ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 3903
« First < 62112152158159160161162 1631641651661722122626621162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:11 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Not that all of the virus will be gone by 6 months, but it will start to feel normal enough that the freakouts will stop and prices will start to move back up
Oh yeah,

I mean I agree with that, I was of the camp of let the damn thing run it course and just be cautious.

But like I said yesterday the cat is out of the bag now.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:13 AM 03-12-2020
I'd like to see some communications from people that actually have the sickness right now. I'd like to see how many feel like death, how many are slightly sick, etc. I keep reading "oh, most people only experience minor symptoms." Is minor like a common cold or is minor like the full blown flu without hospitalization?
I have family and friends with it. Four people now.

They all report the same basic thing — started feeling crummy/run down, had a high fever that spiked suddenly (39-40 C), took a bunch of Tylenol, slept a day, got a minor sore throat and after a few days it was done.

They are all relatively young/in good shape.

I have read stories from people who went thru the above and then got much worse as well as people who nearly died while a spouse got the sniffles. Seems like there may be two versions but don’t know.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:14 AM 03-12-2020
this really sucks, especially having a disabled daughter who has always had a compromised immune and respiratory system.

super stressful especially with other kids who go to school and both mom and dad working with the public...
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:14 AM 03-12-2020
I know. That's not what I'm requesting. I'm requesting some kind of daily logs from infected people (of all sorts).
Here's the first guy in the US to have it:

My family had something strikingly similar a few weeks later, but I'm not about to say it was COVID-19, it could have been the flu. None of us went to the doctor and we are all recovered now.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
this really sucks, especially having a disabled daughter who has always had a compromised immune and respiratory system.

super stressful especially with other kids who go to school and both mom and dad working with the public...
Dude I forgot about that. Stay safe. Let us know down here if you need anything, more than happy to bring it up to you.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:15 AM 03-12-2020
Can't believe this has happened. How the fuck does a virus cause this much chaos in this day and age with all of our technology?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:17 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Dude I forgot about that. Stay safe. Let us know down here if you need anything, more than happy to bring it up to you.
i really appreciate that buddy.

momma is having a tough time right now worried about it, especially with what we went through a couple months ago...fucking sucks
[Reply]
penguinz 11:19 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Can't believe this has happened. How the **** does a virus cause this much chaos in this day and age with all of our technology?
Because people are stupid. ;-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i really appreciate that buddy.

momma is having a tough time right now worried about it, especially with what we went through a couple months ago...****ing sucks
Yeah, I knew you had some shit going with how scarce you were round these parts and the group text.

Good luck man. Like I said, you need anything just get in touch.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 11:20 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

My family had something strikingly similar a few weeks later, but I'm not about to say it was COVID-19, it could have been the flu. None of us went to the doctor and we are all recovered now.
He shit out his nose for two days? That IS terrifying.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:20 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Can't believe this has happened. How the **** does a virus cause this much chaos in this day and age with all of our technology?
I’m sure the Martians were thinking the same thing...
[Reply]
patteeu 11:21 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Every medical professional in this field is saying that millions are going to be infected. We only have a couple of hundred right now due to us being 3-4 weeks behind in testing. There are probably millions already infected,

There is still no reason to panic. We have all been sick. Sucks for awhile but even the worse ones we have got, we got better in a week. The only at risk population seems to be the elderly and those whose health is already compromised. We have 70 million citizens over 60 years old.We need to take this deadly serious around our elderly family members.
There are consequences for almost everyone if our healthcare resources are overwhelmed.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:23 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

I wonder how many people have gotten it, thought it was just the flu or a bad cold, and went on with their lives?

I guess we should hope for a lot since every non-reported case brings the mortality rate down...
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:24 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
There are consequences for almost everyone if our healthcare resources are overwhelmed.
yeah, he's dumb.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:29 AM 03-12-2020
Meanwhile....
https://youtu.be/LXWVYoBluT4
[Reply]
Page 162 of 3903
« First < 62112152158159160161162 1631641651661722122626621162 > Last »
Up