ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Craig Stout: Chris Jones has been lining up at DE a TON at OTAs.
htismaqe 01:40 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I honestly don’t think it means anything at all. It’s a position coach, and a new one at that.

I’d imagine part of it is also letting Hitchens know he’s valued and appreciated despite drafting LB’s in back to back years, one of which seems to be his future replacement
You're probably right, of course. I just think it will be interesting to see.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:08 PM 06-04-2021
I honestly don’t think it means anything at all. It’s a position coach, and a new one at that.

I’d imagine part of it is also letting Hitchens know he’s valued and appreciated despite drafting LB’s in back to back years, one of which seems to be his future replacement
Yes. And maybe sending a message about HOW you gain praise from this coach.

I've used that tactic myself... overly and vocally praising an experienced team member for doing it "the right way" as an example to new guys and gals.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:43 PM 06-04-2021
It's silly season.

It's a BIG assumption that Hitchens is going to get another contract just because his new LB coach said some nice things about him.

Especially when they have 2 young LB in the room they probably want to model themselves after Hitchens.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:44 PM 06-04-2021
Nobody is assuming it, just talking about it
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:56 PM 06-15-2021

Chiefs are planning to use DT Chris Jones as an edge rusher at times this season. That’s going to be a legitimate problem for tackles.

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) June 15, 2021

[Reply]
Direckshun 09:04 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Honest question: do we have a precedent in NFL history for a dominant, Top 3 DT who went on to become even a merely really good DE?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:16 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Honest question: do we have a precedent in NFL history for a dominant, Top 3 DT who went on to become even a merely really good DE?
Reggie White?
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:18 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Reggie White?
Was Reggie White an elite DT for years? Serious question.

He was right on the cusp of Before My Time and I remember him being an unstoppable wrecking ball at DE.

Was he an unstoppable wrecking ball at DT first?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:06 AM 06-16-2021
Was Reggie White an elite DT for years? Serious question.

He was right on the cusp of Before My Time and I remember him being an unstoppable wrecking ball at DE.

Was he an unstoppable wrecking ball at DT first?
Reggie White played the majority of his time in an odd front or Buddy Ryan's 46, which means as a DE, he was lined up "inside". He wasn't ever an "edge" rusher.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:25 PM 06-15-2021
They’re just working him in to create mismatches in certain situations. It’s no different than how Donald is used.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:34 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
They’re just working him in to create mismatches in certain situations. It’s no different than how Donald is used.
We won't know until the games are played and the snaps can be analyzed, but it sounds like he's going to be on the edge at least part time. Not a Donald arrangement.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:10 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
He knew this last year, he just chose not to say anything.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:36 PM 06-15-2021
Guys remember when Andy said throughout 2016 that Alex was unquestionably the guy for the indefinite future?

Likely the same deal regarding Hitchens here.

Back to the thread topic, I’m excited to see how they want to use Jones.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:20 PM 06-15-2021
Chris Jones played 3-4 DE to start his career. He will likely be playing a similar role when playing DE on early downs. He’s not moving to DE full time, and will still be playing inside on passing downs. They’ve also said whether he plays there at all and how often will be dependent on the matchup.

How many times does this have to be explained?
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:23 PM 06-15-2021
Chris Jones played 3-4 DE to start his career. He will likely be playing a similar role when playing DE on early downs. He’s not moving to DE full time, and will still be playing inside on passing downs. They’ve also said whether he plays there at all and how often will be dependent on the matchup.

How many times does this have to be explained?
I suspect he will actually be used similarly to how he was used in the Titans game from 2019.

Edited to clarify: the regular season Titans game.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up