ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 24
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:08 PM 09-13-2023
Wow. Live action clone wars. Real clone troopers. Stunning.

AHSOKA HAS CALLED A BIG ONE!!! :-)

Spellbinding stuff.

Anakin was great.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 PM 09-13-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
When I was watching her performance, I thought she wasn't just acting like she was just playing Ahsoka. She was playing Rosario Dawson playing Ahsoka which was incredible. The way she spoke and the sound of her voice sounded so similar, just in the voice and the body of a teenager. I was really impressed.
Yes. Exactly how I felt.

There might be some potential here for a live-action Clone Wars spinoff. The de-aging tech is working REALLY well now.

Anakin parts makes me wish they could re-shoot the prequels. :-)

I'd LOVE to see a no-suit Vader.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:23 PM 09-13-2023
They're like poetry

Spoiler!

Also pretty sure "get close to one of the big ones" was an ESB reference? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:30 PM 09-13-2023
:-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:40 PM 09-13-2023
WAIT, THE KID'S FUCKING NAME IS JACEN?!?

:-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:32 AM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ariana Greenblatt. She played Young Gemorah in Infinity War/Endgame. She was excellent
That's awesome. Thought she looked familiar but couldn't pinpoint it. She was awesome as Ahsoka. She was also in 65 which is where I recognized her from.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:35 AM 09-14-2023
It was a great episode, make live action stories or series with Hayden Christensen and that young actress that played Ahsoka more often imo. Seems like the future of Star Wars goes through the Clone Wars story arcs so as long as they don't selfishly milk every ounce out of it and cheapen the overall narrative, I say Ahsoka is your torch bearer for the forseeable future. Mandalorian hit it's peak in Season 2 so we'll see how long this can go on for.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's how you do an episode.

She was excellent.

Even the fight with Rosario and Anakin was a lot better. Still suffers a lot of technical failures, but at least they were moving and managing distance.

Hopefully it's building momentum and not blowing it's load.
They made Anakin look a LOT more fierce than Ahsoka has looked throughout this series.

That savagery I've been mentioning clearly existed with Anakin. The strikes had intent behind them and there was speed to burn with everything he did.

Yeah, it was the best fight thus far, but I do think it made me suspend disbelief a little - she still looked noticeably overmatched when you just look at the respective abilities and it just took her being defensive the entire time to make it look even semi even.

Not sure how they made Anakin look that dynamic but I still think they do Ahsoka a disservice in how they're mapping out her fights.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 09-14-2023
It's probably just Hayden being passionate about doing those duels to the best of his abilities.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM 09-14-2023
Lando movie coming

pic.twitter.com/P2yw5IJt3y

— Billy Dee Williams (@realbdw) August 1, 2023

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:29 AM 09-14-2023
Gonk Droid movie coming in 2030.

And accidentally downvoted that. My bad.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:27 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They made Anakin look a LOT more fierce than Ahsoka has looked throughout this series.

That savagery I've been mentioning clearly existed with Anakin. The strikes had intent behind them and there was speed to burn with everything he did.

Yeah, it was the best fight thus far, but I do think it made me suspend disbelief a little - she still looked noticeably overmatched when you just look at the respective abilities and it just took her being defensive the entire time to make it look even semi even.

Not sure how they made Anakin look that dynamic but I still think they do Ahsoka a disservice in how they're mapping out her fights.
I need to rewatch the fight, but I think, especially early on it was purposeful. Remember she said "I won't fight you." So it makes sense she was defensive. It wasn't until after the flashback, after he disarmed her, that she got mad. And I will say when she yoinked his lightsaber and held it at his neck, I was like GODDAMN.

So I think there is an argument to be made that she was just blocking his attacks and it wasn't until she lost her weapons and he was going to kill her that she entered the fight in earnest.

And I probably wasn't clear, I really appreciate the story arc. Her needing to accept her place in life rather than trying to compartmentalize Anakin away, as well as the relationship to and responsibility for the padawans. I won't lie, I was pretty eye-rolly with her scenes with Sabine, but I appreciate it much more now, and I'm excited to get them back together. It needed patience, but as of today, I'm happy.
[Reply]
srvy 12:50 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Lando movie coming

Good Lord BDW is 86 surely he is just a spokesperson but not playing thecharacter.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 02:06 PM 09-14-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Good Lord BDW is 86 surely he is just a spokesperson but not playing thecharacter.

Perhaps he'll just do a voiceover narration or something. Kind of like Morgan Freeman, only suave. :-)
[Reply]
srvy 02:13 PM 09-14-2023
I would hope lol

Did they not learn from the most recent Indiana Jones.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 24
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up