View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 185 of 343
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195235285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:02 PM 09-29-2022
He could prob be a stud right tackle if he would accept it
although defenses would still come at him in the passing game
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
He could prob be a stud right tackle if he would accept it
although defenses would still come at him in the passing game
Even at RT, this teams need pass blocking. OBJ won’t accept a move and I’m not sure we’d want him to unless he’s going to take massive lowering of his salary.

If he weren’t asking to be the highest paid player at his position I’d probably be a bit more patient but I just can’t. The guy wants to be #1. So play like it or GTFO.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:09 PM 09-29-2022
One good thing is the Chiefs have money next Spring. They also have 12 draft picks.

It’s a tough situation but they do have the resources to attack the position.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:42 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even at RT, this teams need pass blocking. OBJ won’t accept a move and I’m not sure we’d want him to unless he’s going to take massive lowering of his salary.

If he weren’t asking to be the highest paid player at his position I’d probably be a bit more patient but I just can’t. The guy wants to be #1. So play like it or GTFO.
Yeah - we're not a 'put a road grader in at RT' team.

Conventionally that's the offense's strong side and where your TE is going to line up. And conventionally your TE lines up in-line and can aid in that pass blocking assignment.

But ain't ANY of that the case for us. We don't line up our TE inline terribly often. And we don't even use a strong-side run bias so there's no benefit to us having a more powerful straight line blocker in there.

We just aren't a team that can alter how it treats LT and RT that much. We need bookends who can pass block - period.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:17 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he gave up one sack in 588 pass plays last year

if he plays this season i bet fat orlando doesn't get his job back - he'll be begging to take wylie's spot to salvage his career
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What's wrong with this guy? :-) Referring to Geron Christian
[Reply]
Rausch 05:17 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

We just aren't a team that can alter how it treats LT and RT that much. We need bookends who can pass block - period.
So we have the play on the field issue and the value issue.

I know this: Hill is closer to the no 1 WR in the NFL than Brown Jr. is to the best LT. Hill didn't get the money here and BJ won't either.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:21 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - we're not a 'put a road grader in at RT' team.

Conventionally that's the offense's strong side and where your TE is going to line up. And conventionally your TE lines up in-line and can aid in that pass blocking assignment.

But ain't ANY of that the case for us. We don't line up our TE inline terribly often. And we don't even use a strong-side run bias so there's no benefit to us having a more powerful straight line blocker in there.

To be fair IMO we need an in line TE behind Kelcee. I think Reid would like to employ that and the talent just isn't there at the moment. It would open up a whole lot with a legit TE to pair with Kelcee as he nears the end. Hell, the Pats showed what two weapons at TE can do to NFL defenses. I'd love to see us steal that. I'd also love to see us able to run the football better and not have to sacrifice having a legit pass catcher at the position.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:22 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
One good thing is the Chiefs have money next Spring. They also have 12 draft picks.

It’s a tough situation but they do have the resources to attack the position.
I'd love to see us lock up the book ends this year but according to the talking heads this isn't the best draft at tackle...
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:29 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'd love to see us lock up the book ends this year but according to the talking heads this isn't the best draft at tackle...
There's a couple of premier pass blockers coming out this year. I don't know how deep the class will end up being but it doesn't look that bad.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:05 PM 09-29-2022
There's a couple of premier pass blockers coming out this year. I don't know how deep the class will end up being but it doesn't look that bad.
Slater is one of the best I'd seen coming out in a while and he went #13 overall.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Slater is one of the best I'd seen coming out in a while and he went #13 overall.
Because teams get weird about certain things. In Slater’s case, I believe it was arm length.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:20 PM 09-29-2022
Don’t recall how Christian Darrisaw was regarded before the draft? Would have been in easy trade up range and he’s apparently looking pretty good so far for Minnesota.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:43 PM 09-29-2022
Because teams get weird about certain things. In Slater’s case, I believe it was arm length.

With proper scouting you can get a good LT in the draft. Chiefs should have the ammo to move up to get one they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
scho63 10:59 PM 09-29-2022
Is it possible that Brown already knows KC won't pay him what he wants so he is just trying to make it through the season and doesn't give a shit?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:40 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
What's wrong with this guy? :-) Referring to Geron Christian
We signed the guy for peanuts to be a backup, and even then, we made him "compete" for that job with Roderick Johnson in training camp.

I get it... we're all sour on OBJ right now. So am I. Nobody watched the Texans last year, and there wasn't enough in preseason for any of us to make an accurate read on this guy. I'm just saying... it's pretty rare that great LTs can just hide like that in plain sight. You can do that shit with RBs, Gs, CBs... hell, even WRs sometimes slip through the cracks and play on shitty free agent contracts before breaking out. The LT position is really hard to pull a fast one like that.
[Reply]
Page 185 of 343
« First < 85135175181182183184185 186187188189195235285 > Last »
Up