ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Watching the Ken Burns doc on Muhammad Ali?
Easy 6 06:00 PM 09-22-2021
On PBS, of course… episode 3 starts tonight at 7

Stumbled onto episode 1 just as it started Monday and have been glued to it ever since, it honestly may be Burns best work IMHO… it doesn’t hurt that it’s a modern subject, so there’s SO much great footage, pics and radio calls

I’m not even some big boxing history fan, but damn it’s riveting tv nonetheless… turn it on now if you can
[Reply]
stumppy 08:53 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
“We went over there Champions, and came back old men”

He should’ve retired after that, or at the very least after he got redemption on Spinks… too many people around him were blinded by the glitz, just letting him get destroyed in pointless matches toward the end

Letting Holmes bludgeon him like that was criminal, throw in the towel you greedy bastards
I agree. Too many people riding the gravy train.

And talk about malpractice, how many Dr.'s missed the Parkinson's diagnosis.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:08 PM 09-22-2021
I will always prefer boxing over UFC.. Prime Ali was beautiful to watch.. I just don't feel that way about the octagon fights.. There was just nothing like a big heavy weight championship fight. Sadly the heavy weight division now just doesn't have anyone I want to root for..
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:27 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I agree. Too many people riding the gravy train.

And talk about malpractice, how many Dr.'s missed the Parkinson's diagnosis.
His so called doctors should’ve died in jail for malpractice, they had to have seen it
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:31 PM 09-22-2021
Set my DVR to record. Thanks for the reminder!
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:53 AM 09-23-2021
I watched all 4 episodes. I am a huge fan as I grew up with Ali.
My Dad hated this guy and me and my brother loved him.
Truly a GREAT WATCH!
[Reply]
D.A.P. 01:52 PM 09-23-2021
Have it DVRed
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:10 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I watched all 4 episodes. I am a huge fan as I grew up with Ali.
My Dad hated this guy and me and my brother loved him.
Truly a GREAT WATCH!
Ah, it appears I missed the first one, most likely covering his childhood… I’ll be on the lookout for that

Reeeally did love this series, complicated men sure make great subjects for documentaries
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:22 PM 09-23-2021
Ah, it appears I missed the first one, most likely covering his childhood… I’ll be on the lookout for that

Reeeally did love this series, complicated men sure make great subjects for documentaries
Things I didn't know:
Ali hit more pussy then punches landed on Frazier's face. He was married four times, and had nine children by six women. I bet he has some children unaccounted for out there for sure.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Things I didn't know:
Ali hit more pussy then punches landed on Frazier's face. He was married four times, and had nine children by six women. I bet he has some children unaccounted for out there for sure.
Ha… he was a prolific philanderer, no doubt about it
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:33 PM 09-23-2021

[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:39 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I forgot how brutal that fight with Frazier was.
This.

Flipped across it for a couple of minutes last night just at that point. Need to check out the whole series.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:53 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
This.

Flipped across it for a couple of minutes last night just at that point. Need to check out the whole series.
Yeeeah buddy, pretty sure I’ve never seen a boxing match so brutal and prolonged… they absolutely beat the hell out of each other

The way the doc made it seem, Frazier earned Ali’s respect in that one, but not the other way around, because Ali had just said one too many horrible things about him over the years
[Reply]
EPodolak 03:47 PM 09-23-2021
Later in their lives when Ali's impairment was obvious Frazier would say 'tell me now who won those fights'. Zero love lost.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:57 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Later in their lives when Ali's impairment was obvious Frazier would say 'tell me now who won those fights'. Zero love lost.
Yeah it’s a shame they couldn’t get past it, but Ali was pretty damn ruthless with his words over the years… I guess Joe just couldn’t let it go
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:10 PM 09-23-2021
Yeah it’s a shame they couldn’t get past it, but Ali was pretty damn ruthless with his words over the years… I guess Joe just couldn’t let it go
...despite Frazier supporting Ali during some rough years, even giving him money. For that, Frazier got to be called a "Tom" by Ali.
Ali was a dick.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up