ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 192
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 07:37 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He told them he was playing LT or wanted to be traded. They traded him.

It was a distinct possibility. At the very least, it's an ongoing distraction.

It seems like you're going to great lengths to defend a position ("the Chiefs will never trade with the Ravens") that was actually proven dead wrong.
I think it was a pretty dumb thing for them to do but it works out great for us so I’m super happy about it
[Reply]
Wallymo 10:14 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
This year's draft to me almost felt like the year the Chiefs drafted Big Fish. No clear cut choice, no one really jumping out as the obvious pick. That was one of the worst years ever to have the #1 pick and Because Chiefs. This year, no good value picks expected to make it to #31 because of the # of 1st round grades on most boards. I think losing Williams and getting Brown Jr. will be looked back on in a decade as one of the best "hand of fate" moves in a long time. Especially getting the 2nd back in return.
Sometimes life's disappointments turn into blessings. We took Fisher #1 in 2013 because there were no franchise quarterbacks available. The first quarterback taken in 2012 was Andrew Luck, and the first taken in 2014 was Blake Bortles. Had we drafted first in either of those years our qb would either be out of the NFL or Blake Bortles. We also ducked catastrophe in 2016, when we tried to trade up to take Paxton Lynch. Had any of these events occurred, it's unlikely we have Jesus now.

Personally, I think we just ran into the same luck by missing on Williams and getting Brown.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I like calling him that, because it's a "fuck you" this is our guy because no one has an exclusive right to initials.
Those are really his initials though. Nobody uses the Jr. in a monogram, at least not that I know of, because it would separate them from the monograms of the rest of their families.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:22 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think it was a pretty dumb thing for them to do but it works out great for us so I’m super happy about it
Eric Decosta and the Ravens front office have a reputation of being one of the best in the league. They didn't suddenly get stupid.

There was a reason they did this trade and a very good, sound reason at that. Just because we can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We aren't NFL execs, after all.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 04-28-2021
Eric Decosta and the Ravens front office have a reputation of being one of the best in the league. They didn't suddenly get stupid.

There was a reason they did this trade and a very good, sound reason at that. Just because we can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We aren't NFL execs, after all.
For sure.

And I'm hoping it's not because they don't feel he's as good of a player or something else.

They also still make mistakes. Hindsight I think this one proves to be a pretty huge blunder for them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:27 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And we could somehow draft someone with their pick in the 2nd that turns out to be a huge difference maker for us.
That is unlikely in the 2021 draft and Veach even said as much in his press conference, stating that the Chiefs identified only 16 or 17 guys that could make an impact in Week 1.

This is an extremely weird draft. Some of the best prospects haven't played in 2 years. There was no Combine, so there was no standardized 40 times (which is why they're ridiculously fast this year) and since teams can't examine players with injury history, there are huge question marks surrounding each player's medicals.

If you take a look at mock drafts that can be found all over the internet, there's no consensus whatsoever after the first two picks in the draft (Lawrence & Wilson) and any player taken after the 3rd round is going to be a crapshoot. Add to that, this is the smallest draft class in recent history, which makes it even more difficult for teams.

I'm not discounting Veach and the Chiefs scouting department, because they were able to draft some real gems on Day 3 last year but this year, they're facing a metric shit ton of uncertainty, especially considering every team's player rankings will most likely be very different.

The bottom line is that 2021 is probably the best possible year in recent memory to trade a 1st, 3rd & 4th round pick for a proven NFL starter.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That is unlikely in the 2021 draft and Veach even said as much in his press conference, stating that the Chiefs identified only 16 or 17 guys that could make an impact in Week 1.

This is an extremely weird draft. Some of the best prospects haven't played in 2 years. There was no Combine, so there was no standardized 40 times (which is why they're ridiculously fast this year) and since teams can't examine players with injury history, there are huge question marks surrounding each player's medicals.

If you take a look at mock drafts that can be found all over the internet, there's no consensus whatsoever after the first two picks in the draft (Lawrence & Wilson) and any player taken after the 3rd round is going to be a crapshoot. Add to that, this is the smallest draft class in recent history, which makes it even more difficult for teams.

I'm not discounting Veach and the Chiefs scouting department, because they were able to draft some real gems on Day 3 last year but this year, they're facing a metric shit ton of uncertainty, especially considering every team's player rankings will most likely be very different.

The bottom line is that 2021 is probably the best possible year in recent memory to trade a 1st, 3rd & 4th round pick for a proven NFL starter.
Pretty much the case.

Especially with it being at the back of the first.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 04-28-2021

Just to give everyone an idea, in a normal year, there's like 1800 guys that file paperwork for the draft or something like this.

This year it was like 900.

It's a legitimately and literally "thin" draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:31 AM 04-28-2021
They also still make mistakes. Hindsight I think this one proves to be a pretty huge blunder for them.
So, if you were running the Ravens, you'd rather have a 2023 3rd Round Comp pick instead of the #31, #94 and #136 this year along with a 5th rounder next year?

Seriously?
[Reply]
O.city 10:32 AM 04-28-2021
So, if you were running the Ravens, you'd rather have a 2023 3rd Round Comp pick instead of the #31, #94 and #136 this year along with a 5th rounder next year?

Seriously?
I'd have traded him for less anywhere else.

They essentially filled the Chiefs biggest weakness with a potentially huge strength for not much.

You yoursefl said this draft isn't exactly gonna be easy to sparse out. So I'd not want picks in it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 04-28-2021

They essentially filled the Chiefs biggest weakness with a potentially huge strength for not much.

You yoursefl said this draft isn't exactly gonna be easy to sparse out. So I'd not want picks in it.
You're assuming that anywhere else actually offered something of comparable worth.

What if the Chiefs were the only offer or their offer was 200 points higher on the draft value chart?
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 04-28-2021
You're assuming that anywhere else actually offered something of comparable worth.

What if the Chiefs were the only offer or their offer was 200 points higher on the draft value chart?
I'd probably take less.

The Chiefs were in such a shitty spot in regards to LT. I'd have done all I could to keep it that way.

If next year Hill comes and says he wants out or something. Would you be ok trading him to Buffalo?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:37 AM 04-28-2021

Well, agree to disagree.

By holding on to Brown, the Ravens organization would be ruining a lifelong relationship with Orlando Brown's family, along with alienating current and former players, while passing on a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks because the trade might help another team.

Or in other words, you'd rather cut off your nose to spite your face.

That's a bad move, IMO, not only for OBJ but for the franchise in general.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 04-28-2021
NFL teams don't operate out of fear. They're first focus is always on building their own strengths, not reacting to those of their opponents.

Honestly, you can talk all you want about the Ravens giving the Chiefs a left tackle, but in that specific matchup (Ravens vs. Chiefs) LT isn't going to matter at all if they don't find a pass rush.

They lost Judon, Yannick, and Ward and only managed to retain McPhee on a 1-year deal at 33 years old. Tyus Bowser is the only guy left. Derrick Wolfe isn't gonna get it done.

The Ravens obviously don't view playing against Brown as a huge stumbling block. I'm guessing they have a much better idea of why than we do.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:39 AM 04-28-2021
I'd probably take less.
Because you're approaching it like a coward.

As Harbaugh said, they're not afraid of anyone. They're going to do what's best for the team and not worry about other teams. They'll play who they have to play. Players switch teams every year and they still gotta play them. It doesn't matter.

Straight from the horse's mouth as it's been explained to you many times over.

You're still stuck on a false narrative.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 192
« First < 46869293949596 979899100106146 > Last »
Up