ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2562 of 2693
« First < 1562206224622512255225582559256025612562 2563256425652566257226122662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:14 PM 11-09-2023

I can't filter out jet sweeps, screens, spikes on PFF (where Mahomes leads the NFL in and drops his aDOT), but here is another version of QB aggressiveness.

Time to throw vs aDOT in clean pockets. pic.twitter.com/4adE4I9TLH

— Hayden Winks (@HaydenWinks) November 9, 2023

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:24 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you don't have anything to add to the discussion so bow out
So arbitrary grades then. What a contribution you've made.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:32 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
100% arbitrary. He's just doing his normal schtick and posting things he had no clue about, but they seem to support his argument. Since they support what he's saying, then he thinks they're correct.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:33 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Dude, that's really not great.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:38 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
more than you ever have or ever will
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:43 PM 11-09-2023
more than you ever have or ever will
Only if you believe posting meaningless bullshit counts for something.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:45 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dude, that's really not great.
Correct and that is because the WR's blow
[Reply]
KCJake 01:05 PM 11-09-2023
There's a difference with Mahomes this year, versus last, and the year before that. I don't care what the stats say. I don't know why he's not as good. I assume it's because the WR's aren't getting any separation. I don't know what else it could be. He's still the best QB in the league and you wouldn't trade him for the world but there's no question, he's not as good as he has been.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:21 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by KCJake:
There's a difference with Mahomes this year, versus last, and the year before that. I don't care what the stats say. I don't know why he's not as good. I assume it's because the WR's aren't getting any separation. I don't know what else it could be. He's still the best QB in the league and you wouldn't trade him for the world but there's no question, he's not as good as he has been.
He’s just second guessing himself. We saw him do this in the first part of 2021.

No absolute disaster games yet (Titans, Bills). But it’s clear he’s not feelin’ it like he was last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:32 PM 11-09-2023
Correct and that is because the WR's blow
That's never the conclusion anyone on this board would've reached from those graphs if ANY quarterback but Patrick Mahomes was the subject. And I mean at any TIME this board has existed. For any team.

Right, wrong or otherwise, NOBODY would've ever seen those figures and said "Man, those charts right there is a perfect barometer for the performance of the wide receivers..."

Because in a vacuum that's simply not what that says. Look at Burrow and where he falls - do his receivers blow? Look at Stroud - are Nico Collins and Tank Dell THAT good?

You're letting the name on the back of the jersey cloud your analysis.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:44 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's never the conclusion anyone on this board would've reached from those graphs if ANY quarterback but Patrick Mahomes was the subject. And I mean at any TIME this board has existed. For any team.

Right, wrong or otherwise, NOBODY would've ever seen those figures and said "Man, those charts right there is a perfect barometer for the performance of the wide receivers..."

Because in a vacuum that's simply not what that says. Look at Burrow and where he falls - do his receivers blow? Look at Stroud - are Nico Collins and Tank Dell THAT good?

You're letting the name on the back of the jersey cloud your analysis.
You saw the charts showing our WR's suck at separation that was posted today? Did Mahomes forget how to be QB or are the WR's just not that good especially Skyy who got a ton of snaps up until last week?

I am not saying Pat is blameless but he just didn't fall off the cliff.

The guy that made or posted the chart has his opinions.

burrow: i think just the injury.

mahomes: WRs are awful.

bryce: WRs are awful. scheme is suspect. he also takes checkdowns early to me.

— Hayden Winks (@HaydenWinks) November 9, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:48 PM 11-09-2023
Opening game of the season Mahomes had an ADOT of 9.6.

Been about 7.1 since.

Game 1 went poorly, his receivers shit the bed in the 4th quarter, Mahomes has been unwilling to go downfield since.

And it's just unwarranted. Mahomes has gotten almost dead-ass average performance from his receivers. His drop rate is 6.1%. And if my memory serves, that's exactly where we realized that rate tends to end up on the season for the overwhelming majority of receivers.

Wilson's drop rate is 8.6% -- anyone weeping over his receivers? Stroud at 8.5, Goff at 7.8, Jackson at 6.2

But at some point "Mahomes doesn't trust his receivers" became more than a mere explanation - it became an excuse.

He has to get over this shit. HE'S the chokepoint. The receivers aren't going to change - this is what we have. But HE'S the guy who's stopped throwing downfield despite his receivers actually having pretty average hands. He's the guy who's not throwing with anticipation.

Because when Mac Jones - who absolutely has worse weapons than Patrick Mahomes has - has a better ADOT than you by a full HALF YARD - fellas, that's on the passer. That's not on the targets.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:50 PM 11-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Game 1 went poorly, his receivers shit the bed in the 4th quarter, Mahomes has been unwilling to go downfield since.
Justin Watson would like a word.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:53 PM 11-09-2023
You saw the charts showing our WR's suck at separation that was posted today? Did Mahomes forget how to be QB or are the WR's just not that good especially Skyy who got a ton of snaps up until last week?

I am not saying Pat is blameless but he just didn't fall off the cliff.

The guy that made or posted the chart has his opinions.
And last year they were great? Good?

Because again, that's where this has to keep getting back to.

He didn't just 'fall off a cliff' but he HAS reverted back to the 2021 version of Mahomes that looked for his security blankets and ignored everyone else. He's BEEN this guy. But when he was this guy 2 years ago he had 2 wubbies in Kelce and Hill. Now he doesn't.

This isn't something we've never seen from Mahomes - we've just seen it when he had 2 Hall of Fame talents to cover for it.

If your "Greatest Quarterback of All Time" needs two Hall of Fame pass-catchers to succeed - he....isn't.

I believe he is. And that he doesn't need 2 HoF talents. He just needs to stop playing like a person that believes he does.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 11-09-2023
Justin Watson would like a word.
Unless it's 3rd and 20 and Mahomes decides to single-handedly bring Miami back into the game...
[Reply]
Page 2562 of 2693
« First < 1562206224622512255225582559256025612562 2563256425652566257226122662 > Last »
Up