ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the LA Chargers ( Week 3)
TLO 09:24 PM 09-19-2021
We're on to the Chargers, and our first noon game of the season.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:38 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The thing is, even when weve been bad against the run weve been able to shut down teams like TEN. I dont understand how we suddenly got this damn bad at it.
Not during the regular season we didn't. Last time we played them in the regular season they beat us and gashed this defense. We made the necessary corrections when it mattered the most, and that was in the playoffs.
[Reply]
YayMike 09:39 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I love where your heads at, but Reid won’t let us blow anyone out. Several games last year should’ve been blowouts, but Reid goes conservative.

As long as we win, I guess it doesn’t matter. I think Reid has a mentality of putting as little on tape as possible while still securing the win.

It works great, until it doesn’t.
I agree, and you’re right. That stat I read last week about us not covering the spread in like our last 7 games really ticks me off. And it has to tick Mahomes off too. Winning is winning, yes, but the great teams (like the Pats as an example) would crush the bad teams. I know we do “win” majority of the games against bad teams, which in the past didn’t happen…. But it’s time to assert our dominance. Reid’s statement about going back to the drawing board on defense gives me a sliver of hope that he’s going to reevaluate the offense too. This team lacks that attitude that swag that killer instinct, We need to show we are bad asses.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:43 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
I agree, and you’re right. That stat I read last week about us not covering the spread in like our last 7 games really ticks me off. And it has to tick Mahomes off too. Winning is winning, yes, but the great teams (like the Pats as an example) would crush the bad teams. I know we do “win” majority of the games against bad teams, which in the past didn’t happen…. But it’s time to assert our dominance. Reid’s statement about going back to the drawing board on defense gives me a sliver of hope that he’s going to reevaluate the offense too. This team lacks that attitude that swag that killer instinct, We need to show we are bad asses.
The defense stinks and Andy needs to just accept it. Get as many TD's as possible like in 18 when it looked the same. Forget the clock and playing for a FG win.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:53 AM 09-23-2021
So, now it's not enough to win, you have to destroy other teams...in the NFL...where they are also paid to play just like your team, they have the greatest football players in the world in this league...

This ain't college where the size of the win matters, and it's not about how the fans feel about a win. It's about the W and nothing else.

As long as we get the W, we're good.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:15 PM 09-23-2021
Yeah, people here need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Last year people said we looked unstoppable. Even then, we played a game that we barely beat a Chargers team with Herbert in his first start. IIRC, we didn't hold a single lead during regulation that game. Won that one by the hair on our chinny chin chin. Played tight games against the Raiders (lost one), Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers, Broncos, Dolphins and Falcons too. The ball bounces a different way in those games, we could have been looking at an 11-5, 12-4 type of season.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:15 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Good! Hopefully they finally removed the sand from his vag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:05 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
So, now it's not enough to win, you have to destroy other teams...in the NFL...where they are also paid to play just like your team, they have the greatest football players in the world in this league...

This ain't college where the size of the win matters, and it's not about how the fans feel about a win. It's about the W and nothing else.

As long as we get the W, we're good.
When you play every game close to the margins, you will eventually get burned as the Chiefs did vs. the Ravens.

And also some of the reasons for why the Chiefs are in so many close games are entirely preventable.

For one, stop wasting so many first down plays by trying to run the football.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:08 PM 09-23-2021
What the fuck? Have we been trotting out a M*A*S*H unit on defense?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:36 PM 09-23-2021
It’s time to see this team blow teams out of the water like they are capable. The Chargers are talented, but this is a team that we should blow away. I know it’s a divisional game and divisional games are always tough, but this needs to be a statement game and Reid needs to have these guys prepared and ready to roll. Steam roll these chargers
You are not going to blow anyone out with that defense, here is the script... Chiefs get ball and score within 45 seconds then team X gets the ball with a 14 play 10 minute drive the score is tied and all you have to hope for is making the Chiefs punt 3 times or so a game.

That defense sucks boys, no way to put lipstick on that pig.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:43 PM 09-23-2021
And yet, we had 2 INT's (1 a pick 6), a fumble recovery, and actually forced them to punt a couple times. :-)

Although it didn't seem like it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:45 PM 09-23-2021
The positives of the slow start for the defense is that our offense gets to work and feel the urgency...

And Mahomes gets a chance at another MVP.

Of course we need to get things corrected on D or we are another version of the 2018 team. Which despite its flaws was good enough to win a Super Bowl if you know who doesn't line up offsides.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:58 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
You are not going to blow anyone out with that defense, here is the script... Chiefs get ball and score within 45 seconds then team X gets the ball with a 14 play 10 minute drive the score is tied and all you have to hope for is making the Chiefs punt 3 times or so a game.

The Chiefs were up 35-24 towards the end of the third quarter with the ball back on offense near midfield.

They were in a prime position to drive for another score and go up by three scores/blow out the Ravens, but instead Andy Reid calls another failed first down running play… loss of 5 yards… and the Chiefs are unable to recover from there.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:23 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I can't wait to see them run it 40 times.

This is pretty much the same d that was top 10 the past 2 seasons.

It’s only 2 games
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:38 PM 09-23-2021

When was the last winning record you had? How about playoff win? :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 06:44 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
And yet, we had 2 INT's (1 a pick 6), a fumble recovery, and actually forced them to punt a couple times. :-)

Although it didn't seem like it.
What killed them was the drive where they had a 2nd and 23 or whatever it was and then didn't know who to cover on 3 straight plays that gave them an easy TD. It was all downhill from there.

Also the drive where they sacked Lamar but they called a ridiculous illegal contact on Mathieu. They called it again too. I guess they just hated Mathieu because both were absurd.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up