Page 88 of 98
« First < 38788485868788 89909192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL STOCK CHALLENGE & DISCUSSION THREAD****
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 AM 03-24-2022
Stock Discussion
[Reply]
EPodolak 08:31 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, I've contemplated laddering some CDs, but to date, I haven't seen anything that is outperforming the vanguard money market fund Twisted talked about a few months ago.
I invest through Vanguard and didn't realize I could add CDs to my IRA through them. There were options there a bit above the going MMF rate.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08:51 PM 04-18-2023
Market sucks buy 3 and 6 month t-bills and build an income stream. When the market tanks to 26,000 or so buy the best companies after cashing out t-bills.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:07 PM 04-18-2023
Yeah, I've contemplated laddering some CDs, but to date, I haven't seen anything that is outperforming the vanguard money market fund Twisted talked about a few months ago.
I've got a Fidelity money market where I'm just holding cash like that, and it's pretty good. I think it's about 4.4 or 4.5%. But the problem is that it'll go down really fast as interest rates go down. Locking in the CDs keeps me at that rate for a while on the bet that interest rates will go down.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:50 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've got a Fidelity money market where I'm just holding cash like that, and it's pretty good. I think it's about 4.4 or 4.5%. But the problem is that it'll go down really fast as interest rates go down. Locking in the CDs keeps me at that rate for a while on the bet that interest rates will go down.
Agreed. Not dumb.

I guess my point is, these interest rates FEEL high, but the last 20 years have been kind of an anomaly. Now that is a hell of a long anomaly, but there is certain risk that 4% is the floor, because it kind of has been, historically.

My mom was cleaning out some shit, and had some of my old tax returns and shit. So I pulled out the 1040s and shredded the rest. In doing so I just happened to look at a statement from 1995 that said I was earning 5% on savings. In podunk nowhereville National Bank as a complete fucking moron kid. When I shredded that stuff, I was longing for the days I could get that.

I got this chart from an email so I can't verify the source, but it makes sense.

[Reply]
scho63 09:23 AM 04-19-2023
I'm still waiting to see the photo of Dartgod holding the bottle of Bourbon from Lewdog for winning this contest.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:54 AM 04-19-2023
I've been buying TSLY 72% Dividend pays monthly and OARK 59% Dividend pays monthly also. Every time I make a some profit on a trade it goes there

I got my first divi payment the other day. Unbelievable!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:58 PM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've been buying TSLY 72% Dividend pays monthly and OARK 59% Dividend pays monthly also. Every time I make a some profit on a trade it goes there

So are they buying puts on Tesla and ARKK or what?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:16 PM 04-19-2023

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:14 PM 04-19-2023
So are they buying puts on Tesla and ARKK or what?
Puts/calls both. Wait it says just calls after reading again. I remember last month it said they buy both. And the yields fluctuate monthly

https://www.yieldmaxetfs.com/

I see they just launched one for Appl
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:52 PM 04-19-2023
Puts/calls both. Wait it says just calls after reading again. I remember last month it said they buy both. And the yields fluctuate monthly

https://www.yieldmaxetfs.com/

I see they just launched one for Appl
Interesting. The prospectus said it is a synthetic covered call strategy. They are buying calls and selling puts.

Originally Posted by :
Synthetic Long Exposure
To achieve a synthetic long exposure to ARKK, the Fund will buy ARKK call options and, simultaneously, sell ARKK put
options to try to replicate the price movements of ARKK. The call options purchased by the Fund and the put options sold by
the Fund will generally have six-month to one-year terms and strike prices that are approximately equal to the then-current
share price of ARKK at the time the contracts are purchased and sold, respectively. The combination of the long call options
and sold put options provides the Fund with investment exposure equal to approximately 100% of ARKK for the duration of
the applicable options exposure.
and also doing covered calls.

Spoiler!

I'm a rube when it comes to option strategies (that aren't tied to the bushels I grow), but I think it should work pretty well until it gets into violent moves. If it moves hard, I'd look to get out.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:41 PM 04-19-2023
Interesting. The prospectus said it is a synthetic covered call strategy. They are buying calls and selling puts.

and also doing covered calls.

Spoiler!

I'm a rube when it comes to option strategies (that aren't tied to the bushels I grow), but I think it should work pretty well until it gets into violent moves. If it moves hard, I'd look to get out.
I think their dividend will fluctuate wildly every month depending on their success over the last 30 days. But you can see their payment history although short it's massive
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:46 PM 04-19-2023
I think their dividend will fluctuate wildly every month depending on their success over the last 30 days. But you can see their payment history although short it's massive
Yeah dude. They’re killing it. I might toss a few dollars that direction.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:38 PM 04-20-2023
UCAR has been a beast today
[Reply]
lewdog 07:21 AM 04-29-2023
Still not a great trading market, although if you're trading in this I think it's been ok for day traders. That's not my specialty as my trading patterns mostly focus on swing trades.

I know there's a few day traders here and some that do it full time. Care to share your markers and strategies?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:10 AM 04-29-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Still not a great trading market, although if you're trading in this I think it's been ok for day traders. That's not my specialty as my trading patterns mostly focus on swing trades.

I know there's a few day traders here and some that do it full time. Care to share your markers and strategies?
I've pretty much just resorted to momentum trading, yesterday TOP and HUDI were good examples. I'm looking for volume and use several different platforms for leads.

Swing trading has been tough. If you see ANYTHING that resembles profit you have to snatch it fast.

A year ago I was consistently nailing the dead cat bounce plays day after day by finding premarket losers and buying and setting a 10% sell limit order and then all of the sudden it just quit. Like a switch was flipped.

The sad fact today is the MM's and hedgefunds control everything and know how to take unfair advantage. They use computers with preprogrammed algorithyms to beat the system.

Day after Day I'll set 3 charts up side by side by side and watch three unrelated tickers move in the exact same pattern to the minute. It's really infuriating.

And when did short selling become such a thing ?? I don't even remember hearing the term 10-15 years ago but now it's the most profitable way to make money by driving businesses into the ground. It should be illegal.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 98
« First < 38788485868788 89909192 > Last »
Up