ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 192
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:59 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kareem was a good player here. I think the nostalgia is a bit higher than reality. He wasn't always grinding out 5 ypc.

All you have to do is watch the game to see the difference between Kareem Hunt & CEH.

Night & Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 01:59 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He’s no Kareem Hunt that’s for damn sure.

Wow you need to let it go already. He's not coming back
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:01 PM 09-13-2021
Kareem was a good player here. I think the nostalgia is a bit higher than reality. He wasn't always grinding out 5 ypc.
I'm tired of hearing about his ass, too many people here are still swinging off his nuts... he's a Brown now and the Chiefs have moved on, get over it
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:03 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That’s disingenuous.

We got a second round pick back in that trade. The total trade compensation was the equivalent of a late second round pick. Who should we have drafted at 31 instead? And oh yeah, go ahead and drop Bolton or Humphrey too.

Also, if this is a typical outing for him then he won’t get that type of contract.

Given the circumstances, he was probably the best available option. LT’s aren’t available often.
This - Brown for that price was by far a better option than any of the LT's left in the draft.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:04 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Wow you need to let it go already. He's not coming back

I know I know…I just watch him run with such violent intent & I keep imagining him back with the Chiefs.

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:15 PM 09-13-2021
Because teams started stacking the box on him after leading the league in rushing his rookie year. He was a weapon teams had to contend with, just like Hill and Kelce.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:17 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Going against a top three defensive end in the league, if not THE best defensive end. I think I'll grade him on the appropriate curve after that game.
This is me, we can tinker with his approach some, it was his 1st outing of the year. It wasn't horrible as some here say, but I do have some concerns, they will get it right, I hope.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:17 PM 09-13-2021
I actually thought he played....fine? I mean he wasn't great, wasn't bad.

Solid maybe the correct term?
He got beat like 4 or 5 times around the corner. Fortunately Mahomes started noticing and drifting right to buy more time
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 02:24 PM 09-13-2021
Folks you know it take six weeks at least for a oline to jell So calm yourselves we be ok.
[Reply]
tatorhog 03:50 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He got beat like 4 or 5 times around the corner. Fortunately Mahomes started noticing and drifting right to buy more time
There were a few times when Mahomes opted to not step up in the pocket as well. But after running for his life most of last year, some of that is kind of hard to break I imagine.

All in all, against a really good team, with 5 brand new starters on the line? I thought overall they did well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:17 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
There were a few times when Mahomes opted to not step up in the pocket as well. But after running for his life most of last year, some of that is kind of hard to break I imagine.

All in all, against a really good team, with 5 brand new starters on the line? I thought overall they did well.
Kind of how I looked at it. They, including Brown, weren't great, and they sometimes looked bad, but overall they played well enough. And they were a damned sight better than the OL we fielded in the SB. I think it might take until week 8-10, but eventually they will be a dominant OL, certainly a top-10 should be expected, which will be more than enough to win another SB.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:50 PM 09-13-2021
Excuses for Brown's performance:

1. It's game 1, relax.

It sure is, and it looked really fucking bad for him. The only thing to hang your hat on here is that games 2-17 don't look the same. It's the only thing that keeps me from thinking it was a big mistake. He's got time to get better. He has to get better. I HOPE he gets better because I'm not about to give up on the big fella just because I'm shitting on him for one game.

2. It was Myles Garrett, he's amazing!

Garrett is a special player, no doubt. That said, Brown faces TJ Watt, Von Miller/Bradley Chubb (x2), Justin Houston/Jayson Oweh (next week), Nick Bosa (x2), Brandon Graham, Bud Dupree, Chase Young, Preston Smith, and Max Crosby. There isn't a player on that list that isn't capable of an 8-10 sack year. Most of that list has had a 10 sack season before, or multiple. If you don't think Brown will be in for a rough ride against that slate with the way he played week 1, then we're on different pages gents.

3. The OL wasn't that bad.

As a unit, the OL was fairly solid. I'm not talking about the entire OL. I'm talking about the giant shit stain of a performance from Orlando Brown. Niang had his lumps too but not nearly as bad as Brown.

4. He only gave up 1 sack and 5 pressures.

Only? He's fucking lucky Mahomes bailed out of about 10 others. He's lucky a good portion of the remainder of the OL did it's job on some of those other snaps. That is not a good performance from your LT, no matter what. The speed rush routinely torched Brown. If Garrett wasn't running out of gas on some long, dink-and-dunk drives in the 2nd half, there's not doubt it would have been worse.

5. He's young! Eric Fisher was bad early on!

Sure, but he's also NOT a rookie. Frankly, the continual lumping him in with the rookies because he is young has become annoying at best. Also, there's zero comparison to Fisher. Fisher got beat by the bull rush alot as a rookie on the wrong side of the line. When he went to his natural position and added bulk, he got alot better and continually refined into the upper echelon of tackles in the NFL. This fanbase bags Fisher, but Fisher was ten times the LT Brown showed out to be yesterday. I can't honestly remember Fisher ever looking that bad in year 3 of his career.

6. We scored 33 points and won, so what?

Kind of sad that a player can't be criticized for a shit performance without the same old people claiming it couldn't have been that bad because we won. This team should not have won that game. It really took an amazing comeback, against most odds and with a couple lucky plays, to get that win. If you think Cleveland didn't absolutely beat our ass for 90% of that game, we watched a different game. I never gave up hope, the Chiefs have an incredible overall team. That said, there were players that were pretty bad. Orlando Brown was one of those. CEH was one. The defense was littered with them, especially Ward and anyone on the DLine not named Chris Jones.

So my real question to many in this thread is, why can't you call a spade a spade?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:53 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by :
This fanbase bags Fisher, but Fisher was ten times the LT Brown showed out to be yesterday. I can't honestly remember Fisher ever looking that bad in year 3 of his career.
Umm Fisher regularly got his shit pushed in worse than that when he went up against a guy with power like Bosa and Harrison.

You just not have a very good memory if you honestly believe that.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:55 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Umm Fisher regularly got his shit pushed in worse than that when he went up against a guy with power like Bosa and Harrison.

You just not have a very good memory if you honestly believe that.
Much like you're absolutely horrendous take on Brown's performance yesterday?

And good "edit" after you called it a "dumb take" in your original. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 07:58 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Much like you're absolutely horrendous take on Brown's performance yesterday?

And good "edit" after you called it a "dumb take" in your original. :-)
My “horrendous” take? What exactly did I say? Did I say Brown had a good game? Did I say it was what I wanted to see? All I did was give perspective. I didn’t call his performance something it wasn’t.

Also, I changed it from “dumb” to “bad” to give you the benefit of the doubt because you could just have a bad memory.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 192
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178 > Last »
Up