ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Players can wear guardian caps in game now
morphius 01:49 PM 04-26-2024
It looks silly, and will probably take a while to get used to seeing, but it was really just a matter of time for us to go from cool looking helmets to something more protective. I'm going to hate watching them bobbing around the field for a while though.
[Reply]
scho63 01:56 PM 04-26-2024
Can wait for some funny bounces when the football hits the helmet.
[Reply]
wazu 02:04 PM 04-26-2024
I definitely want Mahomes wearing one.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:11 AM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah this is the right approach

And nobody would call Pat anything bad. Maybe he and some other stars will make them catch on outside of practice and situations like Daface referenced
[Reply]
loochy 12:18 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Then we'll have 12 year old kids wearing them to school just because mahomes wore one.

Kind of like kids now and the arm sleeves and leg sleeves
[Reply]
BWillie 07:01 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
Then we'll have 12 year old kids wearing them to school just because mahomes wore one.

Kind of like kids now and the arm sleeves and leg sleeves
Now that you mention children, pretty much all high schools and middle schools should have kids wearing these things in organized football.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:16 PM 04-26-2024
I don't know how I feel about this. I find myself to be relatively young at age 31, and this to me makes the look of the game feel like it will be odd/weird?? Then again, who am I to bitch about what I'm viewing on another players helmet, and I am probably more or less going to get used to this new change when watching games. I'm just imaging though a bunch of oversized heads out there hitting eachother.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:17 PM 04-26-2024
I assume they arent heavy and dont throw off your equilibrium? Either way I feel like QB may not be a position to utilize them on where precision of timing is at a premium
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:01 PM 04-26-2024
I guess teams will save a few dollars not having to put logos on the helmets.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:08 PM 04-26-2024
I just can't see the logic in one player wearing a padded helmet calling another player wearing a larger padded helmet a pussy.
[Reply]
KCJake 03:09 PM 04-26-2024
I really feel like this is the NFL's way of avoiding lawsuits down the road. "Hey, we offered more protection, the player refused to wear it" kinda thing.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:18 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I really feel like this is the NFL's way of avoiding lawsuits down the road. "Hey, we offered more protection, the player refused to wear it" kinda thing.
Accidently downvoted your post as I was so in agreement with it, but rep.

Totally makes sense.

I bet that is exactly what is going on.
[Reply]
wazu 03:21 PM 04-26-2024
If I'm an established veteran playing anything but RB/WR, I can't imagine not wearing it. Fuck how it looks, you only get one brain. Want to enjoy the majority of your life which comes after retiring from the NFL? Wear the damn thing and give yourself the best chance.

WR/RB I could see not doing it, because it might be an issue for vision in the receiving game.
[Reply]
Spott 03:22 PM 04-26-2024
I’d prefer sombreros.
[Reply]
notorious 03:23 PM 04-26-2024
The best athletes in the world will now look like peewee football players.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up