ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 192
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:35 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It depends. If Fisher doesn’t get injured he’s on our team for his 9th season here. If Fisher ruptured his Achilles at the beginning of last season, I think he likely comes back as well.
Well yeah, he was injured and cut after 8 years with the Chiefs.

People said Tony Boselli would be a 10 year starter and the guy played for 6 and some change. The list is nearly endless of "10 year guys!" that didn't make it nearly that long.

Again, "Plug him in for the next 10 years!!" rarely happens.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Sorry Dude, again, I just read them. Most people that posted in that thread didn't even know that OBJ existed as a possibility.

Oh, come on! Of course it's a rationalization.

Yeah, but again, that's not based in reality, either. Harbaugh came up with Reid and owes his career to him. He worked with Veach and others in the Chiefs front office and helped to convince Terrell Suggs to report to the Chiefs during the 2019 season after he was cut.

Orlando Brown, Sr. spent his career with the Browns/Ravens and helped out with the team after he retired. They drafted his son in 2018 and as I've stated several times, the Ravens were always going to do OBJ right because of his father and the family's relationship with the team and its owner(s).

Furthermore, why wouldn't the Ravens trade with the Chiefs if they're offering the best compensation? Did you actually expect OBJ to sit on the bench for the entirety of 2021, only to walk in Free Agency, with the Ravens only receiving a 3rd round comp in 2023?

Come on, Dude. Of course the Ravens would take #31, a 3rd, 4th and 2022 5th over a 2023 3rd round draft pick. They can load up their roster this year, which is what the Ravens do each and every year but now, they have more firepower than ever to get their guys.

The "Silver Lining" is unknown. Sure, it's more likely than not that OBJ will be a great addition to the offensive line and the loss of draft picks in a weird 2021 draft isn't a huge, game changing deal.

But again, that's all a rationalization because if Trent Williams had signed with the Chiefs, this wouldn't even have been a discussion. Instead, everyone would be focused on Thursday Night's pick at #31.

Once again, I think this was a great trade for the Chiefs but there's no way I'm going to say that this trade was "better" than signing the best left tackle in the NFL while keeping all of their draft selections.
None of that is false, and yet, the Ravens just allowed the Chiefs to fill their biggest hole relatively cheap. Maybe they were the only team interested, we dont' really know.

But I'm still pretty shocked they traded him here. Ideally, you trade him to the NFC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:37 AM 04-27-2021
Sorry Dude, again, I just read them. Most people that posted in that thread didn't even know that OBJ existed.
Um, that kind of proves my point. Hard to form an opinion about trading for a guy you don't even know exists. To those people, Williams wasn't the best option, he was the ONLY option, so it stands to reason that they weren't talking about Brown.

Oh, come on! Of course it's a rationalization.
You left off the qualifier, which is clearly very important. You're acting like the Brown trade is a consolation prize rather than a solid plan B. Like instead of getting a first place ribbon, they're getting a participation trophy. It's hardly that. I clearly said it was a rationalization because it clearly is. But it's not a rationalization completely ungrounded in reality. The reality is that trading for Brown and getting a 2nd round pick ended up being a pretty fucking great deal in hindsight.

Yeah, but again, that's not based in reality, either. Harbaugh came up with Reid and owes his career to him. He worked with Veach and others in the Chiefs front office and helped to convince Terrell Suggs to report to the Chiefs during the 2019 season after he was cut.

Orlando Brown, Sr. spent his career with the Browns/Ravens and helped out with the team after he retired. They drafted his son in 2018 and as I've stated several times, the Ravens were always going to do OBJ right because of his father and the family's relationship with the team and its owner(s).

Furthermore, why wouldn't the Ravens trade with the Chiefs if they're offering the best compensation? Did you actually expect OBJ to sit on the bench for the entirety of 2021, only to walk in Free Agency, with the Ravens only receiving a 3rd round comp in 2023?

Come on, Dude. Of course the Ravens would take #31, a 3rd, 4th and 2022 5th over a 2023 3rd round draft pick. They can load up their roster this year, which is what the Ravens do each and every year but now, they have more firepower than ever to get their guys.
It really doesn't matter if the opinion is based on reality or not. People thought the Ravens would refuse to trade with the Chiefs. Realistic or not, that opinion precludes them from forming an opinion on whether or not actually trading for Brown would be a good deal, compared to the Trent Williams option or by itself. They simply weren't considering it and again, reality has nothing to do with it. the reality is that they never thought it would happen so they failed to form an opinion at all.

The "Silver Lining" is unknown. Sure, it's more likely than not that OBJ will be a great addition to the offensive line and the loss of draft picks in a weird 2021 draft isn't a huge, game changing deal.

But again, that's all a rationalization because if Trent Williams had signed with the Chiefs, this wouldn't even have been a discussion. Instead, everyone would be focused on Thursday Night's pick at #31.
Of course it's an unknown. Who said it wasn't? I mean if you want to talk about "unknowns" Trent Williams could get hurt tomorrow and miss 4-6 games next season, which he has actually done 4 times in a 10 year career. He hasn't played a full season since 2015, so if we're going to hang our hats on hypotheticals, we really have to consider all of them. I didn't feel that was a valid argument against bringing him in but it would intellectually dishonest to exclude it from discussion when comparing it to the Brown trade because it's absolutely part of the pro/con discussion.

Once again, I think this was a great trade for the Chiefs but there's no way I'm going to say that this trade was "better" than signing the best left tackle in the NFL while keeping all of their draft selections.
I really think you're getting hung up on semantic or technicalities. Everybody here knows that Williams was the first choice. On paper, right now, it would have been better to sign Williams and keep our draft picks.

That being said, we don't know the future. The Brown trade could be a huge bust and Williams plays for another 4 years, making it by far the better of the two options.

The alternate could happen though too. Wiliams could get injured or something and Brown could go on to make 6 Pro Bowls in 8 years as a Chief, making the Brown trade clearly superior.

That's all anybody is doing - speculating on what COULD be, not what is - including you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 04-27-2021
FYI if anybody wants to see how Brown compares to some of the other options, here's that chart again.

Clearly Williams is in a class almost all of his own. Brown is a pretty sizable upgrade over Fisher or just about anybody else we could have gotten, though.

Not so sure I'd want to franchise someone in this position on this chart. pic.twitter.com/usw6TgcEJn

— Seth Walder (@SethWalder) March 12, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:04 PM 04-27-2021
Orlando's run block win rate is going to skyrocket playing in a pass-first offense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:10 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
None of that is false, and yet, the Ravens just allowed the Chiefs to fill their biggest hole relatively cheap.
Ok....and the Chiefs just gave the Ravens a 1st round draft pick. The Ravens, one of the best drafting teams in the league, now has two 1st round picks.

The Chiefs helped the Ravens get better too. For all we know, we just gave them the keys to a player that could help them beat their kryptonite.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:18 PM 04-27-2021
I think some of the confusion is from 810 honestly. Petro's show started like minutes after OBJ was traded for. The first thing he says was that he got a text from Eager saying he's a top tier pass blocker and a bad run blocker. Then Adam Teicher gets on and says Brown is 26.

I heard them repeat these errors all day and then had friends repeat those errors to me later.
[Reply]
WarChiefs89 12:23 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ok....and the Chiefs just gave the Ravens a 1st round draft pick. The Ravens, one of the best drafting teams in the league, now has two 1st round picks.

The Chiefs helped the Ravens get better too. For all we know, we just gave them the keys to a player that could help them beat their kryptonite.
To be fair you should say, the Chiefs allowed the Ravens to move up 27 spots in the draft and add some day 3 picks which we all know are pretty unlikely to end up as impact players. I'm absolutely blown away that so many people are debating Silverdick, the Ravens getting an extra 1st, etc. Who cares?

The Chiefs were 14-2 last year and went to the Super Bowl. We are the class of the NFL for 3 years straight. And this team made MASSIVE strides forward in both quality and depth across the O-Line without losing any key players off our roster. And we still have two top 64 picks later this week. I think the rest of the AFC is shitting their pants at the prospects of going through Arrowhead again next year.
[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

The Ravens now need a T, same as KC before the draft and KC didn't wanna draft one early because of whatever reason.

It's back to the whole known/unknown.

Brown had clearly made it clear that he wasn't playing RT so they were kind of in a pickle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 04-27-2021
The Ravens now need a T, same as KC before the draft and KC didn't wanna draft one early because of whatever reason.

It's back to the whole known/unknown.

Brown had clearly made it clear that he wasn't playing RT so they were kind of in a pickle.
The Ravens need a right tackle and they can now get one that is marginally cheaper and much, much happier than Brown.

Their need and the Chiefs' aren't really even close to the same. There's a ton of guys in this draft that could start at RT for the Ravens right now but wouldn't be able to start for the Chiefs at LT.
[Reply]
O.city 01:06 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Ravens need a right tackle and they can now get one that is marginally cheaper and much, much happier than Brown.

Their need and the Chiefs' aren't really even close to the same. There's a ton of guys in this draft that could start at RT for the Ravens right now but wouldn't be able to start for the Chiefs at LT.
Not that they'll get at 31.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:11 PM 04-27-2021
This is said all too frequently and rarely occurs.

The Chiefs drafted Eric Fisher #1 overall with the expectation that he'll be the left tackle "for the next ten years!".

Fisher lasted 8 years.

Take a look around the league and you'll find very few offensive lineman, especially left tackles, that have been with their team as a starter for 10 years.

It's just Draft Speak.
Ok, cool. 8 years would be great too.

I don't necessarily mean LITERALLY ten years, although with luck it's possible. I mean a long term answer to the second most important spot on your offense.

If you can lock that up, you're in a really good place.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:13 PM 04-27-2021
The Ravens are signing Villan-whatever the fuck, who should fill in just fine for them at RT, since they already have a stud LT.

They don't have a hole there.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:13 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Mmmmhrrmmm
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:15 PM 04-27-2021
Not that they'll get at 31.
They could certainly get a RT at 31.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 192
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up