ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 425 of 432
« First < 325375415421422423424425 426427428429 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Lzen 07:31 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Maybe he needs to play in an open offense like Slimy Cal runs at Kentucky, because I don't really remember a single minute where he was on the court and looked like he knew what he was supposed to be doing.
He did look lost out there at times, especially on defense.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:19 AM 03-30-2023
I'm hearing that McCullar might be coming back, as long as he can work out a decent NIL deal.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:29 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm hearing that McCullar might be coming back, as long as he can work out a decent NIL deal.
We'll take him I'm not sure you can have McCullar, Harris, KJ, and Udeh out there 25+ mpg. We need shooting badly from the portal.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:38 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We'll take him I'm not sure you can have McCullar, Harris, KJ, and Udeh out there 25+ mpg. We need shooting badly from the portal.
People are saying the plan is for KJ to be a super sub. I think they're going to snag a couple proven shooters. Out of the thousands of players that will be in the portal, I don't think it's going to be hard to find a few solid players that want to be instant starters at KU.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:43 AM 03-30-2023
I'm so confused...I thought McCullar was a senior?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:48 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
He can still use a Covid year
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:50 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I would love to have Adams as the 6th man to sub in at either the 4 or 5 depending how the game is going.

Udeh is a much more natural 5, but the game has changed so Adams can still be effective there.

Udeh is also prone to foul trouble, but has a much higher ceiling. Adams being able to be plugged in where needed is the best possible role for him.

He absolutely could be a 6th Man of the Year in the conference.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:25 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Nowadays you get like 15 years of eligibility.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:27 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I would love to have Adams as the 6th man to sub in at either the 4 or 5 depending how the game is going.

Udeh is a much more natural 5, but the game has changed so Adams can still be effective there.

Udeh is also prone to foul trouble, but has a much higher ceiling. Adams being able to be plugged in where needed is the best possible role for him.

He absolutely could be a 6th Man of the Year in the conference.
Adams at the 4 & Udeh at the 5 almost brings us back to the ole high/low offense. Adams can hit a 12-15 shot & is an ok passer.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:39 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Adams at the 4 & Udeh at the 5 almost brings us back to the ole high/low offense. Adams can hit a 12-15 shot & is an ok passer.
I’d just rather have someone who can stretch the defense at the 4. Doesn’t need to be a 40% 3 point shooter, but at least someone you have to respect.

Marcus Adams would likely fit that role nicely.

KJ off the bench to spell either Adams or Udeh, depending on the situation.

That’s my preference at least.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:10 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d just rather have someone who can stretch the defense at the 4. Doesn’t need to be a 40% 3 point shooter, but at least someone you have to respect.

Marcus Adams would likely fit that role nicely.

KJ off the bench to spell either Adams or Udeh, depending on the situation.

That’s my preference at least.
I would prefer that stretch 4 as well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:12 AM 03-30-2023
Never understood why he was apparently leaving in the first place. Don't really with Wilson either tbh, but at least Wilson was a NPOY candidate so he can justify that decision a bit more.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:30 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Never understood why he was apparently leaving in the first place. Don't really with Wilson either tbh, but at least Wilson was a NPOY candidate so he can justify that decision a bit more.
McCullar at least has elite length. Wilson has the production. I think they're probably about the same in terms of draftability. But I know nothing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:38 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Nowadays you get like 15 years of eligibility.
Last year’s 3 man bench (Remy, JCL, and Lightfoot) had a combined 18 years of college experience and 487 career games.

That has to be some sort of record.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:47 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, I was kind of confused as to why people were so sure McCullar was gone.

As for Wilson, he seems to have possibly played himself into the first round and I'm not sure his stock could get much higher. But I don't see why it's a slam dunk for him either, other than the fact that he's apparently been itching to go pro for a few years.

I could actually see Dick returning before Wilson, even though he's projected higher. Dick could earn a few mil in NIL and could play his way into a no-doubt lottery pick, while soaking up another year at the school he dreamed of playing for and competing for a title.

Imagine if a couple of these guys returned and Self adds a few quality transfers. You'd probably be looking at preseason #1.
[Reply]
Page 425 of 432
« First < 325375415421422423424425 426427428429 > Last »
Up