ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What Salsas are you guys running
Stewie 10:16 PM 06-22-2021
For the KC folks, remember Lotta Hotta? Great stores that featured everything spicy. Lots of samples to try. Mouth burning experience walking out the door. Whew!
[Reply]
srvy 10:35 PM 06-22-2021
My wife makes a Thai pepper sauce on a mortar and pestle she likes on fish and seafood. Its pretty hot and an easy pepper to grow in a pot if you have direct sunshine.
[Reply]
srvy 12:12 AM 06-23-2021
The Mexicans seem to love it as they load up on Herdez in the market. I think they put the heat in the food and the sauce is just a condiment but could be wrong.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:25 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
The Mexicans seem to love it as they load up on Herdez in the market. I think they put the heat in the food and the sauce is just a condiment but could be wrong.
For work lunch I grabbed some quinoa edamame salad from a local grocery store and added a small can of Herdez Salsa Verde to it. It has been very hot here so I am eating pretty light right now. It was delicious. The salad looked like this:

The salsa really sent the flavor over the top. It was really, really good.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:55 AM 06-23-2021
I go with the made fresh daily Latino store route for the most part but will typically keep a Herdez Salsa Taquera in the fridge.
[Reply]
oldman 06:46 AM 06-23-2021
Art's Mexican in Amourdale used to do their own and I'd buy it by the case. The last time I was down there, the lady said it hasn't been hot enough for good peppers and they haven't made it in a couple of years.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:05 AM 06-23-2021
No locals make/sell salsa there if there’s plenty of Mexicans in your town?
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 11:24 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No locals make/sell salsa there if there’s plenty of Mexicans in your town?
30 minutes south is one of the best Salsas I've ever had.
https://www.elzarapegc.com/order-salsa
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:48 AM 06-23-2021
Homemade bud!! I make enough in July-August to last the entire year. You got a farmers market near you Bueh?
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:31 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Homemade bud!! I make enough in July-August to last the entire year. You got a farmers market near you Bueh?
Was just at our FM this morning
One vendor had fresh homemade salsa
Thought about buying it, but didn't.

Why? Cuz I'd have to go to the store for chips. The smart thing for them to do is also offer chips with it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:52 AM 06-23-2021

[Reply]
SuperChief 09:09 AM 06-23-2021
Arriba! Fire Roasted Southwestern Garlic & Cilantro Salsa - Medium
Margaritas Amigos Restaurant Style Salsa - Medium

Those are two of the better store bought options I've found. I've been through a lot of types/varieties. Same wtih Bloody Mary bases.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:52 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Arriba! Fire Roasted Southwestern Garlic & Cilantro Salsa - Medium
Margaritas Amigos Restaurant Style Salsa - Medium

Those are two of the better store bought options I've found. I've been through a lot of types/varieties. Same wtih Bloody Mary bases.
Margaritas salsa was a long time favorite of mine when I lived in KC. Both mild and medium. I actually brought a jar of both back with me from a recent road trip to KC.

Feel the medium is being pretty generous but is still delicious.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:46 AM 06-23-2021
I love the salsa at Manny's on SW BLVD; and I 'think' the Lopez family who owns it sells it in a jar at some local grocery stores. I picked some up on 2 different occasions, and it was not good at all. didn't taste anywhere close to the restaurant.

I think the jar is called Famila Lopez ...

we finally got a food processor after wanting to get one for years; I need to score a good recipe to try out. love chips and salsa.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:48 AM 06-23-2021
If im having real mexican food, my wife or mother in law usually makes it from scratch. Or we'll buy the stuff they make at the mexican market.

If i'm just busting out my poor white boy swag, like some frozen burritos, i'll use Pace.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up