View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 123 of 343
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://www.nfl.com/videos/chadiha-f...lando-brown-jr
I decided a couple years ago that Chadiha doesn't know shit.

"Very possibly not be there in week 1..."

Oh c'mon - what can he POSSIBLY gain by that. Chadiha's become your basic bomb-thrower at this point; a click-bait guy. He loves his hot takes.

I have very little use for anything he has to say anymore.
[Reply]
Reroka 10:58 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
Pass on him.

Way too much money
[Reply]
O.city 10:59 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I decided a couple years ago that Chadiha doesn't know shit.

"Very possibly not be there in week 1..."

Oh c'mon - what can he POSSIBLY gain by that. Chadiha's become your basic bomb-thrower at this point; a click-bait guy. He loves his hot takes.

I have very little use for anything he has to say anymore.
That was kind of my thought as well.

Again, this whole "I'll get an agent when I get the time" thing just fucked the Chiefs. At that point, they shoulda said "nah, either do it now or we're gonna go another direction".
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 AM 07-19-2022
If the knee checks out, why would the Jets make that deal? If Becton is a better fit at LT than OBJ, there's no reason to make said trade.

If they're willing to do it, that says all you need to know about Becton.
Certainly a worthwhile concern.

Stability. Floor. They're getting close to a decision point on Wilson and they're no closer to knowing what they have there so if they can lock in Brown and know they'll get average play at LT, it gives them a fixed variable through which to view Wilson.

Would they be willing to trade a B+ player w/ injury concerns for a C+ player who's consistency and reliability is pretty well established? If you're a SB team, probably not. But if you're a team like the Jets who REALLY need to know what they have under center, dealing away some upside for some reliability may be worthwhile because the clock is ticking on that QB decision and you need to know sooner rather than later which direction to go.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:00 AM 07-19-2022
I dont' think Becton is worth a shit. So no, I wouldn't do that.

This just ain't Madden. You've gotta get Becton up and going in the Chiefs offense with no offseason in it and ready to roll by game 1 in a month and a half. I just don't think it's wise.
I’m not I love with Becton, but if the Chiefs make the move I’ll trust it. I trust their player evaluation over my own by a Chris Jones dick length.

I like the current and future cap implications of the move for sure. If the Chiefs are comfortable with the player, I’m in.
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 07-19-2022
Certainly a worthwhile concern.

Stability. Floor. They're getting close to a decision point on Wilson and they're no closer to knowing what they have there so if they can lock in Brown and know they'll get average play at LT, it gives them a fixed variable through which to view Wilson.

Would they be willing to trade a B+ player w/ injury concerns for a C+ player who's consistency and reliability is pretty well established? If you're a SB team, probably not. But if you're a team like the Jets who REALLY need to know what they have under center, dealing away some upside for some reliability may be worthwhile because the clock is ticking on that QB decision and you need to know sooner rather than later which direction to go.
I'd think it would go the other way. As a SB contender, with a force multiplier at QB, I need those things at LT. I'm not into injury concerns there because as we've seen in Dallas, the drop from "Starting LT" to "Backup LT" is just too much to overcome.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:06 AM 07-19-2022
In the spirit of asking for more than the worth give us a first and Elijah Moore
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:20 AM 07-19-2022

Chadiha also said that KC is “frustrated” and “disappointed” that Brown rejected its offer.

— Devon Clements (@DevclemNFL) July 19, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 07-19-2022
I'd think it would go the other way. As a SB contender, with a force multiplier at QB, I need those things at LT. I'm not into injury concerns there because as we've seen in Dallas, the drop from "Starting LT" to "Backup LT" is just too much to overcome.
The Chiefs aren't making that deal because of the upside vs. the floor, though. Their motivations don't have to be (and aren't) mirror images of the Jets - they just have to be complementary.

In this case the Chiefs motivations would be financial flexibility that allows continued re-tooling of other areas of need on the roster.

It works from a tool-set standpoint for the Jets. It works from a financial standpoint for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:27 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He will regret not signing that deal and being a dick.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:38 AM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Has the Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board weighed in on this report?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:39 AM 07-19-2022
That was kind of my thought as well.

Again, this whole "I'll get an agent when I get the time" thing just ****ed the Chiefs. At that point, they shoulda said "nah, either do it now or we're gonna go another direction".
I have to think he talked to a lot of agents and finally found one who told him what he wanted to hear.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 07-19-2022
The Chiefs aren't making that deal because of the upside vs. the floor, though. Their motivations don't have to be (and aren't) mirror images of the Jets - they just have to be complementary.

In this case the Chiefs motivations would be financial flexibility that allows continued re-tooling of other areas of need on the roster.

It works from a tool-set standpoint for the Jets. It works from a financial standpoint for the Chiefs.
Yeah, I had to re read your post again. I got what you mean now.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:01 PM 07-19-2022
Guys aren’t taking deals to play with teams unless they are on their 3rd contract or are just plain stupid.

Orlando asked for way more and was picky but I get it. Players are trying to get as much as they can.

But he’s being ridiculous asking for $3 million more in his signing bonus and also trying to have his 6th year no be a team option.

His agent is behind this IMO which I’m still points back to him
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:16 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Guys aren’t taking deals to play with teams unless they are on their 3rd contract or are just plain stupid.

Orlando asked for way more and was picky but I get it. Players are trying to get as much as they can.

But he’s being ridiculous asking for $3 million more in his signing bonus and also trying to have his 6th year no be a team option.

His agent is behind this IMO which I’m still points back to him
I kind of think this is purposeful. One of the pods, KCSN possibly, said that theres no tackles up that would reset the market this offseason. That also means theres not a shitload of Tackles that will be available. He may think he can be "The Tackle" this offseason in free agency.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 343
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up