ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
kcbubb 05:01 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think they’d be more likely to sacrifice less than half an inch for a guy that’s 6’7” and extremely athletic.
height is only important in that it normally comes with long arms. Being tall with short arms doesn’t help.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:18 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
height is only important in that it normally comes with long arms. Being tall with short arms doesn’t help.
My point was more about his size/frame in general along with his rare athleticism.

His arms are literally just under the 33.5 inch mark. It’s not that serious. If the only think keeping you from drafting him is less than half and inch, you’re overthinking it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:47 PM 04-07-2021
Has this guy never seen a T in street clothes before?

Skinny legs/ankles is what you want to pair with the massive thighs and above. Gives you the best blend of mass and quickness of foot.
[Reply]
kcbubb 06:12 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Has this guy never seen a T in street clothes before?

Skinny legs/ankles is what you want to pair with the massive thighs and above. Gives you the best blend of mass and quickness of foot.
I agree with skinny ankles. He doesn’t have massive thighs or calves. But whatever. The point was that’s it’s foolish/super risky to think Niang is gonna play LT. He’s a RT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:40 PM 04-07-2021
I agree with skinny ankles. He doesn’t have massive thighs or calves. But whatever. The point was that’s it’s foolish/super risky to think Niang is gonna play LT. He’s a RT.
says who, you? Why?

This idea that somebody is a RT and not a LT based on...what exactly?

He might well stay at RT. Or we might move him over. We don't know. But there's zero physical reason why we COULDN'T move him over. He has all of the physical attributes and agility skills.

Some people are 'RIGHT TACKLES' because they lack something in the skillset department that you would typically want in a LEFT TACKLE.

And some people just happened to play RIGHT TACKLE because the team already had a LEFT TACKLE and why move them?

Niang was in that spot in college. There's no reason he couldn't play left. Dude showed out against Chase Young AND Nick Bosa. I think he'd be fine.
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:55 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
says who, you? Why?

This idea that somebody is a RT and not a LT based on...what exactly?

He might well stay at RT. Or we might move him over. We don't know. But there's zero physical reason why we COULDN'T move him over. He has all of the physical attributes and agility skills.

Some people are 'RIGHT TACKLES' because they lack something in the skillset department that you would typically want in a LEFT TACKLE.

And some people just happened to play RIGHT TACKLE because the team already had a LEFT TACKLE and why move them?

Niang was in that spot in college. There's no reason he couldn't play left. Dude showed out against Chase Young AND Nick Bosa. I think he'd be fine.
Does this need to be explained? LT is a premier position. You put your best protector there. I don’t want to go into the season counting on Niang at LT. He’s never played LT and it’s too risky when he’s protecting Mahomes. Drafting a LT at 31 is too risky unless one of the top 3 fall, which they won’t. At minimum, Niang would need to beat out a stop gap LT that we sign and the stop gap could be depth. You don’t go into the season with Niang penciled in as the starter at LT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:16 PM 04-07-2021
Does this need to be explained? LT is a premier position. You put your best protector there. I don’t want to go into the season counting on Niang at LT. He’s never played LT and it’s too risky when he’s protecting Mahomes. Drafting a LT at 31 is too risky unless one of the top 3 fall, which they won’t. At minimum, Niang would need to beat out a stop gap LT that we sign and the stop gap could be depth. You don’t go into the season with Niang penciled in as the starter at LT.
Do you really think this hasn't all been discussed AD NAUSEUM for months now?

We don't know what the plan is.

Maybe it's Niang at LT. Maybe it's not.

Maybe it's draft a kid at #31, or maybe it's #63.

Maybe it's pair that with a stop-gap short term guy like Okung. Probably, this is the plan.

Maybe it's trade for a LT from another NFL roster. Who knows? We don't. Veach knows, and he's not talking.

Niang was a first round talent that fell in the draft because of a hip injury. I expect he's in the plans at one side or the other.

I wouldn't expect anything to just be handed to a rookie right out of the gate.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:14 PM 04-07-2021
Posted in another thread, but reposting here as well. Dane Brugler’s new/final OT rankings (top 12):

1st
1. PENEI SEWELL
2. RASHAWN SLATER
3. CHRISTIAN DARRISAW

1st-2nd
4. TEVEN JENKINS

2nd
5. SAMUEL COSMI
6. LIAM EICHENBERG

2nd-3rd
7. WALKER LITTLE
8. BRADY CHRISTENSEN
9. DILLON RADUNZ

3rd
10. JAMES HUDSON
11. D’ANTE SMITH
12. STONE FORSYTHE
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:01 PM 04-07-2021
Please notice that every rep here is taken as a RT.

https://youtu.be/herlYknJJ4U
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:24 PM 04-07-2021
Dane Brugler’s “The Beast” on OT’s:

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:37 PM 04-07-2021
Dane isn’t a mod. :-). That was an April Fools joke.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:40 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dane isn’t a mod. :-). That was an April Fools joke.
Lol... thank goodness!! I’ve been here a longtime but I don’t post much. Glad to hear that!!! He’s an ass. Glad Meck is buddies with him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:43 PM 04-07-2021
Lol... thank goodness!! I’ve been here a longtime but I don’t post much. Glad to hear that!!! He’s an ass. Glad Meck is buddies with him.
What?

:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 11:05 PM 04-08-2021
We all appreciate you not posting much.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:54 PM 04-07-2021
You know who knows what the Chiefs plan is for the tackle positions?

Brett Veach, Andy Reid, and Andy Heck.

That's it.

That's who knows. All of the rest of us, including you are speculating.

If Niang has been working out, and the team is comfortable with him at Left Tackle, then it's not stupid. We don't know that they HAVE been, and we don't know that they HAVEN'T been. We have no idea, and they're not telling.

I'm not saying (and Dane wasn't either) that Niang IS THE PLAN at LT. We're speculating what if? Because it's April, and we're bored.

I doubt it, myself. That doesn't seem like an Andy Reid move. I think something more like drafting a Radunz, Little or Brown at #63 and signing an Okung/Villanueva type to man it for awhile until the kid is ready seems more likely with Niang fighting it out with Remmers for RT. That seems like a workable situation and good depth.

As for RT vs. LT, in this offense, it's the same skillset. In some offenses, you can get away with a road grader type at RT, but not with our deep drops and downfield routes. Schwartz tweeted as much just this week when asked. So a guy who's played RT but has the measurables and agility to play LT in any offense can play either spot, it's really the same skillset, just mirrored. RT's have to play head up on just about as many premier pass rushers as LT's anymore. And Niang shut down Chase Young and Nick Bosa in college. So no, it's not a stupid idea.

But we don't know, and you don't either.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up