ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 51
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Sure-Oz 11:43 AM 03-05-2020
@HBO: Look for the light.

@clmazin and @Neil_Druckmann to develop the series adaptation of #TheLastOfUs, coming soon to HBO: http://itsh.bo/thelastofus https://twitter.com/HBO/status/12356...572032/video/1

The Last of Us' Series in the Works at HBO From 'Chernobyl' Creator Craig Mazin, Neil Druckmann (Exclusive)

MARCH 05, 2020 9:30AMby*Borys Kit, Patrick Shanley

Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series*Chernobyl,*is reteaming with HBO adapt*The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.
In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions and it will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Originally launched in 2013, Sony and Naughty Dog’s*The Last of Us*garnered critical praise for its engrossing tale of the post-apocalypse centered on the relationship between Joel, a smuggler in this new world, and Ellie, a teenager who may be a key to a cure for the deadly pandemic.
Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle the14-year-old girl out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal, heartbreaking journey, as they both must traverse across the U.S. and depend on each other for survival. The HBO series will cover the events of the original game, which was written by Druckmann, with the possibility of additional content based on the forthcoming game sequel,*The Last of Us Part II, which will release on May 29, 2020.
Mazin, who is said to be an avid player of the game, stated, “Neil Druckmann is without question the finest storyteller working in the video game medium, and*The Last of Us*is his magnum opus. Getting a chance to adapt this breathtaking work of art has been a dream of mine for years, and I’m so honored to do it in partnership with Neil.”
“From the first time I sat down to talk with Craig I was equally blown away by his approach to narrative and his love and deep understanding of*The Last of Us,” said Druckmann in a statement. “With*Chernobyl, Craig and HBO created a tense, harrowing, emotional masterpiece. I couldn’t think of better partners to bring the story of*The Last of Us*to life as a television show.”
Last of Us*won numerous “game of the year” awards and went on to sell more than 17 million copies across both its original release on the PlayStation 3 and a remastered version on the PlayStation 4.
“This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for us to partner with Craig, Neil, Carolyn and the teams at Sony, Naughty Dog and PlayStation to bring the virtual world of this acclaimed game to life,” stated HBO programming president Casey Bloys.
“This is the first of many shows we intend to develop with our friends at PlayStation Productions,” said Chris Parnell, co-president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.*The Last of Us*is a brilliant achievement in storytelling and character development, and we are lucky to have the opportunity to work with this team to adapt it.”
Druckmann is a longtime vet of Naughty Dog, starting as a programming intern in 2004. In 2007, he was given the role of game designer on*Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, the first installment in the action adventure series. In 2013, he created*The Last of Us, based on a concept he developed as a student at Carnegie Mellon University.
Mazin’s*Chernobyl*tackled a bleak and complex true-life event and became a must-see show for HBO. The show won an Emmy for outstanding limited series and landed one for Mazin for outstanding writing. Mazin also won a PGA and a WGA Award.

Holy shit this is gonna be awesome.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:57 AM 02-11-2023
That whole street section was incredibly well done, from the sniper and on. Much more intense than the game equivalent when the infected get involved
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 AM 02-11-2023
Such a great fucking episode.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:37 AM 02-11-2023
Never played the game, but this show has been quite good (particularly E3 and tonight's E5). There are some major parallels in the narrative with one of my favorite movies, Children of Men. It's sort of a mix of that with TWD.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:32 AM 02-11-2023
E3 was beautiful television... dare i say i even shed a tear

E4 was a pretty harsh fall back to reality. found i honestly struggled to finish it

hoping E5 lives up to the hype you guys are giving it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:20 AM 02-11-2023
I’ll say those jamokes were a lot braver than I am. I 100% would have gotten in one of those trucks and hauled ass out of there after they all poured out of that hole.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’ll say those jamokes were a lot braver than I am. I 100% would have gotten in one of those trucks and hauled ass out of there after they all poured out of that hole.
So KC is fucked right? Because all of those infected are just going to run back there.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:30 PM 02-11-2023
That episode was phenomenal. Even knowing what was going to happen based on the game, I was still on the edge of my seat.

The fucking bloater was terrifying.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:39 PM 02-11-2023
Nice homage to the game death when a bloater grabs you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:41 PM 02-11-2023
Oh, and for those of you with a PS5, the remake in on sale this week. 25% off. Still pretty pricey for a game unless you haven't played it yet, but it's legit remade from the ground up with improvements to the AI so the gameplay actually changed too.
[Reply]
Pogue 01:51 PM 02-11-2023
Probably the second best episode since the premiere.

Great storytelling and entertainment, sort of a lost art these days in Hollywood. I hope this spawns a new genre of video games turning into shows/movies. There are a lot of great games with great stories.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:53 PM 02-11-2023
Those bloaters look like bad asses.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:56 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Probably the second best episode since the premiere.

Great storytelling and entertainment, sort of a lost art these days in Hollywood. I hope this spawns a new genre of video games turning into shows/movies. There are a lot of great games with great stories.
There already are and have been a ton of them. The problem is dipshit motherfuckers in charge can't just stay faithful to the source material and instead bastardize characters for their own stories that are never even close to the original. Hopefully the success of this show puts that clown shit to rest for good.
[Reply]
Pogue 02:32 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
There already are and have been a ton of them. The problem is dipshit motherfuckers in charge can't just stay faithful to the source material and instead bastardize characters for their own stories that are never even close to the original. Hopefully the success of this show puts that clown shit to rest for good.
That’s why I say it’s a lost art in Hollywood. Video games on any platform have to be fun and entertaining to even be successful.

You look at a game like Sonic, Hollywood didn’t care what Sonic looked like and didn’t even look anything like Sonic. They delayed the release and implemented changes to make it more like Sonic. It’s been a massive hit ever since.

This year, Mario brothers will be in theatres in April and the trailer looks solid and probably do very well. This year it is possible the #1 show and #1 movie are are video game related.

The other thing is, I think people want a fresh story and tired out on the Marvel/DC/Star Wars etc. Disney is in big trouble.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:42 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
See Halo, The Witcher, etc.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 06:30 PM 02-11-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So KC is ****ed right? Because all of those infected are just going to run back there.
Yeah

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 27 of 51
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up