ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 35
« First < 222829303132 333435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:31 PM 12-04-2023
Pacheco and Cook the same player? Both made of rubber
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:34 PM 12-04-2023
More like Brian Dawkins the fucking wolverine. His adamantium frame sustained no damage! See you in the playoffs Fuck Pie lovers!
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:21 PM 12-05-2023

Per source, Chiefs safety Bryan Cook is expected to miss time, but there's a possibility he could return for the postseason. Meanwhile, IR is in play.

Really a best-case scenario after what was a very ugly-looking injury.

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) December 4, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 12-05-2023
That suggests to me that it was a partial dislocation and high ankle sprain, then.

I don't see how he could've had a complete dislocation, been back on the sideline and be expected to be back this season. The math don't check out for me there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:32 PM 12-05-2023
And here's the basis for any 'expertise' I have here...

Did that playing softball. Toe-picked it sliding, came over top of it. The foot came out forward as my body slid forward over top of it. So for that to happen, it had to have been facing backwards when it dislocated. So I'm betting a slow-mo replay of that would've been pretty damn gnarly.

'bout 4 months later and runnings still not a thing. I can do about anything else I want, but I had to have a tightrope (a couple holes drilled and a glorified come-along) placed in the joint to stabilize it while the ligaments heal. Ultimately ligaments will only heal so fast. There's just not a lot rehab can do to speed up healing on a ligament - the rehab just makes sure you get a complete recovery over a similar timeline.

So if there's a chance he's back for the post-season, he doesn't have that instability that I had. He didn't have to have the hardware installed. And I just can't see any way you pry a foot out of that joint WITHOUT doing enough damage to create that instability; the body isn't designed that way. If it comes all the way out, SOMETHING failed pretty catastrophically.

So I'm betting it wasn't a full dislocation.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:35 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So maybe he's out a month? That's almost worth it just to have the picture for your wall.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:45 PM 12-05-2023
I cannot believe this didn’t end up being more severe. So happy for Cook.

Knock on wood, but this team sure lucks out sometimes on the injury front.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:16 PM 12-05-2023
I thought he was dead
[Reply]
-King- 01:17 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We gotta study the elasticity in his ankles for science cause holy shit that's amazing that he didn't injure it seriously.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:31 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And here's the basis for any 'expertise' I have here...

Did that playing softball. Toe-picked it sliding, came over top of it. The foot came out forward as my body slid forward over top of it. So for that to happen, it had to have been facing backwards when it dislocated. So I'm betting a slow-mo replay of that would've been pretty damn gnarly.

'bout 4 months later and runnings still not a thing. I can do about anything else I want, but I had to have a tightrope (a couple holes drilled and a glorified come-along) placed in the joint to stabilize it while the ligaments heal. Ultimately ligaments will only heal so fast. There's just not a lot rehab can do to speed up healing on a ligament - the rehab just makes sure you get a complete recovery over a similar timeline.

So if there's a chance he's back for the post-season, he doesn't have that instability that I had. He didn't have to have the hardware installed. And I just can't see any way you pry a foot out of that joint WITHOUT doing enough damage to create that instability; the body isn't designed that way. If it comes all the way out, SOMETHING failed pretty catastrophically.

So I'm betting it wasn't a full dislocation.
Damn, that Xray hurts to look at...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:57 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Damn, that Xray hurts to look at...
You can't even see the broken fibula at the top of it!

Yeah, it was good times. I had people from other departments coming to see me as I sat in my hospital bed. In a sense it's a badge of honor.
[Reply]
Superbowltrashcan 07:24 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You can't even see the broken fibula at the top of it!

Yeah, it was good times. I had people from other departments coming to see me as I sat in my hospital bed. In a sense it's a badge of honor.
I had the full “other departments” treatment two summers ago. Got bit on the left hand ring finger by a young copperhead. Swelled up big time prior to getting the anti-venom concoction they made for me. Luckily I got my wedding band off before the swelling made it impossible to do so. I think there were four different waves that came through. Copperhead bites don’t agree with me too much…
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:27 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan:
I had the full “other departments” treatment two summers ago. Got bit on the left hand ring finger by a young copperhead. Swelled up big time prior to getting the anti-venom concoction they made for me. Luckily I got my wedding band off before the swelling made it impossible to do so. I think there were four different waves that came through. Copperhead bites don’t agree with me too much…
:-) I don't think they would agree with anybody... I'm glad we don't have any poisonous reptiles (one are is rumored to have a few timber rattlers).
[Reply]
BossChief 11:24 PM 12-05-2023
This one and the kneecap sneak were both miracles.
[Reply]
threebag 12:27 AM 12-06-2023

[Reply]
Page 32 of 35
« First < 222829303132 333435 >
Up