ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 73
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:35 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Was the stuff about the cheerleaders posing topless a real thing? I mean, that might be criminal charges if true yes? Or at least a civil suit...
It's amazing that got swept under the rug. It was bordering on whoring them out without their permission. I guess the lesson with Watson and Snyder is to do something so embarrassing that the league hushes it to make it go away.

It'd be one thing if Snyder was good at his job. The city hates him and he's still bulletproof.
[Reply]
NEOM 10:36 PM 10-11-2021
Just to be clear, this has nothing to do with cancel culture.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:37 PM 10-11-2021
The NFL investigates the WFT and Gruden is the one who goes down? Someone at the head office didn’t like what Gruden said about them.

They would have kept leaking new emails if Davis didn’t step in and force the resignation.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:41 PM 10-11-2021
Whole thing reeks of horseshit and petty grievances

Goodell is a big fat PUSSY
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:41 PM 10-11-2021
What does his son Jon II aka Deuce think about all this? Hope he gets another shot in football somewhere. Helluva coach and everyone is redeemable. Hate to see the righteous piling on.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:42 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
As someone mentioned previously, it sounds like this was Gruden's personal email, that was sent to Bruce Allen's work email. Bruce Allen is the one who got in trouble with the NFL for the workplace violence thing, which is actually how this was discovered. They just had Gruden's emails as part of that. Gruden wasn't even working for the NFL when he wrote the emails.
In 1995 I created a personal email account that I still use today. Know what I never did with it? Send inappropriate emails to someone's work email account. Because I'm not a fucking moron.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:52 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
In 1995 I created a personal email account that I still use today. Know what I never did with it? Send inappropriate emails to someone's work email account. Because I'm not a ****ing moron.
Yet you like the Broncos.
[Reply]
Fish 10:54 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Cancel Culture is undefeated smh
Calling the NFL commissioner a fag anti-football pussy isn't exactly cancel culture...
[Reply]
Fish 10:55 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
In 1995 I created a personal email account that I still use today. Know what I never did with it? Send inappropriate emails to someone's work email account. Because I'm not a fucking moron.
OK. Just wanted to point the additional details.
[Reply]
NEOM 11:03 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Calling the NFL commissioner a bundle of sticks anti-football pussy isn't exactly cancel culture...
People dont understand that the NFL stands for principles. Principles which they are selling over the last couple of years (equality, justice, be who you are etc) you can break some of them, you will be forgiven, but there is a difference between being a head coach of a football franchise or a football player. As a head coach you are a role model, you are a leader and you cannot act the way Urban Meyer acted or Jon Gruden, this has nothing to do with cancel culture. Gruden knew that more things will come out and he should be thankful that he made some big bucks over the last 20 years, cause he will not find any work soon. This might even derail his HOF entry.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:08 PM 10-11-2021
I think alot of people want to make this about SJW cancel culture but the NFL has lost its ass with the CTE stuff, Collusion regarding Kapernick, etc. Gruden covers literally all of that in the emails that we know about and remember it sounds like theres alot more that hasnt came out. Plus you have an opening gay player on your team with a coach who made homophobic slurs. I'd imagine any future lawsuits would use these emails and it would sink the NFL. This isnt even mentioning what possible sponsors would do in the future if nothing happened to Gruden.

At the end of the day this is about $$$$$. The Raiders likely get to walk away from an expensive contract with a coach who was underperforming and the NFL makes itself look like the good guy while saving themselves hundreds of millions in lawsuits.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:16 PM 10-11-2021
Whatever you want to say about the rest of the matter, I'm not sure underperforming is the excuse you want to use on a Chiefs BB here and now about a team that beat us at home last year and is ahead of us in the standings right now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:18 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Whatever you want to say about the rest of the matter, I'm not sure underperforming is the excuse you want to use on a Chiefs BB here and now about a team that beat us at home last year and is ahead of us in the standings right now.
He got a 100 million dollar contract and has yet to have a winning season. Hell yeah that's underperforming.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Honestly it's probably less about the record than it is the player personnel side. And a pretty established track record of Gruden having about a 3-4 year shelf life before he starts dividing his team into 'his guys' and his enemies.

Dude had final say on personnel matters and his tenure in that area has gone pretty damn poorly.

If the guy hadn't gacked roster management up as badly as he has over the last several years, the Raiders might have gone to bat for him (he's actually done a really nice job developing Carr and modernizing certain parts of that offense). But in the end he was entitled to final say on personnel matters and that was only going to become a bigger and bigger problem as he became more entrenched.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:31 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I think alot of people want to make this about SJW cancel culture but the NFL has lost its ass with the CTE stuff, Collusion regarding Kapernick, etc. Gruden covers literally all of that in the emails that we know about and remember it sounds like theres alot more that hasnt came out. Plus you have an opening gay player on your team with a coach who made homophobic slurs. I'd imagine any future lawsuits would use these emails and it would sink the NFL. This isnt even mentioning what possible sponsors would do in the future if nothing happened to Gruden.

At the end of the day this is about $$$$$. The Raiders likely get to walk away from an expensive contract with a coach who was underperforming and the NFL makes itself look like the good guy while saving themselves hundreds of millions in lawsuits.
It still comes down to the "Thought Police". (cancel culture)

I don't think Gruden is a very good coach and should have been fired for his coaching/GM decisions. But emails expressing a bad opinion of Goodell and some not so PC comments is what is destroying us nowadays. I am nearly 60 and 95% of the time when I am texting or emailing somebody I believe is a close friend, I may have some rough and gallows humor not appropriate for everybody. I think with many of your own posts in here you can relate. :-) Gruden is a 500 coach but in my heart I believe he is a blue collar football junkie more than any of us who eats, breathes, sleeps football 24/7 and this just destroyed a man because he is being judged by 2021 standards for something done a dozen years ago very likely after midnight after a few beers because he is reputed to barely sleep. Our culture is getting ****ed because of this mentality.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 73
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up