ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 125
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:26 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Reid and Bieniemy both praised him today. So did Willie Gay, Jr and a bunch of national writers.
Reid was literally asked directly what he thought of Pachecho and he said he had a little juice and toughness and wanted to see how he performed in a game. What else would Reid say when asked about a draft pick?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 08:27 PM 08-03-2022
His running style is janky but I'm not sure why that matters.

Jay Ajayi had the jankiest running style I've ever seen and he made it work.

Difference is he ran a 4.57, not a 4.3.

You know who had a weird ass running style? Adrian Peterson. I'm not worried about how his body moves in space as long as it is moving quickly
Adrian Petersons running style isn't weird. It was terrifying. And he had vision and wiggle. But yea that 4.3 sounds great when you're running in daylight...who cares how you run, but that 4.3 doesn't mean anything if you can't find daylight to run to
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:30 PM 08-03-2022
Pacheco in college had 1.6 yards before contact which is easily lowest in the class.

He was getting murdered immediately. I'm not sure you should blame HIM for not finding daylight to run to.

But hey, we're all going to see if he can do it in preseason games. I'm looking forward to it. If he sucks, that's fine. McKinnon, CEH and RoJo are adequate.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:32 PM 08-03-2022
Pacheco in college had 1.6 yards before contact which is easily lowest in the class.

He was getting murdered immediately.
Well, that'll get you nowhere.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:38 PM 08-03-2022

He was getting murdered immediately. I'm not sure you should blame HIM for not finding daylight to run to.

But hey, we're all going to see if he can do it in preseason games. I'm looking forward to it. If he sucks, that's fine. McKinnon, CEH and RoJo are adequate.
I don't remotely want to be labeled as a guy who doesn't want this him to succeed. His interviews and backstory and attitude are all awesome.

I just think there's a surprising amount of optimism out there and I'm not sure I see it. And to be clear if the guy is only a minor player on the roster this season that's still a tremendous achievement for a late round pick.

Finally I'd just say that when UChieffyBugger is pounding the table on someone, it's a bit of a red flag. (Sorry, Fountain.)
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:40 PM 08-03-2022
It's early to go gaga for a player. But buzz is buzz and until there's a preseason game I have to avoid work somehow.

I admit that I want Pacheco to work out. I want that speed and the threat of a homerun from our RB again.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 08:41 PM 08-03-2022

That's a horrific stat. I'm eager to see what he can do in a game. As I've said before his speed and size with his hands are tools in his box. I'm not ready to slot in him in the RB rotation looking at some of his film and with his stats. The RB group for me is still a bunch of question marks
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:42 PM 08-03-2022
It's early to go gaga for a player. But buzz is buzz and until there's a preseason game I have to avoid work somehow.

I admit that I want Pacheco to work out. I want that speed and the threat of a homerun from our RB again.
I similarly wanted Darwin Thompson to work out.

https://twitter.com/kansascitymedia/...47766658527232

He broke tackles in college in a similar way to Kareem Hunt.

And yet, he was terribly meh.
[Reply]
neech 08:42 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Finally I'd just say that when UChieffyBugger is pounding the table on someone, it's a bit of a red flag. (Sorry, Fountain.)
Even the clock is right twice a day. 😀
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:43 PM 08-03-2022
I similarly wanted Darwin Thompson to work out.

https://twitter.com/kansascitymedia/...47766658527232

He broke tackles in college in a similar way to Kareem Hunt.

And yet, he was terribly meh.

I also bought in on Darwin but let's be honest he was the size of a buff Daniel Radcliff and he also didn't have the breakaway speed. He wasn't even a Muscle Hampster he was like a Muscle Gerbil.
[Reply]
-King- 08:46 PM 08-03-2022
Why would we think that? Could it be because he's 220 and runs a 4.3? Or that he has natural hands? There's plenty of reason for optimism. His unique college situation and his measurables. If he has vision look out.
He had 47 catches his whole college career. How do you get natural hands from that?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 08:49 PM 08-03-2022
He catches the ball easily. Doesn't break stride or double catch
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:56 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
He had 47 catches his whole college career. How do you get natural hands from that?
Instagram stories of him catching. Looks effortless
[Reply]
-King- 09:00 PM 08-03-2022
Instagram stories of him catching. Looks effortless
...oh.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:36 PM 08-03-2022
His college tape didn't look like he got from A to B in record time? There are plenty of other RBs in history who have had Taylor's measurables who don't measure up to Taylor when they're in pads and facing NFL defenses? And which coaches exactly are raving about Pachecho?

Are we talking about Toub because Pachecho is going to return kicks in the preseason?
Reid had good things to say about him today and teammates Mckinnon and Willie Gay praised him too along with Toub yesterday. And maybe you should watch his tape again because the kid is a monster in outside zone runs and he hit several homerun touchdowns too.

I mentioned when we first drafted him how I was quite amazed how far he fell because his physical traits are ELITE. His burst & long speed is electric, he can juke, he can be physical, he can catch the ball, he can be creative etc so it's stunning that no-one else saw fit to take a shot on him.

Today Pete Sweeney said him and the local reporters are comparing him to Kareem Hunt ("but faster" he added) after what they've been seeing in camp so let's support the guy and hope he can fulfill his potential because another Hunt type of player would be epic in this offense.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 125
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up