ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rumblings of a possible deal for Detroit Collins?
gblowfish 12:23 PM 09-23-2021
Let's trade Frank Clark for him straight up!
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...e-discussions/
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:06 PM 09-23-2021
I’d think if they added Collins the Chiefs would either be looking to use him as a LE in the 4man base alignment (Clark-Nnadi/Reed-Jones-Collins) or stand him up in a odd set, with Clark and Jones playing 5tech roles and Gay and Collins as your outside backers (335 look, basically).

It would give Spagnuolo some versatility in his defensive alignment and an odd front might let them maximize Jones’ skillset while making best use of what Clark is now. We’ve seen him stand a DE up a bit, but traditionally he likes those 4-man down lineups. Not sure it works.

It definitely would improve their matchup against teams that are looking to use their QB in the run game. Not sure it helps against a more traditional team like the Browns.

Though it would hopefully mean Ben Niemann is no longer an option except in case of injury at LB, so there’s that…
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:12 PM 09-23-2021
Neimann will get his snaps because Reid values MuH eXpErIeNcE, even if the player is a raging dumpster fire taking snaps away from young and promising talent.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:10 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Do you bring Foster in to bolster our stable of brokedick degenerates?
Was there ever a conclusion on his degenerate status? My memory was the first thing was overblown and I don't recall if there was a second thing.

But he was damn good as a rookie.

Bring everyone in. All of 'em. If they're actually defensive ends (not these undersized glorified under-tackles) or linebackers that can play linebacker and not just !@#$ing special teams.

Tell Dave Toub that he's one of the highest paid STs coordinators in the game - that means he doesn't get to have 5 toys on the roster and is going to have to coach up what he has. We aren't carrying this many STs only players anymore because our defense sucks goat-ass.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 04:54 PM 09-23-2021
I prefer this as opposed to the alternative: hoping magical pixie dust envelops the defense and they improve overnight.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:03 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Was there ever a conclusion on his degenerate status? My memory was the first thing was overblown and I don't recall if there was a second thing.

But he was damn good as a rookie.

Bring everyone in. All of 'em. If they're actually defensive ends (not these undersized glorified under-tackles) or linebackers that can play linebacker and not just !@#$ing special teams.

Tell Dave Toub that he's one of the highest paid STs coordinators in the game - that means he doesn't get to have 5 toys on the roster and is going to have to coach up what he has. We aren't carrying this many STs only players anymore because our defense sucks goat-ass.
Arrested 5 times in the span of 2017-2018 for various drug charges and domestic violence accusations from that crazy chick he was with. Hasn't played in the 2019 or 2020 seasons due to his fucked knee. Realistically the dude is fucking washed but at this point they should be exploring ALL available options, even that moldy corner of the dumpster.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 09:57 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Maybe I'm alone in this, but the run stats so far don't worry me that much. We played the top running team in the NFL in Week 1, and the Ravens are basically nothing but a running team. They're strong teams, but this is our first loss to either team in the Mahomes era, and it was headed toward a win until the fumble. Let's let Spagnuolo observe and scheme before we make any abrupt moves.
Shut the fuck up with that common sense. We’re trying to blow up the defense here.
[Reply]
kcclone 09:59 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
wonderful idea though. trading away our only real DE
Does it really matter?

Frank might have 2-3 games where he shows up and looks like a top half DE
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Does it really matter?

Frank might have 2-3 games where he shows up and looks like a top half DE
It very much does not.

He's a street free agent caliber player at this point. Remember back when were were picking up guys like Jason Babin in-season?

He probably gave us about what we can expect from The Shart going forward.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:15 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
He's terrible in coverage, and everything you read coming out of Detroit suggests a lack of effort.

No thanks.
Everybody thats ever played in Detroit played below their abilities , Barry Sanders even quit in his prime.
[Reply]
Bump 10:16 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Everybody thats ever played in Detroit played below their abilities , Barry Sanders even quit in his prime.
and Calvin Johnson could have put up a few more 1200+ yd seasons easily
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:48 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Let's trade Frank Clark for him straight up!
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...e-discussions/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:51 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it just me, or is an alarming amount of 'I Think You Should Leave' in that uncanny valley where, you sense that it should be funny, and you try to be amused, and you see that they worked hard on it, . . but it just doesn't work?

Weird, because I like Detroiters a good deal.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:59 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It very much does not.

He's a street free agent caliber player at this point. Remember back when were were picking up guys like Jason Babin in-season?

He probably gave us about what we can expect from The Shart going forward.
BREET VEACH GREAT GM
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:02 PM 09-23-2021
Expect Donks to make a run after losing Chubb & Jewell.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:47 PM 09-23-2021
His cap hit is 13 mil next year. No thanks.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up