Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:14 PM 12-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
X-Rays on the collarbone of #Chiefs RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire were negative. He’ll have an MRI tomorrow to determine how serious it is.
Wow great news!
[Reply]
-King- 08:14 PM 12-26-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Trade him to an RB-hungry team and see what we can get for him.
No team is trading anything for him.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:15 PM 12-26-2021
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
He didn't? What's the story?
His x-rays were negative. I assume that means no break.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:23 PM 12-26-2021
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Because today is a good case in point. The majority of posters in the game day thread actually happy he's hurt so they can see more of Gore. Reminds me of the Darwin Thompson days. Backup QB syndrome.
No it isn’t. Running backs play meaningful snaps. Darrel Williams was outstanding in last years playoffs. Not nearly the same as a backup qb who usually doesn’t play enough or we just don’t know how he’ll react once defenses adjust to him.

And nobody is happy he’s injured. Some have just commented that it seems to be the only way we stop trying to make him work instead of acknowledging he hasn’t been close to the best rb on the roster. He just hasn’t been good.

I agree he can be fine as a role player. But he’s got to show a hell of a lot more. And what I see is the guy continues to just plow full speed into holes that don’t exist while gore and Williams make way better decisions. Not a great combo when you don’t have vision on top of lacking breakaway speed or elite power running skills. He has just enough wiggle and power to get a few gainers. But we can’t keep settling for pennies when we need more quarters.
[Reply]
wachashi 12:33 PM 12-30-2021

This one still irritates me. You could drive a dump truck through that cutback lane. Setup the backer and get him committed to the traffic. Plant the foot and cutback. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs41 pic.twitter.com/iD1bTmfwZo

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 30, 2021

[Reply]
Iconic 12:40 PM 12-30-2021
CEH apologists give me flashbacks of Smith and Cassel apologists
[Reply]
scho63 12:44 PM 12-30-2021
Do you finally have your answer Lewdog?

I sure hope so.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:45 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Yup. I got shit on for relying on what my "lying eyes" were telling me whenever I watched CEH. He doesn't do anything special. In fact, you told me that was Spencer Ware in that jersey, I wouldn't bat an eye.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:50 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
You guys are still debating this? CEH is not a JAG, no. He's the Breeland Speaks of running backs.

You act like being a JAG is easy. It's not. CEH proves it's not, because he is not a JAG, he is just being carried like one. He is the Breeland Speaks of running backs. MEH couldn't carry Donnell Bennett's jock and DB wasn't exactly a hall of famer himself.

Thanks for straightening that out for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TEX 12:51 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Trade him to an RB-hungry team and see what we can get for him.
Nobody is going to trade anything for a RB, whose production could be matched by any average RB.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:52 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The STL Rams offense 99-04 model's what we want. It's not complicated and the Chiefs had a variation of that with Kareem.Being a CEH is being a bullshit apologist like the fans who were championing Alex Smith.

Marshall Faulk in the Chiefs offense?
That’s a wet dream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:54 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Iconic:
CEH has fewer excuses though. He has an elite OL, elite QB, really good weapons around him, and an elite HC. He’s also playing a position that translates fairly easily from college to the pros (unlike QB).
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 01:34 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Yeah,and he ran right into the back of Noah Gray,who was probably like,what the hell ? I was impressed with what i saw of Gray on Sunday,esp. his blocking.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:37 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Grey actually has Watt pretty locked up. If Wylie walls off to his left, MEH could've potential squirted for 3.5 yards.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:49 PM 12-30-2021
and Jonathan Taylor is going to be an All Pro. Can you imagine him in this O? Wow..........
[Reply]
Page 66 of 80
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up