ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 73
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Iím leaving forever.
patteeu 10:46 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Mod note: Here is the follow-up to this thread.
Seriously, I am.


I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)


[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 03:30 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yeah, I don't get the whole announcement thing either. Just go do whatever it is that you do. If you feel like posting again, then post again. There's no reason why anyone has to officially quit. It mostly seems to be attention-whoring.
I disagree with this. The long time posters can build real relationships, and sometimes it's just nice to let your online friends know that you're leaving. Sending out PMs isn't as good of an option, because you may miss someone. Posting a thread is better IMO.

Of course, they can be used as attention-whoring (and often are). But not all of them. Overall I'd prefer it when the longtime users post a goodbye thread.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:41 PM 04-29-2021
I'm almost more interested in who the "insider" is.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:41 PM 04-29-2021

[Reply]
vailpass 03:43 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Perfect.
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 03:46 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
:-)
[Reply]
Kman34 03:47 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
57% will be the ending score... Not going to happen..
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 03:48 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
57% will be the ending score... Not going to happen..
Nope I'll make it happen all by myself if I have to. Might take some time, as I usually only check in a couple time a day, but we'll get there.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:49 PM 04-29-2021
I’d be fine if this thread doesn’t reach 1,000. Later pussy.
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 03:49 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
57% will be the ending score... Not going to happen..
If OP had put a time limit on it, then it could be an issue. But he didn't say it had to be within 24 hours or whatever.
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 03:50 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Iíd be fine if this thread doesnít reach 1,000. Later pussy.
I'm genuinely curious. Hopefully it's not a disappointment.
[Reply]
eDave 03:51 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
57% will be the ending score... Not going to happen..
....
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:52 PM 04-29-2021
This thread really belongs in DC


Abortion
[Reply]
Shoes 03:55 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He arrived, he posted, and then one day he said, "This is my last post. It's not due to health or an issue with the board, but for life reasons I'm never going to post again." Or maybe it was even, "I'm never going to be able to post again." And then he was gone. He may have been the first high-post-count guy to leave, too. So the mystery remains of what happened.

In fact, here's the thread: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...78#post1847378 . It may be the most famous thread in CP history.
Rainman I have one more historical question if you don't mind. I was reading posts in the MrBlond thread and stumbled upon this post:

Originally Posted by kstater:
I think it's odd that no one has figured out what he did. I mean this is the place that outed a sex offender.
I need to know more. Honestly I feel like Chiefsplanet needs a book of historical moments/characters.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:59 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Rainman I have one more historical question if you don't mind. I was reading posts in the MrBlond thread and stumbled upon this post:



I need to know more. Honestly I feel like Chiefsplanet needs a book of historical moments/characters.

Y'know, I don't recall that incident. I don't ride a horse so I tend to not join posses. I bet someone else around here remembers, though.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:04 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In case you don't know, I did that. I can't even remember why. Something about being oppressed like the Jews.

Kind of funny that he never changed it back, though.
I remember now. He (facetiously) said that DC posters should be required to wear a star of David so that we can recognize them in the Lounge. I obliged.

But yeah, it makes sense to put it back.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 73
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up