ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gabby Petito
TLO 02:53 PM 09-21-2021

[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:28 PM 09-22-2021
Kind of starting to think he's dead. Suicide.
[Reply]
kepp 01:49 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I've seen a lot of people say the parents helped him escape.

Plot twist: he told them what happened, they took him out to the woods and shot him.
It crossed my mind. Especially since they're bringing in divers to search for him. How do you kill yourself and manage to end up far enough under water to need divers? I guess you could weight yourself down, but what's the point in that if you're already killing yourself?
[Reply]
Spott 02:51 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by kepp:
It crossed my mind. Especially since they're bringing in divers to search for him. How do you kill yourself and manage to end up far enough under water to need divers? I guess you could weight yourself down, but what's the point in that if you're already killing yourself?
Other than what his parents said, they haven’t said that there’s any hard evidence that he’s actually in that nature preserve.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:56 PM 09-22-2021
WHO CENSORED THE THREAD TITLE!!

I oppose this wholeheartedly, meddling assholes!!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:57 PM 09-22-2021
Wait a fucking minute..................

JUST HAPPENS TO BE IN FLORIDA, FEEDING SHIT TO ANIMALS! NO ONE HAS DRAWN THE CONNECTION YET?
[Reply]
Spott 03:00 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
WHO CENSORED THE THREAD TITLE!!

I oppose this wholeheartedly, meddling assholes!!

This whole thing is a sham. She kidnapped herself, dude.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:02 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Other than what his parents said, they haven’t said that there’s any hard evidence that he’s actually in that nature preserve.
His parents are lying POS. He comes home with her van, so they claim he did, without her and they don't ask him anything and say they know nothing? That is total bullshit.

It's totally possible that he was never at their house.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:05 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
This whole thing is a sham. She kidnapped herself, dude.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:39 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Hot blonde with nice legs gets killed.

It's a tragic, horrible story, but there's nothing about the facts which stands out from other similar stories. This kind of crime happens too often sadly. The physical appearance of the victim is what's driving the coverage. There have been many such crimes since she was killed. You're just not seeing them on national news.
These families of missing Black people are frustrated with the lack of response to their cases

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/us/fa...ple/index.html

It’s called ‘missing white woman syndrome’
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:51 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
These families of missing Black people are frustrated with the lack of response to their cases

Sure...there is a time factor here too. 5 years ago in one of the cases. I don't think media attention really matters that much, but you'll never be able to argue that with victims families. strange things for sure. especailly on the first one listed in the CNN article.

I find it highly unlikely that I would drop what I am doing in my area to go look for some adult that's missing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:06 AM 09-23-2021

White might have something to do with it, but i think it's more about what we the public perceive as a weak, underserved victims that we identify as people that need our protection. Being attractive matters. It matters in many ways in life, no matter how much and how many people deny it.

Pettit, pretty women in general get coverage.

Children get coverage. Children from more affluent neighborhoods get more coverage. Likely because more resources are available and used.

In San Diego, i've been hearing about the missing Maya Millete. She's a cute little 5'-something-tiny filipino woman. She's been missing since January 7th and to this day they still cover her story on the news. 9-months missing and she's STILL getting coverage. Most people don't get any coverage at all.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:37 AM 09-23-2021

Woman Loves When Woman Goes Missing https://t.co/tqLqDMjsRp pic.twitter.com/A17cFsVVzm

— The Onion (@TheOnion) September 23, 2021

[Reply]
ghak99 12:22 PM 09-23-2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:23 PM 09-23-2021

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
White might have something to do with it, but i think it's more about what we the public perceive as a weak, underserved victims that we identify as people that need our protection. Being attractive matters. It matters in many ways in life, no matter how much and how many people deny it.

Pettit, pretty women in general get coverage.

Children get coverage. Children from more affluent neighborhoods get more coverage. Likely because more resources are available and used.

In San Diego, i've been hearing about the missing Maya Millete. She's a cute little 5'-something-tiny filipino woman. She's been missing since January 7th and to this day they still cover her story on the news. 9-months missing and she's STILL getting coverage. Most people don't get any coverage at all.
It seems like it's far far more a function of being extreme outliers than being about race. There are tons of missing and exploited people, all day every day, but only once every few years or so do the facts of cases become so unique or intriguing that they grab national attention. The details meet the criteria for intrigue. And when you only have a handful of things happening in a demographically skewed nation, your imagination starts turning very rare things that share a number of markers of which race is an incidental one, into omnipresent phenomena that are driven by the racial factor.

Kind of like how serial killers are exceedingly rare, and among that exceedingly rare group there are a handful of demographic minorities, whether racial, ethnic, or gendered [Samuel Little, Eileen Wournos], but the details of a handful of that already slim handful are so striking [Bundy, Gacy] that a narrative arises that serial killers always fit the mold of the most striking examples in our minds.

Further interfering with this dynamic, as expressed by the Hodge Twins above a little more bluntly, there is a sense of communal reticence to publicize the details of some minority on minority malfeasance because of both systemic reticence to interact with authorities, and a pre-emptive sense that 'dirty laundry' of perpetrators will reflect badly on the entire community.

Again, note that, in the vast swathes of 'run-of-the-mill' missing and exploited persons in the 'white' community, there are also plenty who might have benefitted from additional attention and scrutiny and the persons involved in those matters were likewise reticent to publicize or get into detail for similar reasons. So it's still a matter of percentages and not factoring in 'the dog that didn't bark' in these rare maters, more than a matter of race.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:25 PM 09-23-2021
This has less to do with America caring about missing white girls and more to do with America being obsessed with True Crime Podcasts in my opinion.

Please tell me a missing person of color with a story this compelling. I mean maybe there is one but I haven't heard it yet.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up