ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 29
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

mlyonsd 12:05 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
It's even gotten to be more of a cesspool this last year or two. Seems to be several new posters there that contribute nothing positive to CP. They tend to be the kind that believe and perpetuate any wacked out conspiracy theory put forth by "their side'. The more despicable the better.
This is what I was responding to. There are some of us that knew when the DC forum was built that was where to take political discussion to not affect the lounge. If everyone followed the rules it wouldn't be an issue.

You're part of the cesspool that is infecting the lounge. There are others on the other side of the spectrum as well but don't pretend you aren't part of the problem.
crazycoffey 12:16 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Since this is the new DC lounge lite and best place to discuss the Rona

I wonder, when was the first US Rona case?

What is the us population?

What is the number of “confirmed” cases of the Rona in the US?

What again is the number of Rona Deaths in the US?

Can we get a few mathematicians in here to explain the findings?

Come on, no one? So many full of opinions. From it a hoax it it’s the worst thing ever!

I’ll help best I can;

Some say first case was November 2019, some say feb 2020. Either way, more than 6 months.

Us population; some say around 320 million, some say 340 million. But not accounted are visitors, legally or not. So it should be easy to assume the population is probably well over 340 million. But for simple math, we’ll just say 300 million.

Confirmed cases? Under 6 million, per the cdc; right now. Not taking into account the duplicates or possible false positives: Let’s round up to 6 million anyway. For simple math. Since it’s half way through the year, let’s make that “2% of the us population”, 4%, if you’re inclined to to believe the fear mongering media. In one year’ time we POSSIBLY face 4% of the US population contracting this horrible virus. That’s a reasonable projection that is more likely false than positive.

Confirmed deaths; under 200,000 (under 168,000). If that number continues on the above assumptions, we face the projection of 400,000 deaths in “one year” of this pandemic. Pretty close to 1% survival rating even with the liberties of the numbers.

So, recap; 2-3% of the us population (give or take .9%) in one years time gets the virus. And around 1% (give or take about .5%) could die in a one year time period.

Without a vaccine, But it’s imperative we wear masks and vote by mail and small family owned businesses stay closed while Walmart stays open. And protesting cops is good but protesting Rona regulations are bad. Funerals for said bad cops actions are ok. but going to grandma’s funeral is bad.

I agree it’s not a hoax. It is worse than the “regular” flu. And may be almost as bad as the H1N1 or may be slightly worse. But it’s most certainly being used to push agendas and propaganda. During an election year. When a non politician is creating waves on both sides of the party lines.

But thinking wearing a mask in your own car, by yourself, is the new normal. And thinking opposite of masks, and Rona fear, and political polarizing in every form of media outlooks; is the stupid take in all of this.......

Ok, dudes...............
mlyonsd 12:29 AM 08-16-2020
Come on, no one? So many full of opinions. From it a hoax it it’s the worst thing ever!

I’ll help best I can;

Some say first case was November 2019, some say feb 2020. Either way, more than 6 months.

Us population; some say around 320 million, some say 340 million. But not accounted are visitors, legally or not. So it should be easy to assume the population is probably well over 340 million. But for simple math, we’ll just say 300 million.

Confirmed cases? Under 6 million, per the cdc; right now. Not taking into account the duplicates or possible false positives: Let’s round up to 6 million anyway. For simple math. Since it’s half way through the year, let’s make that “2% of the us population”, 4%, if you’re inclined to to believe the fear mongering media. In one year’ time we POSSIBLY face 4% of the US population contracting this horrible virus. That’s a reasonable projection that is more likely false than positive.

Confirmed deaths; under 200,000 (under 168,000). If that number continues on the above assumptions, we face the projection of 400,000 deaths in “one year” of this pandemic. Pretty close to 1% survival rating even with the liberties of the numbers.

So, recap; 1% of the us population (give or take .9%) in one years time gets the virus. And around 1% (give or take about .5%) could die in a one year time period.

Without a vaccine, But it’s imperative we wear masks and vote by mail and small family owned businesses stay closed while Walmart stays open. And protesting cops is good but protesting Rona regulations are bad. Funerals for said bad cops actions are ok. but going to grandma’s funeral is bad.

I agree it’s not a hoax. It is worse than the “regular” flu. And may be almost as bad as the H1N1 or may be slightly worse. But it’s most certainly being used to push agendas and propaganda. During an election year. When a non politician is creating waves on both sides of the party lines.

But thinking wearing a mask in your own car, by yourself, is the new normal. And thinking opposite of masks, and Rona fear, and political polarizing in every form of media outlooks; is the stupid take in all of this.......

Ok, dudes...............
I have no answer other than take the precautions you deem necessary in your situation. I wear a mask for the benefit of others, whether or not it makes a difference.

It was move in day for USD and unfortunately I had to stop at Hy-Vee. All the old people were wearing masks and maybe 50% of the young students moving in. We're just going to make it through it at this point. Can't stop the planet from spinning.
crazycoffey 12:39 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I have no answer other than take the precautions you deem necessary in your situation. I wear a mask for the benefit of others, whether or not it makes a difference.

It was move in day for USD and unfortunately I had to stop at Hy-Vee. All the old people were wearing masks and maybe 50% of the young students moving in. We're just going to make it through it at this point. Can't stop the planet from spinning.
I’d worry more on the cleaning of their hands and items most touched by other hands, than any mask.

But. Pray tell, what mask were you wearing? the others wearing? all properly worn? or was it just simpleton compliance, with no other thoughts on the matter?

Oh, I see..... it doesn’t matter if the mask works or not.
Attached: 52E65568-A462-4716-8862-94C50D14E522.jpg (30.3 KB) 
MTG#10 07:33 AM 08-16-2020

I’ll help best I can;

So, recap; 2-3% of the us population (give or take .9%) in one years time gets the virus. And around 1% (give or take about .5%) could die in a one year time period.

Ok, dudes...............
Spot on. But no matter how many facts and logic you bring lots of people here will still call you a coronahoaxer. If you don't agree with the world-is-doomed outlook they've been spoonfed from the media you're just a conspiracy theorist in their eyes.
Easy 6 08:12 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
to me, it only seems fair that people inject politics into sport or whatever, considering sports has brought politics into its bubble. not to mention the fact that there are no 'real sports' to talk about in this current climate. Some here whinge just as much if not more than some of the SJW crowd. :-)
You make a very good point here

How do you keep politics out of a discussion when EVERYTHING is political now? Just as you say with sports, it wasn’t the fans that brought politics into it... it was the athletes and the media

Buying a goddamn can of Goya beans has somehow become a political act, there IS no keeping politics out of anything these days

And all the braying about “DC people” rings hollow when coming from some of you - looking at you Stummpy - everyone to the right of you is a Trumptard, so save your bitching for someone who gives a shit
Bowser 08:22 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
To be fair, a thread about Sturgis in August 2020 is going to really be about covid, which of course has a ton of political weight attached. There is plenty of room for legitimate debate about whether Sturgis is really that dangerous or not.

But "lol you idiots the whole thing is a hoax, stop living in fear pussies" is not one of those legitimate positions. It's a bad-faith tactic to gunk up the thread and drown out sensible discussion imo. Or it's just performative trolling nonsense.
99.96% survivability chance for Rona.

"Sensible discussion", or "just performative trolling nonsense"? You decide.
Easy 6 08:23 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
No I'm trying to keep counter-factuals which 100% come from partisan stupidity (like coronahoax) out of the lounge. No one thinks coronavirus is a hoax because of anything but politics. It's a sneaky way of inserting politics w/o directly mentioning politics. Sometimes (but probably not this thread) it's a conscious attempt to get a thread moved to DC where they can swarm it and gum it to death. I'm not even sure if they're being serious or performative about coronahoax. Maybe they don't know either - which basically describes politics in 2020.

patty I used to think you and donger were the same. I didn't agree with either of you on a ton of stuff. But I considered you both to at least be willing to use logic to defend your positions. Somewhere along the line donger stayed with basic respect for facts - while you took the other fork in the road and went into full blown spin mode. Maybe you should put your amazing argumentative skills to work for good for once - like convincing the coronahoax people they're wrong instead of defending them.
:-) Dong the truth teller, yeah you’re not biased at all
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 08:25 AM 08-16-2020
And yet again, another originally interesting thread that now goes into the ignore file.

The football season cannot get here soon enough.:-)
DaFace 09:37 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
And yet again, another originally interesting thread that now goes into the ignore file.

The football season cannot get here soon enough.:-)
There. I fixed it so it's now a proper Deberg thread. You guys can now safely un-ignore the thread that no one has posted in for 7 years.
crazycoffey 10:19 AM 08-16-2020
Random bump. Good memories though.
And now this post looks random as hell....

Don’t answer questions; don’t address the issues. Just mod it to a new thread and everything is “fixed”.

This place has lost its burst

Beryllium
DaFace 10:33 AM 08-16-2020
And now this post looks random as hell....

Don’t answer questions; don’t address the issues. Just mod it to a new thread and everything is “fixed”.

This place has lost its burst

Beryllium
What are your suggestions? You're in charge. Just note that you have to be specific. Fuzzy guidelines just end up with people bitching incessantly.
crazycoffey 10:42 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
What are your suggestions? You're in charge. Just note that you have to be specific. Fuzzy guidelines just end up with people bitching incessantly.
I’m in charge? Then delete it all and post a notice to go to DC or the Rona threads for that crap, or let it play its course where it started and maybe not be such a sensitive CP deity when confronted.

But I really don’t care. Like most of us, I just post to make myself laugh most the time or laugh at others. Are you not entertained? Let the bitches bitch.
DaFace 10:46 AM 08-16-2020
I’m in charge? Then delete it all and post a notice to go to DC or the Rona threads for that crap, or let it play its course where it started and maybe not be such a sensitive CP deity when confronted.

But I really don’t care. Like most of us, I just post to make myself laugh most the time or laugh at others. Are you not entertained? Let the bitches bitch.
"Delete it all" isn't specific. That's my issue with the CONSTANT bitching these days. Everyone wants to bitch, but no one really has any solutions.

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place has been a net negative on my life for a while now, so I'm gone for at least a little while and maybe forever. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.
crazycoffey 10:47 AM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
"Delete it all" isn't specific. That's my issue with the CONSTANT bitching these days. Everyone wants to bitch, but no one really has any solutions.

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place is a big drain on my happiness. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.
Control what you can control. Come back happier.
Page 11 of 29
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up