggs helped Allen get elite attached to his name. Maybe better weapons would stop some of his need to overachieve

Yucky, that was
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:53 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
C’mon Arizona. Hire this ****er and **** the Bengals!

So dumb. I do NOT understand these franchises.

You've got an underperforming young QB that you backed up a truck load of money to-and you're going to hire a defensive coach. It almost never works.

If that's your QB you've got to get a good offensive mind in there to run things and get the most out of that situation because you've already doubled down.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:57 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s exactly who I’ve always compared him to, as well.

A little stronger arm and more mobile, but just as dumb and overwhelmed in big moments.
I don't think that's fair.

In the 13 seconds game, Allen made every throw there was to make, his defense just couldn't stop Mahomes in a miracle situation.

He played the second half of this year with an arm problem, so I'm not judging him on that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:33 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They can backload the contract for Burrow in a pretty big way, similar to the KC deal with Mahomes. They also don't have to worry about Chase's big money for quite a few years since he was drafted later than Burrow.
Mahomes contract is a unicorn so it’s hard to compare. We are so damn lucky. It’s a credit to both hunt and mahomes. Unlike hunt, mike brown is notoriously cheap and and I don’t know if burrow will agree to a team friendly deal. Most QBs wouldn’t. I would bet it’s going to be a traditional deal with a huge signing bonus , less years (meaning less ability to spread out restructures) and the bulk of the contract coming from base salaries that are “guaranteed” because the dead cap is so enormous they can’t cut him early.

There are only so many magic tricks you can pull with this deal. Especially a qb who has a great shot at finishing his contract. Chase is different because there are so many things that can go wrong before he even turns 30. So if you intend to pay him in year 6 then you’re playing a dangerous game by backloading. If you’re paying him $45m per year outside of signing bonus, if you pay him $30m one year they only means you have to find $15m the rest of the contract. The exception of course being year 1 (likely a restructure on his rookie deal) and year 2 (likely a huge bonus instead of base salary which you can prorate throughout the contract). burrow and his agent arent dummies. They’re not going to let the bengals push the biggest chunks of the contract out to the back half where the bengals have an out on the contract. They’re going to either want that deal front loaded or have huge guarantees on the back end of the contract. That’s the rub. They may choose to backload the contract to win now, but they have to pay the piper at some point. Any money they save today will hit them tomorrow.

More than likely his contract is josh Allen’s on steroids.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:36 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So dumb. I do NOT understand these franchises.

You've got an underperforming young QB that you backed up a truck load of money to-and you're going to hire a defensive coach. It almost never works.

If that's your QB you've got to get a good offensive mind in there to run things and get the most out of that situation because you've already doubled down.
Well, two things…. The best offensive coaches will want to stay the hell away from Kyler. A guy who soaks up a ton of long term cap and seems impossible to coach.

But secondly, I think the cards recognize their mistake. It seems like a huge mistake to run your team through Kyler. So the best option might be to build the best team around him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:42 AM 02-05-2023
Well, two things…. The best offensive coaches will want to stay the hell away from Kyler. A guy who soaks up a ton of long term cap and seems impossible to coach.

But secondly, I think the cards recognize their mistake. It seems like a huge mistake to run your team through Kyler. So the best option might be to build the best team around him.
Yeah, that might be. But if they're already kind of giving up on Kyler being special, that's a pretty terrible look.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:45 AM 02-05-2023

I truly wonder how invested the owner is on Kyler for the long-term.

If I were walking in there as GM, I'd want him gone.

I'd honestly walk in there and say I'm doing this:

Trading or cutting WR DeAndre Hopkins.
Cutting WR Robbie Anderson and ER Dennis Gardeck
Restructuring LT DJ Humphries, S Budda Baker, TE Zach Ertz, and RB James Conner

That leaves me $27 million to add a bunch (32 FAs before I work my wizardry) of low-key FAs and sign a draft class after I...

Cut Kyler Murray with a June 1 designation.

So, I'm eating shit in year 1 but fuck if I'm eating shit for my tenure.

I got the 3rd overall pick where I can get a QB then I'm going all in on the offensive and defensive lines for the rest of the draft.

Fuck it. Fill in roster holes with UDFAs. You're going to be picking high again in 2024 anyhow but two years of a top 5 pick will turn this steaming pile of shit around for the long term and that would be without Kyler fucking Murray.
[Reply]
Fronti3r 10:52 AM 02-05-2023
I interview part-time applicants for positions I manage at work on Zoom...of course the Cardinals are using Zoom to interview HEAD COACH applicants. What a clown franchise doing clown things.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:38 PM 02-05-2023

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s/69870270007/
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up