ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 323
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official Chiefs VS Colts Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread ****
Mr. Flopnuts 10:23 PM 01-06-2019
You're a bunch of superstitious children. Enjoy the Lamar Hunt trophy game from Arrowhead Stadium 2 weeks from today. Their Luck ran out. Our time is now.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 AM 01-08-2019
The ref assigned to this game is John Hussey..not sure I know who all is on that crew right now...

The Pats Chargers game has that woman that throws 500 flags on their game, fun times guys.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The ref assigned to this game is John Hussey..not sure I know who all is on that crew right now...

The Pats Chargers game has that woman that throws 500 flags on their game, fun times guys.
Chargers are about to get fucked by penalties.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Chargers are about to get fucked by penalties.
I just read a story that she was an alternate and she has been chosen to work that game...I'm sure we all remember her.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:17 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Derek Anderson, Bills

Derek Carr, Raiders

Blake Bortles, Jaguars

Marcus Mariota/Blaine Gabbert, Titans

Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins

Cody Kessler, Jags (loss)

Deshaun Watson, Texans (twice)

Dak Prescott, Cowboys

Eli Manning, Giants

Blaine Gabbert, Titans

Not a single spiral was seen
I have a feeling that zone is going to shit its pants when it sees the sheer velocity Mahomes delivers balls with. That will be new for them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 01-08-2019

Mentioned this to @TJFsports & feel like it gets lost in the #Chiefs discussion.

The #Chiefs are historically bad vs the run. They're basically average vs the pass.

Some numbers: 16th in YPA, 15th in comp%, 12th in QB Rating, 12th in pass D DVOA, 9th vs #1 WRs, 4th vs #2 WRs.

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) January 8, 2019

The reason it feels like the #Chiefs give up a ton of yards is because they've seen a ton of attempts. Those QBs had a 92.7 QB RTG vs. KC. That's the same as Ryan Tannehill.

Opposing QBs have attempted 632 passes vs KC. For context, only Big Ben & Luck threw >632 passes in '18.

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) January 8, 2019

Little context. How the hell are they so bad vs the run? Some of that has to be schematic
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:25 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Little context. How the hell are they so bad vs the run? Some of that has to be schematic
I think it's a combination of things.

1. Our offense goes up quick.....and Sutton abandons run defense to make sure that they aren't passing all over us.

2. Lack of discipline by the players on this defense to hit the gaps like they're supposed to.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 01-08-2019
Yeah, I think there's some "go ahead and run it on us" in there but fuck man they give up a lot. I mean, even if you feel that way, atleast be bad at it, not historically bad.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:27 AM 01-08-2019

The @Chiefs are 0-6 in home playoff games since 1994. We know. Well, this one's for Lin Elliott. For Marty. For the thousands of Chiefs fans who can't sleep this week. @PSchrags says it's going to be OK. Those teams... those teams didn't have @PatrickMahomes5. @ArrowheadPride pic.twitter.com/dGBIxxnri0

— GMFB (@gmfb) January 8, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 01-08-2019
Yeah, I think there's some "go ahead and run it on us" in there but fuck man they give up a lot. I mean, even if you feel that way, atleast be bad at it, not historically bad.
I remember Collinsworth basically saying Reid told him he he doesn’t give a fuck about run d.

“There’s not much correlation to winning and run d” I believe the quote was.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 01-08-2019
When your best players are guys like Chris Jones and Dee Ford, you're going to get run on. They're focused on getting up the field as quickly as possible.

You end up with offensive linemen getting a free release on the ILB's, who are overmatched already (especially Ragland).

A little gap discipline would go a LONG way to helping this run defense. Then again, how do you tell Chris Jones to tone it down when he set an NFL record for sacks this season?
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I remember Collinsworth basically saying Reid told him he he doesn’t give a **** about run d.
Not caring about it and being historically bad at it though are 2 different things.

Atleast be competent at it. Not even good. Hell, bad would be ok.
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
When your best players are guys like Chris Jones and Dee Ford, you're going to get run on. They're focused on getting up the field as quickly as possible.

You end up with offensive linemen getting a free release on the ILB's, who are overmatched already (especially Ragland).

A little gap discipline would go a LONG way to helping this run defense. Then again, how do you tell Chris Jones to tone it down when he set an NFL record for sacks this season?
DJLN and I had this conversation recently, but they need to get in his ear about it. I know Jones is awesome and can make big plays, but he can't just play for broke every play. I think he needs to pick his spots a little more.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 01-08-2019
Not caring about it and being historically bad at it though are 2 different things.

Atleast be competent at it. Not even good. Hell, bad would be ok.
Oh I agree, I’m just confirming your theory about them letting teams run the ball.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:39 AM 01-08-2019
That's what makes this offseason weird in my eyes. It's like they sold out to stop the run this offseason.....and it's just complete shit. My thoughts are that they thought that Mahomes and this offense wasn't going to be THIS good THIS quick but damn.....the run defense is fucking historically bad.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:41 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
That's what makes this offseason weird in my eyes. It's like they sold out to stop the run this offseason.....and it's just complete shit. My thoughts are that they thought that Mahomes and this offense wasn't going to be THIS good THIS quick but damn.....the run defense is fucking historically bad.
What did they really do, though? Hitchens was just a failure of a FA signing, Speaks doesn't get to play enough, and Nnadi actually looks competent.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 323
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up