ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Brisco (AES on 810, Time's Ours) in the ICU
suzzer99 04:42 PM 09-22-2021

Asking for prayer for my 26 year-old son Joshua, this morning his girlfriend took him to the ER and he is currently in ICU, he’s delirious and had to be restrained, no clue yet what’s going on. Just took my wife to the airport to fly to Kansas City to be with him.

— Brad Brisco (@bradleybrisco) September 22, 2021

Apparently Joshua Brisco (of the Times Ours podcast and 810 radio) is not doing well. I really like this dude. I hope he pulls through ok.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:49 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mom posted publicly on Facebook that her diabetic issues started the same way. All of a sudden, caused a crisis.
Okay super weird publicity over sharing. Have at it everyone.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:53 PM 09-23-2021
One of his parents is a life long diabetic. Is that a inheritable condition?
Normally juvenile diabetes skips a generation but it can be inherited. Type 2 diabetes is almost always life style. I'm sure genetics plays a role though.
[Reply]
Coach 06:00 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He didn’t like it because you don’t take a center that high. He also didn’t like the Thuney signing.
Yeah, he's probably that guy that wants to keep Austin Reiter.

He just hates everything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:07 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Okay super weird publicity over sharing. Have at it everyone.
over sharing update…..

Medical Update: (disclosure, Joshua gave his uncoerced approval to take and post these photos). Yesterday Joshua was admitted to an area ICU in critical condition. He was incoherent with severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and delerium. He was quickly diagnosed with DKA, (Diabetic Keto-acidosis) with a glucose level over 900. Today, he is "stable and improving". Dr's are monitoring kidney function, not better, but not worse. His white blood cell count/WBC has improved by almost 50%, and the alveoli ruptures in his lungs are healing (tiny air sacs ruptured and air can leak between the lungs and the chest wall) He's been unrestrained and restful today.

As I'm writing this, he woke up, had eye contact, was responsive, then began interacting, talking and even brushed his teeth - all great progress! Still no food until he's more stable and off the insulin drip. Then, the work and life management of blood sugars begins...
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:10 PM 09-23-2021
Wow
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:13 PM 09-23-2021

Here is an update on ⁦@jbbrisco⁩ - his mom gave me approval to share this on Twitter. So happy to see the progress he’s made. There was no doubt that he would fight well and fight hard. Keep the Brisco family in your thoughts and prayers! pic.twitter.com/thjfOZBrAb

— Ryan Landreth (@ryan_landreth) September 24, 2021

The mom gave permission to share that, just in case anyone is concerned.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 08:31 PM 09-23-2021
Damn, man. Brisco is hilarious. Hope he mends up soon.
[Reply]
Groves 08:33 PM 09-23-2021
How often can diabetics eat Slim Chickens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:51 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

The mom gave permission to share that, just in case anyone is concerned.
Same with me. Mom says Joshua okayed it too. He’s kind of a public figure. I’m sure they want it out there it wasn’t some drunken cocaine/meth bender.
[Reply]
Fish 09:18 PM 09-23-2021
Sounds like Diabetic Keto-acidosis plus Jenkem overdose....
[Reply]
bevischief 09:30 PM 09-23-2021
over sharing update…..

Medical Update: (disclosure, Joshua gave his uncoerced approval to take and post these photos). Yesterday Joshua was admitted to an area ICU in critical condition. He was incoherent with severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and delerium. He was quickly diagnosed with DKA, (Diabetic Keto-acidosis) with a glucose level over 900. Today, he is "stable and improving". Dr's are monitoring kidney function, not better, but not worse. His white blood cell count/WBC has improved by almost 50%, and the alveoli ruptures in his lungs are healing (tiny air sacs ruptured and air can leak between the lungs and the chest wall) He's been unrestrained and restful today.

As I'm writing this, he woke up, had eye contact, was responsive, then began interacting, talking and even brushed his teeth - all great progress! Still no food until he's more stable and off the insulin drip. Then, the work and life management of blood sugars begins...
This sounds likely what happened to my Mom years ago. This happened to her in the late 1980s, and I was young and had hair.
[Reply]
wazu 09:36 PM 09-23-2021
Same with me. Mom says Joshua okayed it too. He’s kind of a public figure. I’m sure they want it out there it wasn’t some drunken cocaine/meth bender.
Prior to this thread I had heard the name but was barely aware he existed. And I live in KC and consume a decent amount of Chiefs media. Now I know who he is because of this thread and the media tweeting about it. Don't see any way the details of his unfortunate illness are damaging to him.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:38 PM 09-23-2021
Type 2s don't really go into keto acidosis, its the type 1s that do. Unfortunately type 1 is the super serious, bad luck you got it kind rather than the 'I ate like shit for 20 years and now Im diabetic' kind.

He will probably have to take insulin the rest of his life. Suck man.

(I am type 2 and control diabetes with fasting/low carb)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:03 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by bevischief:
This sounds likely what happened to my Mom years ago. This happened to her in the late 1980s, and I was young and had hair.
sorry to hear man. That had to be scary to see mom in trouble. Just got her on insulin and lived a full life?

Originally Posted by wazu:
Prior to this thread I had heard the name but was barely aware he existed. And I live in KC and consume a decent amount of Chiefs media. Now I know who he is because of this thread and the media tweeting about it. Don't see any way the details of his unfortunate illness are damaging to him.
yeah, an unexpected health emergency that’s really/probably not his fault. Why would it damage him or his career? If It’s a drug bender, he’s just another sad person that probably gets fired.

I don’t listen to radio. But, I’ve liked the Times ours podcast since Mom told me about it. Now that tweet is making the rounds. He already wrote for Sports Illustrated sometimes. Just from what I’ve heard on the podcast, He’d be a helluva lot better than Petro to listen to.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:37 AM 09-24-2021
Scary shit. Hope he makes a quick recovery.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up