ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>TheDraftNetwork.com's mock draft machine is pretty great.
Direckshun 01:41 AM 01-15-2021
Try it out here.

Post your results.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:58 PM 03-09-2021
DJ, Zierlein, and Brugler are really plugged in and guys that usually have a good pulse on the NFL. DJ and Zierlein specifically work for the NFL, so they always have great insight.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:10 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
DJ, Zierlein, and Brugler are really plugged in and guys that usually have a good pulse on the NFL. DJ and Zierlein specifically work for the NFL, so they always have great insight.
There are certain positions these guys do better than others. I almost always ignore their QB rankings.

But they do better at OL and DL.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:32 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
There are certain positions these guys do better than others. I almost always ignore their QB rankings.

But they do better at OL and DL.
Yea everybody has their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to evaluating.

I’m talking specifically about having a good idea what the NFL is thinking and having good sources in the scouting community.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:36 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
who'd he have us taking?
Landon Dickerson.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Landon Dickerson.
Man, we better prepare for this team to draft Dickerson. All of the reliable guys are extremely high on him.

It’s becoming obvious that he’s likely to be the consensus best OL available if he’s there at 31.

I’d be fucking scared as shit if we did, but if he somehow stays healthy, it would be fucking awesome.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:42 PM 03-09-2021
Man, we better prepare for this team to draft Dickerson. All of the reliable guys are extremely high on him.

It’s becoming obvious that he’s likely to be the consensus best OL available if he’s there at 31.

I’d be fucking scared as shit if we did, but if he somehow stays healthy, it would be fucking awesome.
I’m not too worried. Right now they’re just looking at the Super Bowl and screaming offensive line at the top of their lungs. FA hasn’t happened yet. They have no clue.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m not too worried. Right now they’re just looking at the Super Bowl and screaming offensive line at the top of their lungs. FA hasn’t happened yet. They have no clue.
Yea I’m just speaking more to how Dickerson is viewed. He’s seen as a guy that is a top 15-20 pick without the injury concerns, so his value seems to be late 1st round.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:54 PM 03-09-2021
31. OT Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
63. DE Dayo Odeyingbo, Vanderbilt
94. TE Brevin Jordan, Miami (Fla.)
127. CB Ambry Thomas, Michigan
159. WR Whop Philyor, Indiana
223. LB Grant Stuard, Houston
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:00 PM 03-09-2021
I wouldn't be surprised to see Patriots go after Dickerson in the 2nd.

He won't drop much past our first pick.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:25 PM 03-09-2021
Yeah, Dickerson's upside is legit. Honestly, without the injury issues he's a top 15 guy for sure. Maybe even top 10-12.

The guy is good enough to have a Quentin Nelson-like impact Year 1. Adding a big, strong, nasty leader up front who kicks ass as a run blocker and anchors as a pass blocker would really transform things in the middle.

The injury thing is so significant, though. It's hard to believe he would hold up long-term, and I feel like you'd get to the end of his rookie deal and be making the same decision they made with Mitch Morse in 2019.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:32 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, Dickerson's upside is legit. Honestly, without the injury issues he's a top 15 guy for sure. Maybe even top 10-12.

The guy is good enough to have a Quentin Nelson-like impact Year 1. Adding a big, strong, nasty leader up front who kicks ass as a run blocker and anchors as a pass blocker would really transform things in the middle.

The injury thing is so significant, though. It's hard to believe he would hold up long-term, and I feel like you'd get to the end of his rookie deal and be making the same decision they made with Mitch Morse in 2019.
Was Nelson really worth it? Was David DeCastro really worth it?

I mean, we all know they are good but what impact do they have overall? Especially with Indy, I see a team that built a great line and still couldn't get over the hump because they were lacking in so many other areas.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:01 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Was Nelson really worth it? Was David DeCastro really worth it?

I mean, we all know they are good but what impact do they have overall? Especially with Indy, I see a team that built a great line and still couldn't get over the hump because they were lacking in so many other areas.
For the Chiefs with Mahomes, Tyreek, Kelce, and CEH?

Yes.

That kind of presence up front would make a huge difference. We are very soft and finesse up front, even when everybody is healthy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:13 PM 03-09-2021
For the Chiefs with Mahomes, Tyreek, Kelce, and CEH?

Yes.

That kind of presence up front would make a huge difference. We are very soft and finesse up front, even when everybody is healthy.
And if we landed such a center and had Osemele or another guard also play well...

Teams would be dead.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:05 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
And if we landed such a center and had Osemele or another guard also play well...

Teams would be dead.
You actually bring up a great point that proves this to be true.

We all saw the impact that Osemele had. Now imagine adding a guy like that in their prime.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:16 PM 03-09-2021
You actually bring up a great point that proves this to be true.

We all saw the impact that Osemele had. Now imagine adding a guy like that in their prime.
Plus he’s already blown out both knees.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up