ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Men's Watch Aficionados
Holladay 11:22 PM 11-27-2022
Just looked at mvmt.com. Interesting.

I am not interested in buying a watch as an investment, just something different.

I think there are other places for investments that has more liquidity and value down the road. Not to say it is not a decent alternate type of investment, just not my purpose.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:23 PM 11-27-2022
And I am having fun with it:-)

That is the main point, really in the end.
[Reply]
scho63 11:24 PM 11-27-2022
I've owned 5 different Raymond Weil watches. Loved them all but in the last 10 years, I have turned into a cheap bastard and don't buy expensive things.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:40 PM 11-27-2022
You. An buy some clone Panerai Marina Militare etc quality varies but they look nice .

Here is mine with strap I made , can easily change bands /manual wind sapphire glass , paid 100$

[Reply]
ChiTown 11:43 PM 11-27-2022
I have some really expensive watches that I don’t wear unless it’s a special occasion. My favorite everyday watch is a Tissot Seastar 2000

I probably have this watch on about 90% of the time. I love it.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:54 PM 11-27-2022
/thread end

Originally Posted by :
I have some really expensive watches that I don’t wear unless it’s a special occasion. My favorite everyday watch is a Tissot Seastar 2000
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2500x2500.

I probably have this watch on about 90% of the time. I love it.
That is a $1k watch that is a daily driver.

I was concerned about beat up Ford Pinto watches, it seems:-)

Again, what makes you happy. I didn't know how passionate men were about their timepieces. I guess I was starting to go down the rabbit hole on watches...
[Reply]
Monticore 05:52 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
/thread end

Again, what makes you happy. I didn't know how passionate men were about their timepieces. I guess I was starting to go down the rabbit hole on watches...
If you want to dive into automatic watches I would recommend a Seiko dive watch (250$ About )in house movement, not the most accurate but durable had mine over 15 years no issues , Seiko has a big after market as well so I was able to replace the mineral face with a sapphire crystal for 10$ , no scratches lots of different band options look nice , you can easily find cheap replacement parts if needed .

[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:15 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
/thread end

Women get diamond rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. I suppose watches are all most men have as far as jewelry.

I doubt I'll ever own a high end watch like Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc., at least not anytime soon, but I do have several watches with swiss movements in the $500-600 range that I'm more than happy with.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:24 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Women get diamond rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. I suppose watches are all most men have as far as jewelry.

I doubt I'll ever own a high end watch like Rolex, Omega, Breitling, etc., at least not anytime soon, but I do have several watches with swiss movements in the $500-600 range that I'm more than happy with.

My favourite is this Marathon GSAR Canadian watch company with Swiss eta 2824. , tritium lume built like a tank feels like high end watch , government issue military/cops etc they do leak into online market paid 700$ with steel bracelet but now they go for 1200$ about on rubber.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:02 AM 11-28-2022
Coolest watch I ever owned was an original Pulsar LED Time date II. Was the original red LED watch where you had to hold down the button to light up the numbers to read the time. The band has a compartment in the clasp that holds a little magnet you use to set the time by holding it against the back of the watch. Bought it on eBay for $212 in 1995.

Dropped it when going through a TSA metal detector and it broke :cry:

You can get some interesting looking vintage watches on ebay for under $200 or even $100, just make sure they are tested and working.

This one seems like a good deal currently at $35 bid.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/16580162135...Bk9SR6aqydCXYQ

Mine was like this, but stainless and not gold:
Attached: Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 10.53.51 PM.png (228.8 KB) 
[Reply]
God of Thunder 01:27 AM 11-28-2022
Ironically, I have a Rolex, Omega, and Panerai. I like the Omega the best.
[Reply]
threebag 02:39 AM 11-28-2022
My son is getting a watch for Christmas, a Tissot
[Reply]
chinaski 07:03 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by threebag:
My son is getting a watch for Christmas, a Tissot
Tissot and Hamilton are great watches.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:25 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Tissot and Hamilton are great watches.
Most of the guts In entry level Swiss watches are the same just like TVs , ETA 2824 and Valjoux 7750 some of the higher end companies modify them but I would the there is no difference between Tissot and Hamilton on the inside are pretty much the same both great watches . Even IWC uses a modified 2824 and 7750 , my Hamilton pilot which I paid 550$ at the time the movement inside was worth 350$ I mean stainless steel is pretty much all the same so I thought it was a good value.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:15 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by :
Everyone I know wears a watch, I feel naked when I forget to wear one.
HUH...

Wow, maybe because it is SO damn hot and humid in FL, they need to know what it is from their wrist not their phone.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up