ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 435
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:03 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
disappointment
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:05 PM 10-01-2019
Hoping that Clark turns it around (and obviously he will to some extent), but I'm fearful that he was just flat out overrated.

I watched his 2018 highlights, and I certainly didn't see the dominant physical presence that we heard about. Frankly, he even seems kind of weak. Half the time, he can barely get the players to the ground (remember when he had to piggyback Jackson for 10 minutes until they blew the whistle).

Most of his sacks seem to be either coverage sacks or sacks that fell into his lap. He rarely seems to blow up a lineman or make a good move.

The most disappointing thing is that he just doesn't seem that powerful.

Hate to say it, but I think we're going to regret letting Ford go. Like him or not, that dude was consistently up the QB's ass and disrupting plays.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 10-01-2019
Well I'll be fucked.

Dude just laid out exactly the spadework I was looking for.

Yeah, the "He's getting doubled every snap" thing is nonsense and anyone who's actually made a point to watch him knows better.

I suspect the loudest defenders in this thread haven't made that effort. They're simply waiting for someone else to do the shovel work for them and hoping that Arrowhead Pride will bail them out.

Now as is always the case when using someone else's work, you can't take this exactly at face value. That said - add a full 20% to the 'help' snaps and take 20% away from the 1v1 snaps and you're still seeing a whooooole lot of singled up opportunities for Clark that he's been a non-factor in.

Guys - argue that he'll get better. That's fine and there's some justification for the hope. But you have GOT to stop making excuses for his performance thus far.

If you think you've seen a player who's truly made much of an impact out there, I don't know what game you're watching.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 10-01-2019
Here's the tweet anyone would want to use to really check his work:

JAX Totals:

Double teams: 4
C/G Help: 2
Chips: 3
1v1: 22 1v1 (3 vs TEs)

OAK Totals:

Double teams: 3
Chips: 4
1v1: 28

BAL Totals:

Chips: 2
1v1: 28

DET Totals:

Chips: 2
1v1: 27 (3 vs TEs)

(5/?)

— Jared (@OShowKCJared) October 1, 2019

You can pick a single game, watch it and see how close to his charting you get. That would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to parse through all 4 games and trying to peg his overall numbers.

I'll note, that there have been 2 games where I specifically noted him getting isolated in pass pro by tight ends (and mentioned it here) and those are the two games this guy specifically mentioned TEs going 1v1 with Clark.

It's not a mirage, fellas. It really and truly isn't. And I didn't just make that shit up. I don't feel any need to cede my opinion to a blogger because I know what I'm looking at.

He isn't playing well.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:10 PM 10-01-2019

[Reply]
MTG#10 02:44 PM 10-01-2019
Frank Clark doesn't suck, he's playing decent. If his contract was league average nobody would be bitching. The issue is so far is he's not worth even close to how much cap space he's taking up.
[Reply]
-King- 02:48 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, having $17M guaranteed sitting on the bench would be great for a Super Bowl run.

Letting Ford walk was the right thing to do, regardless of what happens with Clark.
How is he on the bench? He has started all 3 games and has 2 sacks.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:53 PM 10-01-2019
I don't think that guy got his numbers right. of course, I'll have to re-watch the games again and this time I'll note every snap, but I'm pretty sure those aren't correct.
[Reply]
-King- 02:56 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Is it too late to get back Justin Houston and our draft picks? :-)
Or get Clowney for a 2020 3rd round pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:57 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't think that guy got his numbers right. of course, I'll have to re-watch the games again and this time I'll note every snap, but I'm pretty sure those aren't correct.
They do seem a little low, even from someone that's been critical of Clark.

But like I said - give him a 20% kicker and it's still pretty clear that Clark's not getting 'doubled every snap'. He isn't. He hasn't been. It's easily as often as not that he's being handled 1v1.

I'm not gonna sit down and re-watch the game because I watched in real time and know for a fact that he isn't getting doubled with nearly the frequency his supporters are claiming. It's just not happening. If it's as infrequently as that guy says it is, I'll have to amend my stance from "He's been frightfully average" to something far closer to the thread title.

The Chiefs need much, much more out of him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:01 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They do seem a little low, even from someone that's been critical of Clark.

But like I said - give him a 20% kicker and it's still pretty clear that Clark's not getting 'doubled every snap'. He isn't. He hasn't been. It's easily as often as not that he's being handled 1v1.

I'm not gonna sit down and re-watch the game because I watched in real time and know for a fact that he isn't getting doubled with nearly the frequency his supporters are claiming. It's just not happening. If it's as infrequently as that guy says it is, I'll have to amend my stance from "He's been frightfully average" to something far closer to the thread title.

The Chiefs need much, much more out of him.
Something's off though. I re-watched the Baltimore game just a couple days ago using the Coach's Film thing on NFL.com and was idly counting the number of times Clark was singled up, and only came up with something under ten times. There's no way that's right, or this Jared guy is flat wrong.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:09 PM 10-01-2019

To address your question specifically, I didn't look at whether he was winning or not. Was focused on the other team and their OL.

Just impressions though: his bullrushes tend to create havoc and collapse the pocket. His speed rushes tend to be stopped or ridden out of the play.

— Jared (@OShowKCJared) October 1, 2019

[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:11 PM 10-01-2019
I don't believe those stats at all. He has been disappointing and even he knows it
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:33 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't have the time and didn't really pay that close attention in the game but, I would love to see a breakdown of how often he gets doubled. And even better, I would like to see how he does when singled compared to doubled. Does he suck when singled? Or just the times he's doubled. Obviously, this would have to be done by someone who understands how the plays are supposed to work.
I really want him to be what he was supposed to be, but he is not even beating singles.

I re-watched the Detroit game and he may have been doubled twice randomly.

Maybe it is because he is maintaining his assignment? Hell, I don't know for sure, but he is not dominating anything.

Maybe that is the scheme?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:46 PM 10-01-2019
Clark hasn’t lived up to the value of what we traded for and he himself has been hard on himself but these are just numbers without context.

105 single blocks does not mean the hyperbole that they state. These stats from twitter are always hilarious bc they lack context :-)

How many of those passes were released in 2.5 or less seconds? Derek Carr has the fastest release in football. How many of the single coverage designs were bc he released the ball quickly?

Did you know both of Carr’s INT’s against us were quick releases?

How many times was Clark single covered against Lamar Jackson and missed due to Lamar being an elite athlete?

As Clay mentioned, this was with Clark being double blocked. Almost any other QB and this is a sack. Let’s look at context before declaring this guy to be Breeland Speaks level of bad.

[Reply]
Page 62 of 435
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up