ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 151 of 378
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:57 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I could tell in that Hawks series this isn’t the same Celtics team defensively as last year.
Yep. No doubt they win the title this year with Udoka. He improved last season as the year progressed. Mazzulla is in over his head. Makes no adjustments.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:06 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I like Curry a helluva lot more than LeBron. James is an entitled cry baby who had to search out teams he could win on, instead of building a team that wins.

And he is ridiculous to proclaim himself the GOAT. I would take MJ and Kobe over James 101 times out of 100 over James, just based on mental toughness alone, but also on their play on the court.

James is barely in the Top 5 best players ever, much less the GOAT.

1 - MJ
2 - Wilt
3 - Kobe
4 - James
5 - Magic
This is an absolutely asinine take.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:18 PM 05-01-2023
I like Curry a helluva lot more than LeBron. James is an entitled cry baby who had to search out teams he could win on, instead of building a team that wins.

And he is ridiculous to proclaim himself the GOAT. I would take MJ and Kobe over James 101 times out of 100 over James, just based on mental toughness alone, but also on their play on the court.

James is barely in the Top 5 best players ever, much less the GOAT.

1 - MJ
2 - Wilt
3 - Kobe
4 - James
5 - Magic
Other than Arrow (who nobody takes seriously), this could be the worst basketball take I’ve seen in a decade on this board. Honestly maybe the worst sports take too.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:22 PM 05-01-2023
Is Kobe the most overrated athlete ever at this point? I’ve always maintained it was Brady but I may have to shift on that.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:25 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This is an absolutely asinine take.
Did you ever see MJ or Kobe run around the court for 5 minutes showing the refs the forearm he was fouled on, and then crouching down on the court while still crying about the no call?

Fuck no. MJ got hammered so often, and he just picked himself up and kept on playing. Same with Kobe. Sorry, but both MJ and Kobe were mentally tougher than LeBron.

And LeBron couldn't win in Cleveland, jumped to a super team in Miami so he could win. He went back to Cleveland with Kyrie and Kevin Love when he knew he could win.

And as soon as he couldn't win, he skipped town to join the Lakers with Ingram, McGee, and KCP.

And if he didn't think he could win there, he would be playing somewhere else.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:31 PM 05-01-2023
Did you ever see MJ or Kobe run around the court for 5 minutes showing the refs the forearm he was fouled on, and then crouching down on the court while still crying about the no call?

Fuck no. MJ got hammered so often, and he just picked himself up and kept on playing. Same with Kobe. Sorry, but both MJ and Kobe were mentally tougher than LeBron.

And LeBron couldn't win in Cleveland, jumped to a super team in Miami so he could win. He went back to Cleveland with Kyrie and Kevin Love when he knew he could win.

And as soon as he couldn't win, he skipped town to join the Lakers with Ingram, McGee, and KCP.

And if he didn't think he could win there, he would be playing somewhere else.
Do you remember much about Kobe between Shaq and Pau by chance?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:33 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Do you remember much about Kobe between Shaq and Pau by chance?
Or post Shaq and pre Gasol where he demanded a trade from the Lakers to a contender after a couple years of .500 ball. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:35 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Or post Shaq and pre Gasol where he demanded a trade from the Lakers to a contender after a couple years of .500 ball. :-)
That’s what I meant
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:37 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That’s what I meant
Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to the post Gasol period where they became one of the worst teams in the league but that makes more sense.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:39 PM 05-01-2023
And speaking of crying about getting hammered on the floor:

Originally Posted by :
“Every time you were hitting him he was crying” Zeke said while mimicking MJ’s whining. “He was going to David Stern’s office, going to the commissioners office, having a meeting about getting hit, getting fouled, like ‘You gotta change the rules’," he continued.
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/ol...ange-the-rules

The NBA literally instituted the flagrant foul rule to protect MJ from the Pistons after he complained.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:41 PM 05-01-2023
Suns are wasting a challenge here for some reason.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:41 PM 05-01-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to the post Gasol period where they became one of the worst teams in the league but that makes more sense.
That was bad too.

I get thinking that LeBron leaving teams is a strike against him, but Kobe is NOT the guy to favor in that comparison.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:46 PM 05-01-2023
As much as the Lakers knocking off the Warriors is necessary, I think I'd kind of love seeing Jokic against Draymond Green. Jokic is one of the few guys in this league left who wouldn't back down against Draymond's bullshit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:49 PM 05-01-2023
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...1999-00-season

Originally Posted by :
Kobe was only averaging about 19 points per game. So Kobe called Jerry West and wanted to know how Jerry and Elgin Baylor both averaged 30 points. Kobe also said that he wanted to be traded. Of course, Jerry told me about the conversation. And, for a few minutes I thought about taking the Pistons up on an offer they made to trade Kobe for Grant Hill. Make that a few seconds.
Kobe also apparently asked for a trade prior to the Lakers winning the Shaq titles too.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:22 PM 05-01-2023
Not a good sign for the Suns that the Nuggets won a game where Jamal Murray went 0 for 9 from three.
[Reply]
Page 151 of 378
« First < 51101141147148149150151 152153154155161201251 > Last »
Up