ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 PM 10-14-2021
We are owed a better explanation. I don’t need to know the personal disagreements or the details like some TMZ thing. He wasn’t the worst thing in the org. So why is he gone?

Just give us the 10K foot view. Did Schildt want to play more vets? Mo and Dewitt wanted to play the young ones? What was it?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:40 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We are owed a better explanation. I don’t need to know the personal disagreements or the details like some TMZ thing. He wasn’t the worst thing in the org. So why is he gone?

Just give us the 10K foot view. Did Schildt want to play more vets? Mo and Dewitt wanted to play the young ones? What was it?
I wonder if not picking up the option on Carpenter and Martinez had something tho do with it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:29 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I wonder if not picking up the option on Carpenter and Martinez had something tho do with it.
If Shildt chose to die on that hill, he deserves to be fired into the sun.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:36 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
If Shildt chose to die on that hill, he deserves to be fired into the sun.
He put Carpenter in the cleanup spot batting .170 about 10 days ago.

I think people skewed his results comparing him to Matheny but he did some mindless shit on the regular.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You talk about Mozeliak like he's Brett Veach.

I don't think he's that great either but he isn't a complete idiot.
He’s a bigger idiot than Veach. By orders of magnitude.

Mozeliak is fucking TERRIBLE at his job. One of the 5 worst in the game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 PM 10-14-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Shildt will end up taking the Padres to the World Series.
Good.

I hope he cunt punts that bowtie wearing fraudulent pile of shit in the process.

I’m openly rooting against the Cardinals until this sack of shit is gone.

Fuck John Mozeliak and Bill DeWitt. This is not how you a guy that’s given as much to the organization as Shildt has. Oh, and apart from that, it’s stupid and the wrong guy got canned.

This is my Scott Pioli puke point. I’m out until he is.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:13 AM 10-15-2021
So when does Mo hold himself accountable? Pathetic he fires Shildt (who deserved to be canned) and yet a bottom 3 GM in baseball is still employed
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 AM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
So when does Mo hold himself accountable? Pathetic he fires Shildt (who deserved to be canned) and yet a bottom 3 GM in baseball is still employed
Wondering about this. Everyone in here that posts hates Mo and wants him fired. Maybe Rams Fan is a little wishy washy on it but the rest of us are pretty strong in our views that he should have been fired years ago.

I don't frequent other Cardinal boards or live in St. Louis. Are we the outlier's in Cardinals nation with wanting Mo gone?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:42 AM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don't frequent other Cardinal boards or live in St. Louis. Are we the outlier's in Cardinals nation with wanting Mo gone?
Yes.

But again, Cardinal Nation hates Jim Edmonds on the call and loves Brad Thompson. They jerk off to performative standing ovations for guys who got traded to the team like Brandon Moss.

Cardinal Nation is roundly retarded and deserves John Mozeliak and his corporate babble bullshit.

Because for some reason they think that setting $400 million on fire is okay because 1/2 the teams in the NL aren't even trying to win and hey, we're better than those guys...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:46 AM 10-15-2021
No.

A) Nobody in the organization likes Martinez. And he left the team after he got hurt while a short-termer like Wade LeBlanc stuck around even after his season was over. Shildt is more than happy to see Martinez go.

B) Why would Shildt give a rip that the Cardinals elected not to pay Matt Carpenter $18 million? Yes, he occasionally played him, but he also mostly buried him down the stretch. If he really wanted Carpenter back, he knows full well that the move is still to decline the option. Carpenter knew that the option was going to be declined.

No, Shildt didn't go to war over those 2.

It's almost certainly a Jeff Albert thing, IMO. That or payroll. He either wanted an organizational shift in hitting philosophy after seeing the offense go dark (again) vs. the Dodgers or he wanted to see the Cardinals add a big bat or big arm in the offseason as was told no.

Hell, it might've been both. Time will tell.

But if the rumors are true and Mozeliak fired the guy over the phone and Shildt was blindsided by it, then I think it's pretty clear that Shildt found his voice, announced his displeasure at the direction of the team and was cut off at the knees for not genuflecting at the altar of the mighty Mozeliak.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:51 AM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yes.

But again, Cardinal Nation hates Jim Edmonds on the call and loves Brad Thompson. They jerk off to performative standing ovations for guys who got traded to the team like Brandon Moss.

Cardinal Nation is roundly retarded and deserves John Mozeliak and his corporate babble bullshit.

Because for some reason they think that setting $400 million on fire is okay because 1/2 the teams in the NL aren't even trying to win and hey, we're better than those guys...
Can I hate Jim Edmonds being an announcer because I think he’s an actual piece of shit human being?

Or does that mean I’m stupid.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:52 AM 10-15-2021
Nobody likes Mo, for obvious reasons. He should be gone as well.

But damn, Schildt sure has grown in popularity since getting fired.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:55 AM 10-15-2021
Nobody likes Mo, for obvious reasons. He should be gone as well.

But damn, Schildt sure has grown in popularity since getting fired.
That’s because Shildt is actually good at his job.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:00 AM 10-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
That’s because Shildt is actually good at his job.
I get you are fan and DJ is a fan, but a retarded chimp knew not to pitch Reyes there with the season literally on the line and other options. Every other pitcher available was better option, I called the homerun as soon as I saw Reyes warming up.

And I am sorry man, the guy who not only kept giving Carpenter playing time but batting him in the middle of the order is not a good manager. That's just a fact. 207 at bats for that turd and

Avg

HR

RBI

OPS

Schildt is probably a really good coach, he is a terrible manager, there are large differences.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:05 AM 10-15-2021
I get you are fan and DJ is a fan, but a retarded chimp knew not to pitch Reyes there with the season literally on the line and other options. Every other pitcher available was better option, I called the homerun as soon as I saw Reyes warming up.

And I am sorry man, the guy who not only kept giving Carpenter playing time but batting him in the middle of the order is not a good manager. That's just a fact.

Schildt is probably a really good coach, he is a terrible manager, there are large differences.
He was given literally dogshit to deal with in the bullpen.

I get the criticism with Reyes-but that’s like complaining about a broken toilet on a sinking ship.

The offense went 0-11 with RISP. The bullpen was Frankenstein’s monster. A historic streak led to them even making the play-in game.

It took a miracle for the team to accomplish what it did. Shildt leaving in McFarland or using a AAAA guy(Flaherty or Hudson wouldn’t have been used and shouldn’t have been seen as viable options in a mid-inning situation) wouldn’t have made a difference.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up