« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:38 AM 09-15-2017
If I had a bunch of money in I would get out and put it in alittle bit more stable. This thing is crazy. But I will wait to see what Weapon X does.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:21 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
The fact that suddenly you have a bunch of hedge fund guys trying to pump this up is scary.

I think they are getting out. I would take some money off the table
When you figure out a way to easily let my uncles invest w/o having to be crypto-experts worried about shit like "well duh don't leave your e-walled exposed on a WPA network with 8-bit encryption, I mean that's just basic common sense", THEN this whole thing will blow up at least 10x. And after that it will really crash. I honestly think it has that much upside still left in it. Just don't be the dumbass true believer caught w/o a chair when the music stops.

I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt the doctom bubble was toast when the Nasdaq fell 20% in a day for no reason - April 2000. My uncles were all in. There was no one left.

When that happens here it will be the same story. BUT - not after all the hot money is in and there's no greater fools. These zigs and zags are nothing compared to a crypto bubble with normies investing. But they need to find a way to get my uncles in, or they may be done now.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:33 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
When you figure out a way to easily let my uncles invest w/o having to be crypto-experts worried about shit like "well duh don't leave your e-walled exposed on a WPA network with 8-bit encryption, I mean that's just basic common sense", THEN this whole thing will blow up at least 10x. And after that it will really crash. I honestly think it has that much upside still left in it. Just don't be the dumbass true believer caught w/o a chair when the music stops.

I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt the doctom bubble was toast when the Nasdaq fell 20% in a day for no reason - April 2000. My uncles were all in. There was no one left.

When that happens here it will be the same story. BUT - not after all the hot money is in and there's no greater fools. These zigs and zags are nothing compared to a crypto bubble with normies investing. But they need to find a way to get my uncles in, or they may be done now.
I did not understand poast. But, how much more of my net worth do you uncles advise to invest in crypto? Will go all in based on your advice
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:35 AM 09-15-2017
Here's my take - if they don't find a way to make it easy for normies to invest - we're at peak crypto-savvy greater fool right now. Get out. If they do and my uncle emails me about bitcoin, I'm going to put $50k in and hope for a quintuple-up at least before pulling out.

Roughly.

Now tell me there's an easy way for normies to invest w/o having to worry about e-wallets stored locally or shady Mt. Gox-es disappearing with their money.

Also you should read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Extraordinary.../dp/0486432238
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:28 AM 09-15-2017
I have tried to sell to 3 old guys. They didn't catch a word or seem interested
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:52 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Because they have seen many Ponzi schemes over the years and know better to chase fake money with real cash.

Hey, I made 10,000 in Bit Coin- whoops hackers just emptied my wallet. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:02 AM 09-15-2017
You saw my quote earlier about my uncle asking me if XML was the next linux right? I doubt he's going to go down that road again. But someone around 50-60 who didn't have any real money to invest in the dotcom bubble might.

Just out of curiosity, what is the easiest and safest way to invest in BTC or ETH? What's involved?
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:33 AM 09-15-2017
Bought on the dip last night.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:15 PM 09-15-2017
You saw my quote earlier about my uncle asking me if XML was the next linux right? I doubt he's going to go down that road again. But someone around 50-60 who didn't have any real money to invest in the dotcom bubble might.

Just out of curiosity, what is the easiest and safest way to invest in BTC or ETH? What's involved?

It's the easiest way to invest in bitcoin, ethereum or litecoin
[Reply]
BWillie 01:05 PM 09-15-2017

Dont leave it on exchanges. Get a hardware wallet, I would recommend a Trezor. Best way to keep it safe and you almost cant ever get hacked. If you do use an exchange to store it make sure you use Google Authenticator or something like that so ppl cant clone your phone & steal your shit. You can always sign up for a poker account via baldeaglepoker.com, use ur credit card or western union to put it on the poker site and then withdrawal it to bitcoin after a while. ��
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:30 PM 09-15-2017
Nope - I'm only investing when I don't have to tell my uncle to get a hardware wallet. There's a reason why I don't keep my money under my mattress. I work in tech, nothing is ever secure w/o a ton of effort and smart people and even then maybe not.

I'll check out coinbase.

Are there crypto ETFs, and if so have they been going bananas?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:07 PM 09-15-2017

I can't really grasp what I want to say. You are right. The only rebuttle you have to someone that wants safety is ask them about how safe 2008 was. That logic is weak
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:08 PM 09-15-2017
Halfcan's takes are saltier than his soup.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:11 PM 09-15-2017
I can't really grasp what I want to say. You are right. The only rebuttle you have to someone that wants safety is ask them about how safe 2008 was. That logic is weak
But it wasn't "bank ran off with my money" unsafe.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:14 PM 09-15-2017
Halfcan's takes are saltier than his soup.
:-)

I Never add salt to my soup btw.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 261
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up