ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 40 of 256
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:57 PM 11-29-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
If you haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider yet, (came out a few weeks ago for PS4) I highly recommend you do. It was out a year ago for XB1 and PC, (stupid move by the devs) so I'm just now getting around to it.
Excellent game. The setting isn't as nice as the previous title, (takes place in Syria) but the story, graphics and sound is improved.

I picked it up on Black Friday with all the DLC from GameStop for 40 bucks.
Siberia not Syria, though there is a level there.
[Reply]
Miles 02:06 AM 12-03-2016
Upgraded to a PS4 Pro and HDR with added resolution looks really fucking great and looking forward to games fully taking advantage of everything.

Started playing FF15 and this game is weird as hell even for a Final Fantasy game but surprised there hasn't been more talk about it. The battle mechanics are promising and it looks incredible.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:15 AM 12-04-2016
Originally Posted by Miles:
Upgraded to a PS4 Pro and HDR with added resolution looks really ****ing great and looking forward to games fully taking advantage of everything.

Started playing FF15 and this game is weird as hell even for a Final Fantasy game but surprised there hasn't been more talk about it. The battle mechanics are promising and it looks incredible.

Doesn't the standard ps4 have hdr too?

What is the difference between standard and pro?
[Reply]
Miles 11:50 AM 12-04-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Doesn't the standard ps4 have hdr too?

What is the difference between standard and pro?
Yes, standard has HDR as well. Pro mostly just offers ability to go above 1080p through upgraded hardware.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:24 AM 12-11-2016
I am ready:

[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:09 PM 12-11-2016
Finally caved and got a PS4 Pro. Picked up Borderlands and The Witcher 3. I think all my free time just disappeared.
[Reply]
kcpasco 04:10 AM 12-12-2016
Enjoying the witcher 3 for PC. I'm late to the party but it truly is a great game.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 04:04 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Enjoying the witcher 3 for PC. I'm late to the party but it truly is a great game.
It's a wonderful game. Probably the best PS4 game out there. Really well done.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:08 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Finally caved and got a PS4 Pro. Picked up Borderlands and The Witcher 3. I think all my free time just disappeared.
Which Borderlands?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:33 PM 12-12-2016
Stardew Valley Review

It's time for another Indie! Recently I had the misfortune of buying an Alienware Steam Machine in an attempt to get back into PC gaming. Unfortunately it shit the bed and I had to return it, leaving me a bevy of purchased games I thought I had no use for. Fortunately Stardew Valley, and Darkest Dungeon are playing out very nicely on my MacBook Air! Today I will talk about Stardew Valley.

Back to the Basics

I was a huge fan of the SNES game Harvest Moon. Never had I played a game that took the mundane act of farming, and turned it into such a fun experience. Getting into this game, I only hoped Stardew Valley was half as fun. And boy was I in for a treat.

The game starts off at grandpa's deathbed. He gives a warning to the dangers of living in a complicated world, and being burdened with modern society. After years working the normal 9-5, your character opens the letter and finds a deed to his farm.

The game starts you off in dilapitaded farm with little to no direction. Your only initial task is to plant the seeds given to you at the beginning. The rest is up to you. There are just so many things to do, and not enough time/energy to do them all, but that's alright. Whether you want to stick to crops, animals, fishing, or developing town relationships, there is no real pressure to do anything a certain way.

The game is very simple, with about 28 days in a season, with the typical 4 seasons. Each one only allows certain plants to grow, and other seasonal dependent activities. The town is full of people that have their own backgrounds and motivations, allowing relationships and even marriage to some of them.

Each activity nets you money when turned for sale. Crops can take several days to harvest, so some actions must be planned out in advance. Planting spring crops at the very end of spring can result in all the crops dying out. But there is an endless amount of hooks that will keep you playing longer. It started with gathering materials for a sprinkler for me so I wouldn't have to water my crops. Then I found I could build a stable and travel on a horse. Then I found I could upgrade my chicken coop for incubating my eggs, which led to a mayonnaise maker to get the maximum out of every egg. You get the picture.

An Enjoyable Time Waster

For those who loved Harvest Moon, the question is whether this is a worthy successor? I say it is better in every way. The characters are fleshed out, there is so much to do, even the fishing is a blast. And did I mention there is even combat sections? This game is an enemy of your free time, but I am calling it my game of the year.

9.75/10
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:17 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Which Borderlands?
The Handsome Collection. Has BL2, The Pre-sequel, and all DLCs.

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
The Handsome Collection. Has BL2, The Pre-sequel, and all DLCs.

The Pre-Sequel is garbage. Play the shit out of BL2.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 01:47 PM 12-15-2016
No TLoU 2 thread? I can't fucking wait!! Red Dead 2 and TLoU are going to be super dope. Also waiting on RE7 and Horizon Zero Dawn.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:20 AM 12-16-2016
Pre-ordered Horizon and will do the same with TLoU 2. Resident Evil has to show me something before I get excited about it. They've fallen a long way over the years.
[Reply]
Sofa King 04:50 PM 12-16-2016
I'm gonna play Revelation Online when it comes out. Used to like playing Aion and this seems pretty close. Couple buddies will join.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 256
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up