ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Covid killed my career, then I reinvented it!!
Carlota69 09:28 AM 04-07-2021
Hi guys,
I haven’t been on in a long time, but in June I was let go from my gig at KOMP 92.3 in Vegas. I was a line item cut. I made too much money and the station was bleeding money, so Covid tried kill the Radio Star. A 30 year career...

And it almost did.

Until 3 weeks ago. I launched my own radio station.
Kilpop Radio.
It’s not a format
It’s an attitude

We play everything from Metallica, Slipknot, Tool, Korn, NIN, Beastie Boys, new artist like a ring Me the Horizon and Asking Alexandria with nuggets from artists like
The Clash, Sex Pistols, Prodigy and evening some Eminem and Tech Nine.

It’s a music App, free to download and commercial free.

Also 3 weeks ago, the day I launched the app, I suffered from the long haul effects from Covid ( I had in Nov) and almost died from Pnuemonia, Sepsis and a blot clot in my lung.

So Covid tried to kill my career and me as well...
But FUCK YOU RONA!

So if you like music with some teeth to
It, please download my app and listen up.
Support me in telling Rona to
fuck off ??? 😎🤘

I hope everyone is well. This year has been insane!!!

KILPOP RADIO APP is now available in the app stores.

iOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kilpop-radio/id1557479046

ANDROID:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dio.m58ab7438d

Desktop: Kilpop.com
Alexa : enable skill - Kilpop radio
[Reply]
Carlota69 11:20 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by HayWire:
:-) Carlota is back like a bad case of herpes?
Ya know... 😇
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:20 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Carlota69:
That’s a BIG NO

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:21 AM 04-07-2021
There’s a way once I have enough listeners
Payola?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 04-07-2021
Your app works in a browser, I didn't even have to download it. :-)
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:33 AM 04-07-2021
Glad you’re back on your feet, kid! Health wise and professional. Just downloaded the app and listening during the royals game.

Might I interest you in some “weird al”? (:
[Reply]
HayWire 11:37 AM 04-07-2021
So, you're on now. I've got it connected to my surround sound and you can be heard for 2 blocks away.

Can I make a donation if you call bearcat gay on air?
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:41 AM 04-07-2021
And now I’ve heard your voice!!!!! NOICE!!!
[Reply]
Otter 11:46 AM 04-07-2021
This is really kick ass.
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:27 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Payola?
Hahahha no.. but we don’t have to follow those rules 😉
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:28 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by HayWire:
So, you're on now. I've got it connected to my surround sound and you can be heard for 2 blocks away.

Can I make a donation if you call bearcat gay on air?
Ha! I’ll do it for free 🤣
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:28 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
This is really kick ass.
Thank you !🤘🤘
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:36 PM 04-07-2021
KDHX in St. Louis had a show called "Bob's Scratchy Records" where a guy named Bob Reuter played old 45s and 33s he had collected over the years of old R&B and 50's and 60's rock. He passed away a few years ago. There was another good show called "Fishin With Dynamite" with a dude named Fred Friction. Totally eclectic show.

I'm glad you survived your brush with Covid. People who poo-poo it as a hoax piss me off. I've had friends lose family members in the last year. Really glad you're back on your feet. Podcasting and apps are a tough gig. Hang in there.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:36 PM 04-07-2021
The guy on the big rock station in my city was fired back in November. He'd been there for years. Lynn Hernandez from 97.5 KMOD. I assume it was for the same reason as your deal.

The station went to shit anyway. They used to play stuff like Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet, Jimi Hendrix. Stuff like that. A few years ago they had a format change of sorts. They cut out a huge amount of the classic rock and started playing more 90s rock and grunge and stuff.
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:39 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The guy on the big rock station in my city was fired back in November. He'd been there for years. Lynn Hernandez from 97.5 KMOD. I assume it was for the same reason as your deal.

The station went to shit anyway. They used to play stuff like Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet, Jimi Hendrix. Stuff like that. A few years ago they had a format change of sorts. They cut out a huge amount of the classic rock and started playing more 90s rock and grunge and stuff.
A lot of current rock stations had to
Get more current and cut the classic rock out bc it doesn’t work for the younger demos
You have to let your audience grow old thru you not grow old with your audience 😇
[Reply]
Otter 12:46 PM 04-07-2021
Thank you !🤘🤘
This is almost my Pandora list to a tee without "Down with the Sickness".
[Reply]
stevieray 04-07-2021, 12:55 PM
This message has been deleted by stevieray.
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up