ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 378
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:44 AM 03-07-2023
Huh. That gun flashing on Instagram may cost Morant 50 games. It's an automatic 50 game suspension if a firearm is brought on team premises. That includes the airplane, which Morant almost assuredly did to get that gun to Denver.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:54 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Huh. That gun flashing on Instagram may cost Morant 50 games. It's an automatic 50 game suspension if a firearm is brought on team premises. That includes the airplane, which Morant almost assuredly did to get that gun to Denver.
From the video above it looks like he might fly private with his family. His drinking and partying might have saved him on this one. It’s gonna be hard to prove he ever had the gun on team premises from an Instagram video in a club. It’s just a case of Twitter being Twitter.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:25 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Gilbert brought a gun to his LOCKER ROOM without a license to carry in the District of Columbia so he committed a felony. I don’t see the league using that case as a “precedent” considering there are some major differences. Mainly there not being any “victim” as Ja was just flashing the gun on social media. Gilbert was in a feud with his teammate when he brought the gun to the locker room. That’s obviously a huge difference.
Do you think his gun is registered or licensed? What are the odds on that? My guess is his suspension is the culmination of everything that has happened around him in the last month or so. The NBA probably told Memphis do something or we will.

And for the record this is all in the CBA.

Originally Posted by :
NBPA Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article IV, Section 9a (paraphrased): Players shall not possess a firearm at a team or League venue or facility, including when a player is traveling on NBA-related business. So, carrying the pistol on the plane is a violation.

Section 9c says Violation of Section 9a is 'conduct prejudicial' under Article 35(d) of the NBA Constitution and Bylaws.

Constitution Section 35(d) (paraphrased): the Commissioner has the power to suspend for a definite or indefinite period, a player who in his opinion shall have been guilty of conduct prejudicial.

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 01:24 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Do you think his gun is registered or licensed? What are the odds on that? My guess is his suspension is the culmination of everything that has happened around him in the last month or so. The NBA probably told Memphis do something or we will.

And for the record this is all in the CBA.
Memphis is in Tennessee so I don’t know what the odds of it have to do with anything since it’s not required. The issue is you all are assuming he carried the gun on a plane. While, yes, that is very likely, it’s much harder to prove that is the case in an actual investigation. The league won’t take Ja out of the playoffs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:01 PM 03-07-2023
If Scott Foster was a wrestling ref

Why? pic.twitter.com/lMDtuNfsKq

— Wrestling News (@WrestlingNewsCo) March 2, 2023

[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:03 PM 03-07-2023

Bron got a custom chain commemorating his scoring title 👑🧊

(via eliantte/IG) pic.twitter.com/BECv117VgS

— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 7, 2023

Need it. One of you should get this for me for my birthday.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:03 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If Scott Foster was a wrestling ref

Him and Jokic last night :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:54 PM 03-07-2023

? pic.twitter.com/3oZXGWQkJ8

— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) March 8, 2023

[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 PM 03-07-2023
The Thunder are gonna make the playoffs!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:09 PM 03-08-2023

Just in: Glendale, Colorado police has closed its investigation into Grizzlies star Ja Morant with no charge or crime: “There was not enough available evidence to charge anyone with a crime.” Full release: pic.twitter.com/Ng0uYdoLpp

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 8, 2023

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:20 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The Thunder are gonna make the playoffs!
I finally gave in to all their winning and began cheering for the wins. Do I want Victor, Scoot, or one of the Thompsons? Yeah. Am I ok with winning now, if they're ready? I guess I need to be, because it's happening.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:22 PM 03-08-2023
lol that gun in the ocean and everyone around him turned blind. Hopefully he grows up from this and when he comes back soon he quits acting like a wannabe thug.

In addition: Glendale, Colorado Police say the department did not find witnesses or complainants who could conclusively state a gun was present by Ja Morant, and that “a video alone is not enough to bring charges.” https://t.co/N9BpiJ1CRc

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) March 8, 2023

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:26 PM 03-08-2023
Looks like Ja will miss the next 4 games and be back for the last month to get everyone on the same page for the playoffs. I love all the Twitter morons who somehow thought they were going to bring the hammer down on the most electrifying player in the league during a big playoff run. People have no idea how to use logical thinking anymore. There was no way they were ever going to be able to prove him guilty of anything from an Instagram video.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:33 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
lol that gun in the ocean and everyone around him turned blind. Hopefully he grows up from this and when he comes back soon he quits acting like a wannabe thug.
You should worry about your own wannabe thug that is somehow still on your own team and throwing tantrums on the court when the teammate he sucker punched doesn’t want anything to do with him. Surely they’re over all the off-season stuff by now. They’re 7 road wins into the season at this point.

Here's that obvious moment of exasperation from Draymond Green near the end of the first half in OKC. Flashes open for a pass from Jordan Poole, doesn't get it, waves in annoyance, walks away from the action. pic.twitter.com/a9dP5IvJZs

— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) March 8, 2023

[Reply]
dirk digler 06:44 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You should worry about your own wannabe thug that is somehow still on your own team and throwing tantrums on the court when the teammate he sucker punched doesn’t want anything to do with him. Surely they’re over all the off-season stuff by now. They’re 7 road wins into the season at this point.
lol I saw that and just rolled my eyes. That punched ruined the season and he is gone next season. Never seen a team on their level be so good at home but be so dismal on the road. I imagine your team will roll them tomorrow night.

But in fairness to Dray he isn't pulling guns on people and players, beating up teenagers, and fighting mall security guards for his mom. :-)
[Reply]
Page 56 of 378
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up