ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Defense thread***
BigRedChief 08:08 PM 09-21-2021
Discuss all things defense

When you're so bad at run defense you make it a legitimately good choice to run the ball at you consistently, that's pretty impressive(ly bad). https://t.co/hFnQIuLKqe

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
JPH83 03:25 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If I told you right now we were going to the playoffs and we were going to knock out the Chargers or Bills in the 2nd round but couldn't tell you what happened after that would you take it?
Yep.
[Reply]
carlos3652 03:25 PM 10-11-2021
Im sure this has been talked about, but the biggest concern with Spags was having terrible career defenses in other places before coming here...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:27 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yep.
Ok. I don't know if we can get it together to win a Super Bowl but we are going to be a playoff team and a dangerous one at that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:47 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Can Reid and Hunt apologize to Dorsey for getting all bent out of shape about a GM doing his job and hire him back?

OH NO! Dorsey cut a washed up receiver without telling Andy!!!

OH NO! Dorsey doesn't want to give Eric Berry a long term contract! Doesn't he know he's a cancer survivor and an inspiration?!?!

Reid and Hunt's egos shoved Dorsey out the door plain and simple. Dorsey was a real GM that made actual decisions and those guys couldn't handle it, so they kicked him to the curb and replaced him with a yes man.

What a ****ing waste.
Good lord

I don't hate Dorsey and know he played a large role. But our super bowl is largely due to veach impressively turning our defense into a 4-3 overnight. We are paying today for many of those decisions. But it was worth it. And no, dorseys defense was not even close to ready to win a super bowl for us. Nor could we handle yet another year of Dorseys cap management.

We got two years of super bowls where our defense played pretty well and we're calling it a waste? Holy hell.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:48 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Someone should be canned.
To be fair, it wasn't 38 points...it was 31 cuz Pat threw a pick 6. But still...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:53 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
This is worse than the sutton fired season.

Im not sure that i trust veach to replace all the personnel that need to get shitcanned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what we say every year.

We turned our defense from worst to super bowl winner in one offseason. All while switching us from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

We turned our OL from worst to one of the better ones in one offseason.

How has he not earned our trust to turn it around? Spags makes me nervous if he can't adjust out of it. But veach has more than earned the trust to try to fix it. I seriously don't get why he has become our boogeyman all of a sudden.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 04:25 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

We turned our defense from worst to super bowl winner in one offseason. All while switching us from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

How has he not earned our trust to turn it around? Spags makes me nervous if he can't adjust out of it. But veach has more than earned the trust to try to fix it. I seriously don't get why he has become our boogeyman all of a sudden.
Veach can't draft worth a shit. So he has to go out and overpay and gamble on free agents to fill holes that he is unable to fill via the draft.

That is not a sustainable strategy.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:28 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

I get what you’re saying but to me and this is me only….we’re right in the middle of a window with the best QB this team has ever had, we can’t waste it. I don’t care who it is…if they get in the way of success with Mahomes in his prime, adios.

We cannot dilly dally and waste these seasons…just my opinion. I don’t care if it’s Spags, EB, Andy, Veach, or whoever.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:47 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I get what you’re saying but to me and this is me only….we’re right in the middle of a window with the best QB this team has ever had, we can’t waste it. I don’t care who it is…if they get in the way of success with Mahomes in his prime, adios.

We cannot dilly dally and waste these seasons…just my opinion. I don’t care if it’s Spags, EB, Andy, Veach, or whoever.
I don't see it that way. I think our super bowl team is closing. The super bowl team that was built lightning fast to get an expensive super bowl for mahomes early and break the kc curse. We are now transitioning to an era where we have to build a team around mahomes contract. I like our chances way better than what happened to new orleans and green bay. As long as we have mahomes and Reid we always have a window.

That means getting rid of Clark, Hitchens, Sorensen, Reed and freeing up lots of payroll. There's no reason why last year's defense should be a difficult bar to hate even after cutting those guys. Meanwhile our offense is really just a productive WR away from dominating again, assuming we trust Reid to outsmart deep zones. Which he will.

But we gotta give veach that shot. He is held back by leftovers from the last window. Which expired way sooner than it should have, but again, that cost was damn worth it. And much as I appreciate spags, we have to figure out if he's the guy to usher in this new era. He's proved us wrong the past two years. Let's hope he doesn't again and doesn't pull a Sutton where his scheme expired.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:21 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Veach can't draft worth a shit. So he has to go out and overpay and gamble on free agents to fill holes that he is unable to fill via the draft.

That is not a sustainable strategy.
I think hes done really well drafting in the later rounds. Needs to be better in early rounds and he's lost a lot of picks for guys like mahomes Clark and brown. Needs to go back to dumpster diving which is how we got guys like ward, Pennel, and breeland for dirt cheap.

I also think it's on coaches to ask for the right things. It's no surprise Reid did well with OL and less well with WRs many of whom are serviceable WRs who can block and play STs. Just as it's no surprise spags did well with CBs but goes after slow plodding LBs.

But point being, veach has responded really well in the past to crises. Let's see how he responds to this one.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:24 PM 10-11-2021
*drafts biggest steal in entire draft*

Fucking Brut Varsity can't draft!!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:28 PM 10-11-2021
I’d like to see a poll of which defensive players CP thinks can stay on the team
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:30 PM 10-11-2021
Gay was starting and played every down when the defense got 3 straight stops. Coincidence?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:32 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
At what point will the coaches lose the locker room, at least with the other defensive players if they don’t hold Sorensen accountable and bench him for Thornhill?

Honey Badger is openly expressing his frustrations during the games with Sorensen’s continued failures. That has to be the tip of the iceberg in terms of the frustration going on in the locker room/ behind the scenes.
While he's whining, Honey Kitty needs to look in the mirror.
[Reply]
TEX 09:34 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
While he's whining, Honey Kitty needs to look in the mirror.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up