ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 26
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Defense thread***
BigRedChief 08:08 PM 09-21-2021
Discuss all things defense

When you're so bad at run defense you make it a legitimately good choice to run the ball at you consistently, that's pretty impressive(ly bad). https://t.co/hFnQIuLKqe

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
Megatron96 09:34 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Frank Clark is rated #111 out of 111 DE's by PFF.

The worst defensive player in the NFL. The rest of our D line rounds out the bottom-graded losers.

Come Sunday, Neiman and Sorensen will be getting the top spot for the most missed tackles for a duo again.

These 3 guys should be riding the bench- but...Andy thinks they are great, so I guess we are stuck with them.
Well except for the fact that frank Clark was the only DL that made a positive play.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:46 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He’s the only one with a fumble recovery on the defense so if anyone he’s the one that’s always around the ball!
Ben was only able to pick up that fumble cuz he wasn't doing shit and was a couple of yards from the actual ball carrier.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:47 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well except for the fact that frank Clark was the only DL that made a positive play.
Lmao, yay!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:55 PM 09-21-2021
So you’re saying there is a chance our DLine doesn’t suck?
[Reply]
gold_and_red 09:58 PM 09-21-2021
Spags said Red Zone Defense was the focus of camp- so far teams are 8 for 8 getting TD's against us in the RZ.
Spags thinks that his RZ defense is great going up against that awesome running game in practice.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:01 PM 09-21-2021
The Athletic:

8. The Chiefs’ defense has been a disaster.

The truth is it might not matter. Kansas City’s formula for success revolves around producing an elite offense with the best player on the planet. The defense just has to be passable. Having said that, Steve Spagnuolo’s group has a long way to go to get to passable.

Through two weeks, the Chiefs rank dead last in defensive EPA per play. For context, they were 19th last year and 18th in 2019.

Against the Ravens, Kansas City got a pair of interceptions, including a pick-six, from Tyrann Mathieu. But aside from those two plays, the defense struggled. The Chiefs had just one sack and one QB hit.

TruMedia tracks a metric called success rate. Based on EPA, it looks at every play to determine whether the offense got closer to scoring or further away from scoring. The Chiefs’ success rate of 41.4 percent on defense ranks 32nd through two weeks.

Again, there’s no need to overreact. The Chiefs are obviously still on the short list of Super Bowl favorites. But if the defense doesn’t improve, Kansas City could find itself in a number of shootouts in the weeks ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:07 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lock this bitch until we see the chiefs play some
the defense needs it’s own thread. Tired of the defensive talk being spread out in 10 threads.

I’m not as down on the defense as most here. We looked like shit early in the season under Spags before. I hope it turns around like those seasons.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:13 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
BRC are you a swinger
At one point pre-aids era. Now, I’m happy to get laid by my wife.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:20 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
At one point pre-aids era. Now, I’m happy to get laid by my wife.
She’s got a good defense eh?
[Reply]
bevischief 10:27 PM 09-21-2021
Spags said Red Zone Defense was the focus of camp- so far teams are 8 for 8 getting TD's against us in the RZ.
That seems to be working out great....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:32 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
She’s got a good defense eh?
better than ours.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:35 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I am unaware of this “defense” thing of which you speak.
Defense is when you get in the beer/restroom line while you wait for Patrick to get back on the field.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:40 PM 09-21-2021

Don’t do that to that man. He can’t take the field. & his shit work. Hold me accountable, I can handle it… that’s a good man & a damn good coach.

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:42 PM 09-21-2021

I have almost 600 tackles. Go back in your mother basement & don’t come out until you run out of lotion

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:44 PM 09-21-2021
Honey Badger gone next year. Too bad he’s the only one worth a shit on this defense

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) September 20, 2021

[Reply]
Page 3 of 26
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up