Nzoner's Game Room>OJ Simpson DEAD at 76
chinaski 08:43 AM 04-11-2024
Breaking...
[Reply]
Katipan 06:32 AM 04-22-2024
You don't quote me enough Rico.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:51 AM 04-22-2024
Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 09:11 AM 04-22-2024
Watching the OJ documentary, two things must haunt Garcetti to this day:

Choosing downtown as the venue, and allowing eight black women on the jury. Listening to two of the jurors' comments, there was zero chance they were ever going to arrive at a guilty verdict. The mental gymnastics they were performing were astounding.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:43 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:

Choosing downtown as the venue, and allowing eight black women on the jury. Listening to two of the jurors' comments, there was zero chance they were ever going to arrive at a guilty verdict. The mental gymnastics they were performing were astounding.
If I was on that jury we'd still be sitting there or it's be a mistrial. I still can't get over the fact that these people were sequester for almost a year. That's insane when you think about it. And you can't quit per se. I mean you could do things to get thrown out, but that might be a heavy price to pay and that's saying something.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:47 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:

He cared more about his re-election prospects than ever getting a guilty verdict in the OJ case...
[Reply]
crispystl 10:29 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by rico:
Man, I can’t quit watching every video possible on YouTube/netflix/etc. of OJ…. Man, he is such a complicated dude, IMO… And that case… crazy and we will never see anything like it again. It takes a special kind of ****ing crazy to kill someone… and this dude did it with a freaking knife. Two people with a freaking knife… gross. And this dude always held it together so well in interviews and publicized social situations as well as the football field and it’s wild that he was capable of that… considering he did it…

That whole racial divide thing they emphasize with this was something I didn’t even know was a thing when I was a kid and this was going on. I remember watching the verdict live as a 5th or 6th grader… I think the entire school checked in on it… I went to a tiny school in Smalltown-SE Iowa and I can only recall there being one black person at that school the entire 12 years I went there and that dude was 5 years younger than me…. And here’s what my experience was…. I was in a room for of white kids and white teachers and I can’t think of one person who wasn’t cheering the verdict because every kid including myself just didn’t think he was capable and didn’t believe he did it… Even the teachers were cheering… Not sure what their excuse was! :-) And the last thing on my mind was that the nation would actually be divided over it in most places on the map because I just thought it was a murder case with OJ vs the bad guys like Marcia Clark who just were obvious sports-haters. Racism type stuff in general was something I really didn’t know anything about and never really thought about growing up because my dad was always against it and it was honestly pretty rare for us to ever see a black person in our region and circles we were part of (wrestling)….I kind of had to just learn via watching tv that there was a problem there…And then of course we learned about slavery in school and that obviously shed some light on why there are problems there.

Haha, I dunno it’s just so interesting to watch now… my perspective was so different back then and it’s a different experience for me altogether watching all of these documentaries about it, now knowing there were some racial tensions with the case that my entire town seemed oblivious to when it was going on… ��
I agree. For some reason I find the entire train wreck fascinating. There's a podcast called "You're wrong about" and they have a couple pretty good episodes about it.
[Reply]
threebag 12:30 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He should pay them. Their son is dead and a court gave them money for it and OJ skated out of ot for bullshit reasons.
Fred Goldman is a piece of shit too
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:49 PM 04-22-2024
Ahhh of all people in the world she could have banged… why in the hell did she have to bang Marcus Allen?!?! :-) I mean, come on… your man’s career is over and you are gonna bang the dude who seemingly took your place, not only as a superstar NFL RB, but as a star RB for USC!!! I mean, the dude’s ego was likely already kind of taking a beating as it was with his career ending, but that is just straight-up salt on the wound. Honestly… If OJ were pissed about Nicole and Marcus… I wouldn’t blame him… I’d be pissed at Marcus too, for it’s not like he didn’t have plenty of options either… dude didn’t HAVE to fuck Nicole…

And while I say I don’t blame OJ for being pissed about that, it doesn’t mean we’d have the same reaction to it. Lol, my reaction to that would be to never speak to her again and try to have my parents exchange our kids so I never had to see her again. OJ’s reaction was to kill her…. With a knife. :-) He would have been better off just writing her off… and ppl would have still loved him as they did before. But no, this dude wanted to kill his ex and some dude with a knife.

Blows my mind… and holy cow, what a hopeless feeling it must be, knowing that you’ve got a crazy-pissed off OJ Simpson coming after you with a knife. One of the last dudes on Earth I’d want to be in that scenario with. If what OJ said was true about Goldman getting into a karate stance when he attacked him, then good lord, why did Goldman do that?! Don’t try to fight a crazed OJ… just count your losses and run away. Because karate ain’t gonna do a freaking thing to a pissed off OJ with a knife. Admire the dude’s (Goldman’s) courage tho. It’s speculated by many that he died trying to save Nicole…

Uh, you realize that trying to run away from OJ Simpson (HOF RB) is probably not going to end well for most people, right?

Of course, going hand-t-hand with a man armed with a knife isn't going to end well either in most cases regardless of how much karate you might know.

Maybe he should've been carrying a gun. Oh wait . . . .
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:48 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
If I was on that jury we'd still be sitting there or it's be a mistrial. I still can't get over the fact that these people were sequester for almost a year. That's insane when you think about it. And you can't quit per se. I mean you could do things to get thrown out, but that might be a heavy price to pay and that's saying something.
I think jury pay is unreasonable. In Colorado it's $50 a day, so if you're there eight hours it's $6.25 an hour, which is about 1/3 of minimum wage. I understand civic responsibility, but people have to eat. And why is the government allowed to pay less than the minimum wage that everyone else has to abide by?

It should be minimum wage as a worst-case policy, and I would argue that it should be the median wage of the state.
[Reply]
rico 05:24 PM 04-22-2024
OJ had the nerve to actually go to her wake! I just can’t wrap my head around some things about the guy…

And he is an absolutely phenomenal, quick-witted liar. Played the part of “you got the wrong guy” effortlessly.

I wonder what was going through his head after it happened… wonder if he instantly regretted it… Well I mean, I assume he did…
[Reply]
rico 05:24 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
I agree. For some reason I find the entire train wreck fascinating. There's a podcast called "You're wrong about" and they have a couple pretty good episodes about it.
Really?! Where can I find that?!
[Reply]
Katipan 05:26 PM 04-22-2024
Really?! Where can I find that?!
16 episodes about it on Spotify
[Reply]
rico 05:26 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
You don't quote me enough Rico.
I know!! I don’t quote anyone enough in here these days… need to make my way back here when life settles down.

Hope you are good! Have noticed you still kicking out cool posts over the years! Smoke one for me!
[Reply]
rico 05:27 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
16 episodes about it on Spotify
I need to culture myself with Spotify…. I’ve never used it or really known what it was, but my friends are always talking about it…
[Reply]
Katipan 05:30 PM 04-22-2024
I need to culture myself with Spotify…. I’ve never used it or really known what it was, but my friends are always talking about it…
It's scarier than Google.

You'll be minding your own business, living your life and Spotify will curate a playlist for you that is impeccable.

Family plan is like $12 and you can have 6 accounts.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 16
« First < 41011121314 1516 >
Up