ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 192
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 06:36 PM 04-25-2021
I think it depends on his mysterious gut disease
[Reply]
GoForIt 06:50 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Well, I guess there's some tension here.

Obviously a horrific OL doesn't work. Evidence: Super Bowl.

But given that Mahomes has the ability to improvise and make accurate throws all over the field when outside the pocket, is it preferable to have an average OL with a better weapon at WR and a couple better players on defense? Or is it better to have the world's best OL to protect him while skimping on that other WR and being a bit thinner on defense?

I don't think comparing the situation to Brady is remotely relevant. They're different QBs and need different things.

The Chiefs weren't far away from winning 3 SBs in a row had their average-ish OL held up.
I agree with this. Mahomes only needs an average Oline given how elusive he is. Money/picks would have been better spent on defense. The SB loss was not just about the OLine, the Chiefs defense was shredded. Had Tampa not decided to run the clock out the entire fourth quarter, they could have put up 40+ easily.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:55 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I think Frank is gonna have a better year than last year. Gonna be harder to block the DL we have now. Still ready to get him off the books next year though.
I expect a Dee Ford type contract year out of Clark. I know it isn’t a typical contract year, but the writing is on the wall that he could be released after this season.

I’m expecting 10-12 sacks and more consistent overall play.

I just have a feeling the “release Clark” strategy won’t be such an obvious decision.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:02 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
I agree with this. Mahomes only needs an average Oline given how elusive he is. Money/picks would have been better spent on defense. The SB loss was not just about the OLine, the Chiefs defense was shredded. Had Tampa not decided to run the clock out the entire fourth quarter, they could have put up 40+ easily.
You're shit stinks also, go blow your fanboy Tommy, that's if he's not tongueing one of his or your kids.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:10 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Is there a price too high to pay for protecting your franchise QB? Yes or no?

Can you pay too much such that you eventually cripple the team surrounding the LT and the QB?

Yes or no?
If you own a Lamborghini do you sufficiently protect it ?

Yes or no ?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:13 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Giving Patrick the confidence knowing he has 1.5-2 more seconds to go through his progressions before having to improvise should prove to be very beneficial. Giving him 3 more seconds to improvise deadly. Add that to a potential benefit the new OL give the running game. Look out.
EXACTLY !!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:20 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I can't wait to see him take three crow hops and launch one 85
It will only take him 1 crow hop.:-)
[Reply]
Tribesman 07:23 PM 04-25-2021
Hopefully this new Oline doesn't take long to gel.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:26 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Tribesman:
Hopefully this new Oline doesn't take long to gel.
We can only hope but it does take time.:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:38 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is false.

The poster in question is a Bucs fan posting horseshit and should be banned.
He's a Pats troll, and won't be returning to this thread.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:52 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Oh, I didn't realize he was a Pats troll because they look the same as the Bucs trolls.

My bad.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:54 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
If you own a Lamborghini do you sufficiently protect it ?

Yes or no ?
There is absolutely NO reason for the Chiefs (or any team for that matter) to overpay for an offensive lineman, whether that's through the draft, trades or free agency.

The Chiefs won the 2019 Super Bowl without Eric Fisher for 8 games and with other backups on the offensive line throughout the season. Giving up the kind of picks that the Texans did for Tunsil not only set them back for at least 3 years but nearly destroyed their entire franchise, which resulted in firing everyone involved.

And I know plenty of people who park their Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in their driveway, so that's yet another really, really bad analogy.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:55 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Look at Bugs with all this power

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:17 PM 04-25-2021
There is absolutely NO reason for the Chiefs (or any team for that matter) to overpay for an offensive lineman, whether that's through the draft, trades or free agency.

The Chiefs won the 2019 Super Bowl without Eric Fisher for 8 games and with other backups on the offensive line throughout the season. Giving up the kind of picks that the Texans did for Tunsil not only set them back for at least 3 years but nearly destroyed their entire franchise, which resulted in firing everyone involved.

And I know plenty of people who park their Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in their driveway, so that's yet another really, really bad analogy.
Curious if you believe there's any position worth "overpaying" for.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:22 PM 04-25-2021
Oh, I didn't realize he was a Pats troll because they look the same as the Bucs trolls.

My bad.
It's not like there's a difference anymore.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 192
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up