ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 192
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Wallymo 03:21 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And clearly, you're wrong.

If the Ravens didn't trade Brown for a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks, they'd be stuck with a disgruntled player who refused to play anywhere other than left tackle.
So because the Ravens bungled their relationship with their own "good to great left tackle" the Chiefs didn't kill them on trade value? The NFL is not a subjective business. The equivalent of the 45th pick for a 24-year old at a premium position is larceny.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:22 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not a great trade for them because of how late we pick and also being competition.

Pretty sure they got caught with their dick's out and took what they could get.
How many teams were looking for a starting left tackle at this point in the offseason? Two? Three?

There was absolutely no way the Ravens were trading Brown to Cincy because they're in the same division.

The Seahawks have a total of 3 picks in the upcoming draft, so they're out.

I just don't think there was much demand for Brown.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:22 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah it a bit worrisome that they moved him to the right. I trust Veach though he has fixed LG Center and now LT. Strengthened RG so LDT better be getting in football shape. It is very possible they will continue to work with Niag at LT them make a decision on whether to extend Brown or convince him he is a RT.
The moved him to the right because they had Stanley and they wanted to get both of them on the field. Like Mitchell Schwartz said on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, there's not that much difference anymore between right and left tackle. Plus, Brown started like 10 games in place of Stanley Last year and was really damn good.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:22 PM 04-23-2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:22 PM 04-23-2021
HAHAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Brett Veach has defeated Madden trade AI pic.twitter.com/30InBS05qW

— Joe Delaney Memorial Highway Project (@ClayWendler) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:23 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
So because the Ravens bungled their relationship with their own "good to great left tackle" the Chiefs didn't kill them on trade value?
They have Ronnie Staley at left tackle, leaving the Ravens no option but to trade Brown.

Originally Posted by Wallymo:
The NFL is not a subjective business. The equivalent of the 45th pick for a 24-year old at a premium position is larceny.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
How many teams were looking for a starting left tackle at this point in the offseason? Two? Three?

There was absolutely no way the Ravens were trading Brown to Cincy because they're in the same division.

The Seahawks have a total of 3 picks in the upcoming draft, so they're out.

I just don't think there was much demand for Brown.
Indy and Pittsburgh both need tackles but Indy, like KC, is a potential playoff contender and the Steelers are in their division.

They really didn't have a lot of choices unless the Vikings were serious about him and it appears they weren't.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:24 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Damn this looks soooo good after the OL SB fail......

That's an elite OL if Niang is as good as the Chiefs (and I) think he is.

They're for sure better at 2 spots from the 2020 season (LT and LG), the same at C, probably better at RG, and have a potential for a huge upgrade at RT.

Mahomes + top 5 OL + Kelce + Hill seems... unfair.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:24 PM 04-23-2021

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:24 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Damn this looks soooo good after the OL SB fail......

Don't forget about Rankin as well. I think they made depth a big priority.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:25 PM 04-23-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:26 PM 04-23-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:26 PM 04-23-2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:26 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Indy and Pittsburgh both need tackles but Indy, like KC, is a potential playoff contender and the Steelers are in their division.

They really didn't have a lot of choices unless the Vikings were serious about him and it appears they weren't.
Exactly. This is why even though I wasn’t sure if the Chiefs wanted Brown, I never thought the Ravens had the option of saying no if it was the best offer they could get
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:26 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Man, I'm really glad Chris Ballard is such a risk-averse wimp.

Remember when people thought it was a big deal the Chiefs lost him to Indy? He's done well there but looks like he lacks the will to go for the big move.

He could have absolutely out-worked the Chiefs for Brown. Instead, he's going to keep his picks, try to draft "value," and rely on moving Braden Smith to LT.

Good luck!
[Reply]
Page 30 of 192
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up