Page 49 of 103
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:30 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I don't know if its me or what I think Walker ends up in right field.
Seems he would have the arm for it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:38 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
How does offloading Bader get Walker a clearer path?
Marcellus already responded, but basically Carlson is now the only one who is locked into an OF position for the foreseeable future.

I’d personally keep O’Neil, but I’m not sure if FO would be keen on keeping him as his price goes up with arbitration. That leaves LF and RF as possibilities for Walker to play instead of being locked in at 3B or 1B and blocked by Arenado or Goldschmidt.

As it stands, the only guys in front of him now are Dickerson and Noot, which I’d argue he will be a better option than both moving forward.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:46 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Marcellus already responded, but basically Carlson is now the only one who is locked into an OF position for the foreseeable future.

I’d personally keep O’Neil, but I’m not sure if FO would be keen on keeping him as his price goes up with arbitration. That leaves LF and RF as possibilities for Walker to play instead of being locked in at 3B or 1B and blocked by Arenado or Goldschmidt.

As it stands, the only guys in front of him now are Dickerson and Noot, which I’d argue he will be a better option than both moving forward.
You’d argue that Jordan Walker would be a better option than Corey Dickerson? That’s pretty bold.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And Carlson just hit a 2 run homer after making a great catch to end the previous inning.
he has been playing a respectable CF. Sometimes he makes great catches. He can handle the position. If he becomes more consistent at the plate, he can be a positive spot in the lineup.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:52 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
DJ must be working on a really long really angry post.................
I was just thinking that. We're about to get an 8 page manifesto about Mo and his despise for all things Cardinal FO related.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 PM 08-02-2022
I was just thinking that. We're about to get an 8 page manifesto about Mo and his despise for all things Cardinal FO related.
And most on here will be nodding….. preach DJ, preach. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 PM 08-02-2022
Just heard on tonight’s broadcast of the game that Carlson was told by the Cardinals over the weekend that he was going to remain a Cardinal.

Really Mo? Willing to trade Walker but not Carlson for Soto?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:58 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Just heard on tonight’s broadcast of the game that Carlson was told by the Cardinals over the weekend that he was going to remain a Cardinal.

Really Mo? Willing to trade Walker but not Carlson for Soto?
I don't get it. He's a nice player, but that's all he is. Slightly above average offense, and passable D in center.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:03 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I don't get it. He's a nice player, but that's all he is. Slightly above average offense, and passable D in center.

I have been critical of the Carlson to Beltran comps, but it tracks. pic.twitter.com/48fgVBsM1t

— DannyGoFisch (@gourley4P) August 2, 2022

[Reply]
VAChief 05:30 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he has been playing a respectable CF. Sometimes he makes great catches. He can handle the position. If he becomes more consistent at the plate, he can be a positive spot in the lineup.
He’s been better than I thought out there in CF. His bat is a lessor drain on the line up out there long term. I would prefer a healthy Bader out there long term as I think with the DH he is a perfect number 9 hitter, but I don’t abhor the move, especially short term since plantar fasciitis can be a bear to get rid of quickly
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
He’s been better than I thought out there in CF. His bat is a lessor drain on the line up out there long term. I would prefer a healthy Bader out there long term as I think with the DH he is a perfect number 9 hitter, but I don’t abhor the move, especially short term since plantar fasciitis can be a bear to get rid of quickly
Isn't plantar fasciitis what started the decline of Pujols health?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 AM 08-03-2022
Either that or he's just thrown in the towel, as I have. If management doesn't give a fuck, why should I?

I haven't attended a game in years, at Busch or Wrigley. Every time I'd attend a game, they'd fucking lose. I don't even watch them on TV anymore.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 08-03-2022
Nope. Not even mad.

They're somebody else's problem now.

Congrats to the prospect hoarders and the BFIB who are always so concerned about Bill DeWitt's pocketbook. Once again, Bill's vacation houses won out over the pursuit of a championship.

I'm sure he'll let you look at some pictures if you google them. So you've got that going for you.

I'm done with 'em. This franchise is what it is and I want no part of it.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:50 AM 08-03-2022
Not getting Soto is a disappointment but this is still the best lineup we’ve had in awhile. MO needs to quit being cheap with starting pitching if anything. Walker and Winn look like the real deals but we’ll see.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Not getting Soto is a disappointment but this is still the best lineup we’ve had in awhile. MO needs to quit being cheap with starting pitching if anything. Walker and Wynn look like the real deals but we’ll see.
John Mozeliak is going to be the same GM who makes the same decisions he's made for the last 10 years. And at the direction of the same ownership group.

Stop with the "Mo needs to X" stuff. It's not happening.

You can either accept this organization for what it is - which is to say you can embrace their approach of the last 10 years. Or you can vote with your feet.

I'm doing the latter. I'm done giving these people the benefit of the doubt. When someone tries to tell you who they are - listen to them.

Have fun telling yourself what Mozeliak needs to do while they TELL you they are only looking to sneak into the playoffs. With the expanded playoffs, they only care about winning about 86 games and doing just enough to convince you that NEXT time they'll be right there in the mix.

But they won't be. Because this is who they are.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 103
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Up