ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2446 of 2693
« First < 1446194623462396243624422443244424452446 2447244824492450245624962546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:48 AM 02-27-2023
The NBA equivalent of the Mahomes/Kelce duo:

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:31 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The NBA equivalent of the Mahomes/Kelce duo:

Except Kelce wouldn't ask Mahomes how his ass tastes.

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:38 PM 02-27-2023
No the average person, I agree.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:28 PM 02-27-2023
Sounds nice…

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...175350259.html

Originally Posted by :
Living it up! The 2023 Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs are not done celebrating their big win yet as quarterback Patrick Mahomes and his guys made their way to Las Vegas for a night at XS Nightclub. Patrick, 27, was joined by Travis Kelce, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Skyy Moore, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Jody Fortson, Isiah Pacheco, Melvin Gordon and other teammates on Friday, February 24, for an over-the-top celebration.

The group was greeted with oversized signage and LED screens that read “XS Welcomes 2023 Champs,” a drumline of LED drummers and red and yellow confetti flying in the air. A six-tiered custom football-themed cake was brought out as the team’s unofficial anthem “Red Kingdom” by Tech N9ne played throughout the sold-out venue. The players partied from an exclusive VIP area where they enjoyed bottle service before heading to the DJ booth and joining Grammy Award-winning duo and Wynn Nightlife resident artists, The Chainsmokers.

The “Don’t Let Me Down” artists also performed at the team’s after party immediately following their championship game on February 12. “Kansas City Chiefs are in the house, let’s make some noise,” the music group’s Alex Pall shouted into the microphone. “It was meant to be,” he added as the group of all-stars was seen jumping around on stage, singing and dancing. Travis, 33, took to the mic addressing the crowd of fans saying, “Listen, I know we’re celebrating one thing, but everyone in here is celebrating something. Let’s take this through the roof.”

The tight end later grabbed a 6-liter bottle of Armand de Brignac Ace of Spades Gold Brut and began spraying the crowd with his teammates standing behind him, getting the party extra hyped. The team celebrated until after 3 a.m. before departing the Las Vegas hotspot. Prior to the nightclub festivities, the world champions stopped by celebrity hotspot Delilah, inside Wynn Las Vegas, for a pre-party meal.

They enjoyed the upscale supper club from the intimate setting of the private dining room featuring its own dedicated bar. One week prior to the men’s visit to Wynn Las Vegas, fellow Kansas City Chiefs members including Justin Reid, Tommy Townsend, Melvin Gordon, Josh Williams, Zayne Anderson and Ugo Amadi were spotted in celebration at the hotel on February 18. The group of six dined at the popular restaurant Casa Playa and was later seen partying at XS Nightclub with the globally recognized DJ and Wynn Nightlife resident artist, Marshmello.

[Reply]
Bowser 01:38 PM 02-27-2023
I like that Mahomes brought Melvin Gordon and Ihmir Smith-Marsette along with the group.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:44 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There was a closer several years back named Armando Benitez. If you hit Armando's fastball, his answer was always "fuck you, I'll throw the next one HARDER..."

And it ended up even more straight and centered than the last one.

That's the risk you run with Brett Favre. Get him once and his response will be "Oh yeah, well try to pick THIS" and he'd fire some batshit insane laser into triple coverage that would also get picked. Rinse/repeat.

Favre's problem was that even at his apex, you never knew if he was just going to shit all over the rug. And he wasn't a guy who would self-scout and dial things back. Nor did he have the kind of emotional control you'd like.

He'd get frustrated and as a consequence he'd get stupid. I don't think you can take that over someone like Rodgers who has plenty of spectacular in his game but is capable of being far more measured when he needs to be. This version of him isn't because he's a petulant little twat now. But we're talking peak here and 2011 Aaron Rodgers is as close to Mahomes as anything we've seen. His ability to turn the aggression dial up/down as needed that season really is something you just don't see. 9 yards/attempt, 300+ yards/game and a 45-6 TD/INT ratio? That's just unreal.

Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings were nice players - but let's not act like Rodgers didn't make those guys more than they made him. I'd take Rodgers over Favre in that game 100 times over 100. Because with peak Rodgers there's just zero chance you're ever out of that game.
I get all of that. And can't argue any of it. There's always the risk that Favre will go completely dipstick and lose a game for you, while Rodgers usually won't.

Just a gut feeling on my part. Though if we take a little dip into statistics, Favre was tied 13th all-time in 4th quarter comeback Ws, while Rodgers was just 32nd. And I guess that's what I'm weighing in that one got-to-have-it game. Favre generally would show up for that game and somehow find a way, even if he did something dumb early and probably put the team in that situation.

But Rodgers has a tendency to fold for whatever reason in the biggest game under the brightest lights when he struggles early in that game.

Now, one could argue that lack of weapons and lack of top echelon coaching were just as significant factors in those losses, the biggest being the two NFCCGs recently and the final game of the 2022 season just past. And those are valid arguments, imo. But think it's also fair to say that Rodgers just didn't play up to the moment in any of those games. Not saying he didn't try to win, because I think he really did go to the mattresses in those games, but he definitely didn't play up to his abilities either.

On the other hand, I always felt like Favre was still in every big game at the end, even if he did have a bad first half or whatever.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:07 PM 02-27-2023
reading the SI issue

mahomes has a mansion in Dallas :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I get all of that. And can't argue any of it. There's always the risk that Favre will go completely dipstick and lose a game for you, while Rodgers usually won't.

Just a gut feeling on my part. Though if we take a little dip into statistics, Favre was tied 13th all-time in 4th quarter comeback Ws, while Rodgers was just 32nd. And I guess that's what I'm weighing in that one got-to-have-it game. Favre generally would show up for that game and somehow find a way, even if he did something dumb early and probably put the team in that situation.
I just think there's a little negative recency bias here. Favre wet the bed in big games as well, we just don't recall them because they were longer ago.

As for the 4th quarter comebacks, there's a LOT of Elway in that stat. Favre had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks because he spent the first 3 quarters shooting himself in the dick.

The Favre era Packers were comparable to, if not better than, the Rodgers era packers in terms of surrounding talent, IMO. Doubly so when you talk about coaching.

And Favre had a career 186-112 winning percentage and a .624 win%
Rodgers is at 147-75 for a .662 win%. Quarterback wins aren't a great stat by any means, but I think it's fair to say neither guy had an obviously better environment than the other and if you're going to say one of them led more 4th quarter comebacks, I think it's fair to point out that he won with less regularity as well. Which sure suggests that many of those comebacks were self-inflicted.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:21 PM 02-27-2023
jesus christ his favorite food is cool ranch doritos :-)
[Reply]
Dark Horse 02-27-2023, 02:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Dark Horse.
crispystl 02:23 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You can find an entire video piece on youtube of Favre talking about not knowing what a nickel defense is..he finally asks Ty Detmer about it who thinks he's joking when he realizes he's not Ty explains that it means a LB leaves and a extra DB comes out for better coverage..

Favre responded oh is that all? Who gives a shit.
One of the most eye opening NFL stories of all time.
Turns out you CAN get by on talent alone.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:27 PM 02-27-2023
answers the phone when veach calls on the first ring :-)

HAS A CHAD HENNE BOBBLEHEAD
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
One of the most eye opening NFL stories of all time.
Turns out you CAN get by on talent alone.
My understanding was that was why Atlanta traded him. He's just a fucking idiot.

Which is why the "Brett Favre stole from poor people through his charitable foundation!!!" stuff cracks me up.

That dude isn't smart enough to be conniving.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:44 PM 02-27-2023
My understanding was that was why Atlanta traded him. He's just a ****ing idiot.

Which is why the "Brett Favre stole from poor people through his charitable foundation!!!" stuff cracks me up.

That dude isn't smart enough to be conniving.
The nickel defense story is so crazy it's hard to believe, but I'm sure it's true and it makes sense why Atlanta traded him.

The way he handled the Rodgers situation was pretty terrible too. I've always wondered if the way Favre treated Rodgers jaded him [Rodgers] to some extent and was the genesis of his aloof/weird personality.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:49 PM 02-27-2023
I just think there's a little negative recency bias here. Favre wet the bed in big games as well, we just don't recall them because they were longer ago.

As for the 4th quarter comebacks, there's a LOT of Elway in that stat. Favre had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks because he spent the first 3 quarters shooting himself in the dick.

The Favre era Packers were comparable to, if not better than, the Rodgers era packers in terms of surrounding talent, IMO. Doubly so when you talk about coaching.

And Favre had a career 186-112 winning percentage and a .624 win%
Rodgers is at 147-75 for a .662 win%. Quarterback wins aren't a great stat by any means, but I think it's fair to say neither guy had an obviously better environment than the other and if you're going to say one of them led more 4th quarter comebacks, I think it's fair to point out that he won with less regularity as well. Which sure suggests that many of those comebacks were self-inflicted.
One of Rodgers’ biggest strengths is also a contributing factor in those early playoff exits. He has a remarkable TD to INT ratio for his career. I think he cares too much about protecting this statistic. Sometimes you need to have some balls in big moments. You don’t have to be 1,000% reckless like Favre, but you gotta take more risk than Rodgers is willing to take at times.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:11 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by :
6-liter bottle of Armand de Brignac Ace of Spades Gold Brut
https://clubbookers.com/xs-las-vegas...s-menu-prices/

Looks like that's about a $70k bottle of champagne (at the club that is, retails for around $7k) Kelce sprayed onto the crowd.
[Reply]
Page 2446 of 2693
« First < 1446194623462396243624422443244424452446 2447244824492450245624962546 > Last »
Up