ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 192
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:49 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Are these the same butt****ing morons who place limiting almost INTs above everything else when evaluating QBs?
So they probably have almost missed blocks that could have put their QB's out for the season.. got it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:50 PM 04-26-2021
Oh yeah that's when they ranked Pat like the 7th best QB based on almost picks.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:51 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yet another blunder for the team who’s been to back to back Superbowls.
And hosted three consecutive AFC championship games......
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:54 PM 04-26-2021
I still love Eric Fisher and wish him the best but even without the injury this is an upgrade over a healthy Eric Fisher.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:54 PM 04-26-2021
In all seriousness they listed OBJ so low because they feel that Lamar Jackson was a integral part of it because he's so elusive.

Two things: Pat is elusive as well.

OBJ is 24 and going to get better
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I was not a proponent of trading for Brown. But I also didn’t think that they would get him for the deal that they did. Plus I’m an idiot and forgot about his days of playing LT at Oklahoma.
You know, everyone in the Draft Forum dismissed the idea when I brought it up on January 30th so I didn't push the conversation any further.

That said, I clearly remember his father Zeus, not only from his playing days in Baltimore but after the whole Jeff Triplette fiasco in which Triplette should have been fired and banned for life for intentionally throwing a flag at Brown's facemask, which caused Zeus to miss three entire seasons due to temporary blindness.

I also saw OBJ at Oklahoma quite a bit and clearly remember him playing well while blocking for Baker Mayfield. I was shocked to see him slip all the way to the third round, which of course was excellent value for Baltimore (I mean seriously, when does Baltimore NOT draft for excellent value?).

I'm just really happy that this deal was made and that the Chief won't need to worry about the left side of their offensive line for at least the next three seasons. It takes so much pressure of the front office and scouts to find the next great left tackle and the compensation was more than fair for both sides.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:56 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
In all seriousness they listed OBJ so low because they feel that Lamar Jackson was a integral part of it because he's so elusive.

Two things: Pat is elusive as well.

OBJ is 24 and going to get better
So lots of video evidence of OB whiffing and Lamar having to improvise? Or just some made up bs?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:56 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
How does PFF rate him as 25th best? Trying to the see the logic here. He gave up zero sacks as a LT and is considered a better run blocker than pass blocker so what gives?
Because they don't know what they're talking about.

Honestly, offensive line is the hardest position to grade. And you really can't do it correctly unless you KNOW exactly what a guy's assignment was on each play.

A bunch of dudes who are good at churning data in spreadsheets can't figure that out. Just being a data analyst doesn't mean you're going to understand what a guy was suppposed to do.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:00 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
How does PFF rate him as 25th best? Trying to the see the logic here. He gave up zero sacks as a LT and is considered a better run blocker than pass blocker so what gives?
Because PFF, which I've railed on a million times in this forum, is an "Opinion-Based Grading System" that hires absolutely anyone that wants to "grade" for their website.

They don't require a college degree in analytics or statistics and they don't require any of their "employees", who are more akin to people living in their parents' basements than actual employees, previous football experience of any kind, whether as a high school, college, semi-pro or professional intern, coach or player.

In short, it's just like every other dopey website on the internet but for some reason, the dopiest people use them as their main resource when trying to "make a point".
[Reply]
tredadda 01:09 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Pure awesomeness.

Although that quote may not endear him to the current group of back-up O-Linemen in the room with him.

Oh well, fuck it. It is what is it. They performed poorly. They deserve to be called out for it.
If they have issues with it then they need to look in the mirror and not at Brown Jr. His comment was not a slight on them and they should be embarrassed by how poorly they played in the SB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Because they don't know what they're talking about.

Honestly, offensive line is the hardest position to grade. And you really can't do it correctly unless you KNOW exactly what a guy's assignment was on each play.

A bunch of dudes who are good at churning data in spreadsheets can't figure that out. Just being a data analyst doesn't mean you're going to understand what a guy was suppposed to do.
I said this a week ago or so - if anything, blocking for a guy like Lamar would make the position MUCH harder and doing it well should be an indication that an offensive linemen is pretty freaking good at his job.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:16 PM 04-26-2021
:-)

Orlando Brown film review is here. I charted four games against different types of pass rushers to try and figure out what the Chiefs have in their new left tackle.

I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did watching Brown's 90-foot arms go to workhttps://t.co/IeF79UKOvD pic.twitter.com/BN0rqxmyQY

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:18 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because PFF, which I've railed on a million times in this forum, is an "Opinion-Based Grading System" that hires absolutely anyone that wants to "grade" for their website.

They don't require a college degree in analytics or statistics and they don't require any of their "employees", who are more akin to people living in their parents' basements than actual employees, previous football experience of any kind, whether as a high school, college, semi-pro or professional intern, coach or player.

In short, it's just like every other dopey website on the internet but for some reason, the dopiest people use them as their main resource when trying to "make a point".
Their system is pretty.

If I was a stakeholder, my focus now would be on using the capital investment I'm getting to drastically increase the quality of the analyst I'm hiring.

I'd be hiring retired scouts/coaches and paying them good money to set our standards and also train my less experienced guys. Find dudes who don't want to do the grind anymore and pay them big money to work 20 hours a week.

But what they'll probably do is continue hiring anyone who can use pivot tables who likes football and can talk the talk, while profiting as much as possible.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:21 PM 04-26-2021
It literally sounds like they're making a quantity over quality argument alone. Oh, the Chiefs gave up an additional 3rd and 4th rounder?!? Don't they know that EACH of those players could have been half as good as OBJ for less cost?!? I mean, who does that?!?!!1
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:53 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Lol he just holds him back with one arm
[Reply]
Page 80 of 192
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up