ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3160 of 4864
« First < 2160266030603110315031563157315831593160 316131623163316431703210326036604160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:03 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's a fairly decent Plan B though.
And yet it doesn't make hiring your HC to lure a QB any less pathetic.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:03 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I wonder why he didn't go for the fully guaranteed shit that Watson got? He got 165 but he could have gotten 200 or more if he wanted. Is he just being nice or just grabbing what he can fast because in a year they will not try and sign him.

Question is what Watson are they getting? The one that got to 2 SB's or the one we have seen lately. Wilson has never been able to carry a team with his arm, that's why he's never gotten any real MVP consideration. He had Lockett and Metcalf and but now he certainly has worse in Denver for weapons. His best years were with Lynch banging out yards and a very tough defense. He uses his legs less and less as well.

He is certainly much better than what they had but with the youth at QB in the AFC it will tough sledding.
Is Denver better at QB now than the garbage they've been trotting out the last several years? Yes.

Is Denver still (at best) the 3rd best team in this division? Yes.

I mean, some of their fans want to pretend this Wilson thing is Manning all over again. It's not. For a lot of reasons. But the biggest and most important one? When Manning was taking his HGH and putting up all time numbers for Denver from 2012-2014, the QB's he played 6 games a year against were; Matt Cassel, Alex Smith, Matt McGloin, rookie version Derek Carr (maybe a Terrell Pryor game too?), and the best, a declining Phyllis Rivers, who led the league in INT's twice in a 4 year span during that time frame.

So if Wilson was going up against THOSE guys now, yeah, I'd be willing to listen maybe Denver has a legit shot in the AFC West. But as is he's going up against Mahomes (no explanation needed), Herbert (another young borderline generational talent), and a veteran in Derek Carr, who now has a plethora of strong receiving options to throw to (you know, actual accomplished established guys who have done something in the NFL, unlike pie in the sky dreams of Judy and Hamler, etc.). Yeah, he still goes fetal when the pass rush hits, but he probably won't have to worry about that against Denver since their pass rush is dependent on 2 brokedicks, neither of which can seem to stay on the field for a season.

So, yeah, Denver is better off at QB than they were, but the funny thing is . . . . . . . it won't even matter.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:06 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Peyton Manning was 14-13 in the playoffs and got carried to a SB by a defense in 2015.

He was a loser in January and February his entire career until 2015.
Yeah, that looks bad until you realize Manning is tied for 3rd most playoff wins by a QB all-time. Brady is the unicorn with 35, Montana has 16 and then you have Manning, Elway, Young and Bradshaw sitting at 14.

Manning does own the #1 spot for most playoff losses for a QB. Manning is 2nd all time with total playoff games @ 27, while the unicorn has 47. Brady and 47 playoff games is just crazy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:09 AM 09-01-2022
Paying more for a decling Russ over Prime Mahomes. :-) good lord Paton is a disaster
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 AM 09-01-2022
Yeah, that looks bad until you realize Manning is tied for 3rd most playoff wins by a QB all-time. Brady is the unicorn with 35, Montana has 16 and then you have Manning, Elway, Young and Bradshaw sitting at 14.

Manning does own the #1 spot for most playoff losses for a QB. Manning is 2nd all time with total playoff games @ 27, while the unicorn has 47. Brady and 47 playoff games is just crazy.
Holy shit is that true? I just looked it up and it is. Joe Montana is second with 16. Mahomes already has 8. That’s just…wow
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:12 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Andy Reid is a very good coach with some major flaws (game management, an aversion to running the ball, often fails to make good adjustments after his opening script runs out). He wins a lot of regular season games and gets his team high seeds in the playoffs, but he gets outcoached a lot once he's in the playoffs.

Denver has:

A more talented team
A much better GM
A bottomless bag of cash
Where is this "talent". Because everything Iook at, Denver has a below average roster with HUGE flaws. Your GM spent more for a worse QB and has much less draft capital than KC. Veach put clown shoes on Paton. As for the cash. Walmart boy is gonna pocket that just like his family does to their other employees.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:12 AM 09-01-2022
WalRuss told them to back the brinks truck up directly to his local Pizza Hut.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:13 AM 09-01-2022
It's a fairly decent Plan B though.
You’ve seen enough in PS to feel good about the move, eh?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:16 AM 09-01-2022
Oh and I totally agree here... the AFC overall and the AFC specifically has the nucleus of all the young badass QBs right now. Mahomes and Herbert show no signs of slowing down, so regardless of what we want to say about Carr... Wilson could be top notch and he could still be the 3rd best QB in the division.

Deal is, you need a top QB to even have a chance and since Denver selects QBs poorly early in the draft and bypasses guys like Allen... you gotta pay a guy like Wilson that has a good pedigree and is soon to be 34.

The NFL protects QBs more now than they did 20 years ago. So rather than watch QBs limp away at the age of 36-37, we're starting to see them play longer.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers... are those guys now. I would hazard a guess that we'll start to see more QBs playing until their 40.
No, I get why they took their shot. They had to. And EVERYONE knew they were committing to him long term the moment they traded for him. I don't necessarily fault them for that.

In the end, I just don't think it's gonna matter with him being in the same division as Mahomes and Herbert for the rest of his career.

And as to the aging QB thing, yeah, should have mentioned Rodgers too. That was an oversight. Brees couldn't hardly stay on the field his last 2 years in the league. And his YPA dropped significantly his last 2 years over the 2 prior years. But I think guys like Rodgers and Brady are the exception to the rule, not what should be expected by Top QB's as they age, even with a league that goes out of its way to protect them now.

Just my .02 of course.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:16 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You’ve seen enough in PS to feel good about the move, eh?
Regarding starters, you never really see much in preseason. I think there were a number of factors that made 2021 a down year for him, but it was still not a bad season at all.

We know nothing at this point until the games start... and given the narrative around here with scheduling, we'll see how it all ends this year. It's going to be a brutal season with the division, no way around that and even with Wilson, that doesn't guarantee Denver will finish better then 3rd. It is what it is - Chiefs and Chargers are talented.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:18 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
But I think guys like Rodgers and Brady are the exception to the rule, not what should be expected by Top QB's as they age, even with a league that goes out of its way to protect them now.

Just my .02 of course.
I don't disagree. QBs just are not going to start playing 22 years... but, I do think you'll more playing until they're 40 than we have seen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:20 AM 09-01-2022
Don't forget that Rodgers didn't even play until year FOUR. He sat as a healthy scratch for 3 seasons before he ever really took any hits...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:20 AM 09-01-2022
Brinks Truck, Let’s Drive!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:21 AM 09-01-2022
Knowmo...

QB KC
RB Even
WRTE KC
OL KC
DL KC
LB KC
SEC KC
ST KC
COACH KC

:-)...fucking clown shoes put on you.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:23 AM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I've acknowledged that Reid is a very good coach. He obviously has a formula/belief system that leads to a ton of regular season wins. It just doesn't seem to translate into winning Super Bowls.

I mean, going to 9 conference championship games and only coming away with one SB trophy kind of raises red flags. He was outcoached in the Super Bowl he did win, but Mahomes and Reek bailed him out.
Hackett better be good to stand any chance. Andy has always been a master at destroying division rivals that he is familiar with.

Best case Hackett is a solid coach which still isn’t enough
[Reply]
Page 3160 of 4864
« First < 2160266030603110315031563157315831593160 316131623163316431703210326036604160 > Last »
Up