Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games [increased to 11 games]
Rams Fan 06:35 AM 08-01-2022

Deshaun Watson suspended six games. https://t.co/WfC74deQM6

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
TLO 05:51 PM 08-03-2022

I'm told NFL is appealing for an indefinite suspension that would be a minimum of one year. But perhaps more significant given the structure of Watson's contract, source tells me the NFL's appeal will also include a monetary fine. Money is now a significant part of the equation.

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) August 3, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:51 PM 08-03-2022
Can you imagine what battles CP would be having amongst itself if we were the Browns right now? This entire board would be on fire. It would make the Battle of Tyreek Hill look like a ballet class for 7yr olds.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:59 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Can you imagine what battles CP would be having amongst itself if we were the Browns right now? This entire board would be on fire. It would make the Battle of Tyreek Hill look like a ballet class for 7yr olds.
The George Brett statue would be adorned with scalped bald heads and chunks of goatee hair. Tatters of red and yellow Zumbaz pants would litter the floor. Camaros set ablaze, barely visible through the smoke from the now abandoned BBQ pits....
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:03 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
My only issue is that he was basically suspended last year for his behavior, however he was paid and the monetary punishment should be harsher.
Watson demanded to be traded- that is why he sat out. Information concerning being a serial molester was not public knowledge yet.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:18 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I doubt they touch it. NFLPA wants no part of bringing heat onto the hand that feeds.
The nflpa pushed for 0 games. And indicated they’d sue if the nfl appealed. That says to me that they don’t care if it damages the leagues reputation.

I think they’d absolutely bite the hand that fed them. If it sets a permanent standard that the nfl can no longer arbitrarily dish out punishment. Or if it takes owners leverage away to do whatever the fuck they want without consequence.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:21 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Watson demanded to be traded- that is why he sat out. Information concerning being a serial molester was not public knowledge yet.
wrong...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/12/de...anning-to-play

Originally Posted by :
The Texans do not plan to play quarterback Deshaun Watson during the 2021 NFL season, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Watson is currently facing 22 active civil lawsuits and 10 criminal complaints alleging sexual misconduct. Watson's lawyer Rusty Hardin has previously said that all 22 plaintiffs are lying about Watson’s conduct and that any alleged sexual acts that took place during Watson’s massage appointments were consensual.

The NFL is investigating Watson's conduct as is local police. There is also an open grand jury probe into criminal misconduct.

Despite being currently under investigation, Watson has not been restricted from taking part in team activities by the NFL.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:23 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This could get interesting, the NFLPA may drag the NFL through the mud in an appeal.

I bet they reach a settlement before it goes to arbitration or whatever the appeal process is.
Maybe but I wouldn’t put it past the owners to be this damn clueless. Kraft had the fucking nerve to call the ruling an embarrassment to the league. He’s pushed this “shield” bullshit in the past and I wouldn’t put it past that smug POS trying to go ray rice and demand that the nfl push for a max punishment.
[Reply]
jettio 06:24 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This could get interesting, the NFLPA may drag the NFL through the mud in an appeal.

I bet they reach a settlement before it goes to arbitration or whatever the appeal process is.
Watson is not going to waive nondisclosure on the settled cases. Not easy to make an argument that what Watson did was less wrong than anything attributed to someone else if you do not want the whole story told.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:24 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
My only issue is that he was basically suspended last year for his behavior, however he was paid and the monetary punishment should be harsher.
No he really wasn't. He was refusing to play for the Texans so they sent him home.

He only showed up to force their hand.
[Reply]
Spott 06:26 PM 08-03-2022
If I was a Browns fan, I’d probably set myself on fire.

I think every other fan base and maybe half of the Browns faithful think this is a pretty weak suspension. I bet the NFL will get their year or more suspension out of him one way or another.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:28 PM 08-03-2022
You weren't around during the Herm Edwards to the Pioli era. Those had slugfests
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:33 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The nflpa pushed for 0 games. And indicated they’d sue if the nfl appealed. That says to me that they don’t care if it damages the leagues reputation.

I think they’d absolutely bite the hand that fed them. If it sets a permanent standard that the nfl can no longer arbitrarily dish out punishment. Or if it takes owners leverage away to do whatever the fuck they want without consequence.
The only thing arbitrary is a an arbitrator who says the NFL has no precedent for dealing with someone who has committed acts like Watson and then hands down a ruling that she admits isn't harsher because of prior precedent.

The NFLPA knew that they were ultimately giving the league the final say in these issues. They got more money because of it. No rules of the game have been changed after the fact and this is the game everyone signed up for.

I don't think it's particularly easy doling out punishment as Goodell has been expected to do and lord knows he's made his mistakes. The point of the arbitrator was to produce a more transparent and fair system, but when that arbitrator essentially finds a subject guilty and then points to the prior flawed precedented in determining punishment, the circularity of it is comical.

Good for the NFL for not letting this stand. It was a ridiculous recommendation/ruling to begin with.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:36 PM 08-03-2022
Habitual sex offender

Absolute sexual predator

An extremely long list of sexual assault victims

6 game suspension :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:38 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
No he really wasn't. He was refusing to play for the Texans so they sent him home.

He only showed up to force their hand.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=201

Here's another...

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...0against%20him.

And another:

https://sportsnaut.com/deshaun-watso...l-return-2022/

Originally Posted by :
Given the Texans don’t want to risk Watson getting hurt by playing and he is happy to never play for the franchise again, the Commissioner’s Exempt list doesn’t need to be used. Watson is still getting paid and is out of the spotlight.
Watson refusing to play was well before the allegations became public. He would have been traded and played if not for the allegations. The Texans then didn't want him to be injured and have the blowback from the allegations by the media and public for playing him. Yes, if it weren't for the allegations he would have played a full year somewhere last year. He basically got a 23 game suspension, however, he was paid last year. The monetary mitigation should be higher, but he has sat out over a year due to this situation.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:40 PM 08-03-2022
Herm: "Don't hit send." Maybe more for Antonio Brown
[Reply]
Page 14 of 25
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up