ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 53
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
TinyEvel 10:35 PM 04-14-2017
We've sold our house and our dog over the winter was peeing on the lawn. I bought some grass patch stuff at Lowe's but it grows weak, thin grass. Plus the seed grows grass that's a lighter green than our lawn, we have a thick sod that's a darker green. I'm thinking of going to Grass Pad and asking for the right seed (not sure what I would ask for, any ideas?) and some topsoil and patch the yellow spots myself.

thoughts?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:15 AM 04-16-2017
Green pvc let enough light through?

It's fall down there now, right?
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:15 PM 04-16-2017
the 'green house' roof will be a clear reinforced tarp.

how dare you say 'fall', it's autumn here :-) (i only say that as everytime i used the term 'fall' everyone looks at you like 'what's that').

about to get our first frost soon and all the ivy's are turning red (beautiful colors i might add) we have a great view of town when the leaves turn.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:20 PM 04-16-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
the 'green house' roof will be a clear reinforced tarp.

how dare you say 'fall', it's autumn here :-) (i only say that as everytime i used the term 'fall' everyone looks at you like 'what's that').

about to get our first frost soon and all the ivy's are turning red (beautiful colors i might add) we have a great view of town when the leaves turn.
I see. Cool man. Hope it turns out. I've often thought of putting up a greenhouse but I don't have the labor to pick a lot of veggies.
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:49 PM 04-16-2017
at one point we bought a greenhouse, without my knowledge it turned out to be flimsier than an aluminum can. at least i wont flinch every time a gust of wind comes thru. i got tired of chasing panels in the neighbors yards :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 PM 04-16-2017
LOL.

You know how all the old timey songs talk about the wind swept plains? Yeah. That's my farm.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 PM 04-19-2017
I've got dandelions out the ring tute this year. Any advice on getting rid of them?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:58 PM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've got dandelions out the ring tute this year. Any advice on getting rid of them?
If they're new 2-4D and Dicamba (weed-b-gone) will get them. If they overwintered they're tough sons of bitches to kill.
[Reply]
loochy 07:33 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If they're new 2-4D and Dicamba (weed-b-gone) will get them. If they overwintered they're tough sons of bitches to kill.
Yeah, make sure and take care of it early while the plants are still actively growing. The weedbgon will take care of them easily if you get on it early. If you wait until later, you'll be dealing with nearly fully grown plants and the weedbgon won't work as well. Also, catch them BEFORE they go to seed - do anything you can to limit the amount of seeds they spread. Keep it under control early for a few years and you'll be set for the future.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:35 AM 04-20-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
In the fall, after first good frost, is ideal time to kill them. Crazy how few people do that that have them in their yard. But for now 24d
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:21 PM 04-21-2017
ironically, this green house 'top', would serve well as the greenhouse itself. i've attached the tarps today. in a few days, we will lift it off the yard and back into the corner garden posts. the apex will be approximately ten feet high. :-)
Attached: IMG_0637.JPG (293.9 KB) IMG_0638.JPG (258.2 KB) IMG_0639.JPG (273.0 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 07:23 PM 05-01-2017
I realize I could keep things a little neater and maybe better growth with some trimming. But tomato plants grow like weeds here and missing a week feels like missing a month, so I usually do very little pruning and just let the bush go to town. Here's today.

Tons of cherry tomatoes.

And I thought this was an early girl seed when I planted but these are much bigger than any early girl tomatoes I've every grown. Maybe it just helped getting the plant in the ground earlier this year?

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:05 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I realize I could keep things a little neater and maybe better growth with some trimming. But tomato plants grow like weeds here and missing a week feels like missing a month, so I usually do very little pruning and just let the bush go to town. Here's today.

Tons of cherry tomatoes.

And I thought this was an early girl seed when I planted but these are much bigger than any early girl tomatoes I've every grown. Maybe it just helped getting the plant in the ground earlier this year?

Nice. I love me some tomaterz...
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:31 PM 05-01-2017
Those are some nice looking tomatoes. We just recently got out from damn near 5 feet of snow. My backyard still had a few inches of ice hanging around up until about 2 weeks ago.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:41 PM 05-13-2017
Started painting the house and had to rip out a flower bed, cut it up with the chain saw. Need to add a skirt board to the bottom of the siding, upper right to cover up the dry rot. Replacing the timbers with landscape blocks.

Attached: 20170513_120224.jpg (137.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 12 of 53
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up