ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the LA Chargers ( Week 3)
TLO 09:24 PM 09-19-2021
We're on to the Chargers, and our first noon game of the season.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 07:46 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Even the Broncos look better than expected.
They've played the Giants and Jaguars, and they get the Jets this week. Can't ask for a much easier start than that. Let's see how they do after that 3-game cakewalk, when they have this stretch:

BAL
@PIT
LV
@CLE
WAS
@DAL
PHI
LAC
@KC

Hard to see them winning more than 2 or 3 of those games, IMO.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:59 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:
It's insufferable. The same individuals would be whining if Reid called a pass and a receiver dropped it causing a clock stoppage. It's what you do to burn clock, run the ball. I'm down on CEH's ability as a running back overall, but it was his first career fumble in the NFL. Freak plays happen (just like the Mahomes INT earlier that night).

People need to shut the fuck up and move on, we're fine. Be upset at the run defense.
^ Truth
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 07:57 AM 09-22-2021
I don’t know where to ask this but I need help with parking please. Dad and I are going Sunday! We live 2 hours south. I haven’t been to a regular season game since 2002 and it’s my first time ever going with my dad. A special occasion indeed! Dad, however, doesn’t do well walking long distances. We are in section 121, so that’s the southwest gate I assume? Any ideas on parking or how to get dad a little closer?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:21 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
I don’t know where to ask this but I need help with parking please. Dad and I are going Sunday! We live 2 hours south. I haven’t been to a regular season game since 2002 and it’s my first time ever going with my dad. A special occasion indeed! Dad, however, doesn’t do well walking long distances. We are in section 121, so that’s the southwest gate I assume? Any ideas on parking or how to get dad a little closer?
Check your PM's.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:22 AM 09-22-2021
I think the call to run it on 2nd down was the correct one, in that situation, IMO.

You need 3 yards. You're in field goal range. If you're going to throw the ball to pick up the first down, you want to do it on 3rd down and at least get the chance to burn more clock on 2nd. You've cut through their defense like a hot knife through butter and have plenty of time left - plus time outs.

Credit to Odefe Oweh. He made a great individual play to swim by Thuney AND to punch that ball out. Quickness, explosion, and great timing. Sometimes that happens.

It sucks they lost. It's kind of hilarious how explosively the Ravens have celebrated. Credit to Wink Martindale for finally changing things up against Mahomes and the Chiefs. It wasn't really all that effective, but it made a small difference and they didn't give up a bunch of back-breaking big plays.

I don't think they have an adjustment off of that to pull out for a rematch.

As for the Chargers, I expect they'll give the Chiefs trouble and it will be a closer game, but I still see a bounceback win. The Chiefs short game will be critical against Staley's defense.

KC has some things to round into form. Thankfully, it's a young team and it is reasonable to expect all these young guys with upside to play better as time goes on (the OL, Bolton, Gay should be a big help if he comes back healthy).

Probably going to need more from the offense than we were hoping, but let's see what adjustments Spagnuolo has in store. His defenses usually improve as the season goes on.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:40 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the call to run it on 2nd down was the correct one, in that situation, IMO.

You need 3 yards. You're in field goal range. If you're going to throw the ball to pick up the first down, you want to do it on 3rd down and at least get the chance to burn more clock on 2nd. You've cut through their defense like a hot knife through butter and have plenty of time left - plus time outs.

Credit to Odefe Oweh. He made a great individual play to swim by Thuney AND to punch that ball out. Quickness, explosion, and great timing. Sometimes that happens.

It sucks they lost. It's kind of hilarious how explosively the Ravens have celebrated. Credit to Wink Martindale for finally changing things up against Mahomes and the Chiefs. It wasn't really all that effective, but it made a small difference and they didn't give up a bunch of back-breaking big plays.

I don't think they have an adjustment off of that to pull out for a rematch.

As for the Chargers, I expect they'll give the Chiefs trouble and it will be a closer game, but I still see a bounceback win. The Chiefs short game will be critical against Staley's defense.

KC has some things to round into form. Thankfully, it's a young team and it is reasonable to expect all these young guys with upside to play better as time goes on (the OL, Bolton, Gay should be a big help if he comes back healthy).

Probably going to need more from the offense than we were hoping, but let's see what adjustments Spagnuolo has in store. His defenses usually improve as the season goes on.
Ravens Defense gave up 28 points ,They suck too!
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:44 AM 09-22-2021
Cording to ESPN, the Chargers are the most penalize team in the NFL through the first two weeks of the season.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:46 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Cording to ESPN, the Chargers are the most penalize team in the NFL through the first two weeks of the season.
They had a shit ton last week
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:42 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Makes sense to me. They're a team run by very green coaches who don't have a lot of experience running practices. Teams like that tend to have more discipline/precision issues.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:48 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I do not know every teams schedule but I am pretty sure we have the toughest first 4 games. I am not upset at all right now. Browns, Ravens, Charges then Bills. I think we will smoke the Chargers next week.

Edit, eagles then Bills. We will be just fine.
Faders have a tough opening stretch too.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:55 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Chiefs open as 8 point favorites.
Seems like a lot
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:57 AM 09-22-2021

Andy Reid said Anthony Hitchens had his minor tissue surgery Monday following Sunday's game against the Ravens.

Reid said Hitchens was in and out for his procedure.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) September 22, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:58 AM 09-22-2021
I think we see a game similar to last week as far as score. Hebert will carve up the D threw the air instead of on the ground. The Chiefs should be able to get some turnovers from him to win though. It’s not going to be some stomping. The chiefs defense isn’t good enough to run away from anyone.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:59 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think we see a game similar to last week as far as score. Hebert will carve up the D threw the air instead of on the ground. The Chiefs should be able to get some turnovers from him to win though. It’s not going to be some stomping. The chiefs defense isn’t good enough to run away from anyone.
I have much more faith in the defense against a team that will want to throw instead of run.

That’s not saying much though.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:00 AM 09-22-2021
BTW is Gay eligible to come back this week? Reid said he was getting close.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 15
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up