ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 192
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Basileus777 12:58 PM 12-10-2021
Shields, Waters, and obviously Roaf were all significantly better than any players on this current line.

The horrors that line would unleash against teams playing constant light boxes and 2 deep safeties would be something to behold.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:00 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Shields, Waters, and obviously Roaf were all significantly better than any players on this current line.
I don’t think Thuney is better than those guys, but he’s phenomenal.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:18 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The 2004 - 2005 IOL was a monster. Waters had peaked into a true All-Pro player, Shields was still at his best and Weigman was criminally underrated and a very, very good player.

If you wanted to go 'strength for strength' rather than position by position you'd have, in rank order (IMO):

Shields > Humphrey
Waters > Thuney
Weigmann > Smith

If you tried to find any direct comp, it would be Weigmann and Thuney - they're EXTREMELY similar players. Both slightly undersized for the positions but surprisingly powerful due to their technique and ability to work angles. They were technicians and damn effective ones.

Waters was the sort of aggresssive mauler that we hope Smith becomes someday but he ain't that yet.

And Shields is an all-time great.

Nah - the '04 IOL beats this one, IMO. And not by a small amount. That was a ridiculous line.
Thuney is better than Waters
[Reply]
Cheater5 02:03 PM 12-10-2021

Our current OL has some great pieces and are trending in the right direction. But recency bias is clouding some folks' judgement; they are not yet anywhere near the guys in this picture. We've just had mediocrity at best, to complete dogshit at worst for so long that consistently good play is from the entire unit is an anomaly.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:03 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The 2004 - 2005 IOL was a monster. Waters had peaked into a true All-Pro player, Shields was still at his best and Weigman was criminally underrated and a very, very good player.

If you wanted to go 'strength for strength' rather than position by position you'd have, in rank order (IMO):

Shields > Humphrey
Waters > Thuney
Weigmann > Smith

If you tried to find any direct comp, it would be Weigmann and Thuney - they're EXTREMELY similar players. Both slightly undersized for the positions but surprisingly powerful due to their technique and ability to work angles. They were technicians and damn effective ones.

Waters was the sort of aggresssive mauler that we hope Smith becomes someday but he ain't that yet.

And Shields is an all-time great.

Nah - the '04 IOL beats this one, IMO. And not by a small amount. That was a ridiculous line.
I don't disagree across the board, but i feel you might be viewing Weigmann's abilities through a rose-colored nostalgic lens. He was similarly a technician, but he was SO undersized that he often got NO movement at the point of attack. On 4th and 1, you couldn't count on him to not get pushed into the backfield.

He was great at pulling (which is kinda crazy for a center), always used angles and technique, and most likely made good calls, but he was a weak link on that line.

Shields is one of the best ever and I loved Waters, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if these three end up better in fairly short order. The biggest difference, IMO, was Roaf on the outside and perhaps Tait. Crazy good all the way across.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:33 PM 12-10-2021
If Carl hadn't pissed off Tait so much during rookie negotiations maybe we could have held that line together for a few more years.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:03 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If Carl hadn't pissed off Tait so much during rookie negotiations maybe we could have held that line together for a few more years.
STFD & S T F U
[Reply]
Hoover 04:08 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:

Our current OL has some great pieces and are trending in the right direction. But recency bias is clouding some folks' judgement; they are not yet anywhere near the guys in this picture. We've just had mediocrity at best, to complete dogshit at worst for so long that consistently good play is from the entire unit is an anomaly.
I agree with this. Shields and Waters at guard. Tait at RT, and Willie.

Weigmann was the weakest link.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:13 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Ha. Foot shuffling porter still rings a bell.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:15 PM 12-10-2021
You knew what was coming against the 02-05 Chiefs and you still couldn't stop it.

This line isn't there yet.

HOWEVER...seeing us line up with two tight ends and a fullback on third and one this year, and basically telling the opponent to fuck off, means they are getting there.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:03 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I agree with this. Shields and Waters at guard. Tait at RT, and Willie.

Weigmann was the weakest link.
Holy shit you could have bet me money Shields was left guard next to Willie, and Waters was on the right. But I looked it up and I guess not. Getting old suuuuuucks.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:13 PM 12-10-2021
Ya know, Jason Dunn was like a damn sixth O-Lineman in that offense. We used him A LOT! Possibly the best blocking team ever.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:34 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Ya know, Jason Dunn was like a damn sixth O-Lineman in that offense. We used him A LOT! Possibly the best blocking team ever.
Don’t forget about t-rich at fullback.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:43 PM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Don’t forget about t-rich at fullback.
What an amazing set of blockers.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 AM 12-11-2021

From @gmfb Weekend on #Chiefs LT Orlando Brown Jr. coming on strong as the season has progressed. pic.twitter.com/jGJeFp2bzB

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) December 11, 2021

[Reply]
Page 160 of 192
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Up